How would you feel if Pinhead was the new killer?

Options
2»

Comments

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited May 2020
    Options

This is what I thought. Everyone was jumping up and down, saying it was Pinhead last time after the chain footage was shown.

I understand we have two chainsaw killers, but two of the same type released one after the other? That's highly questionable.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445
    Options

That would be great. Would also be cool with Jason, Tall Man, Chucky, and even Candyman.

• Papanibba
    Papanibba Member Posts: 2
    Options

I think that is definitely true for the original novel and the movies as it's all about experiencing every sensation and pleasure that can be imagined, but the 2015 novel The Scarlet Gospels by Clive are some really awesome reads, it talks about the society that Pinhead originates from and his position in it. Some people will debate whether or not it is actually the same pinhead from the original novel but it is an interesting perspective.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,491
    Options

I would definitely have nothing against Pinhead, there are just licenses that I would be more excited for/have an attachment to!

There seem to be enough people for it and I see no real arguments that would make him unfitting/undeserving. Just not my cup of tea, but if the power/Perks/survivor are good/interesting everything is alright

• Krilkal
    Krilkal Member Posts: 68
    Options

Pinhead would be cool. At least he wouldn't be a simple "man with machete" like Jason.

• Dr_Loomis
    Options

Well how would they do the map?

The house that Kirsty, her father and her evil stepmother move in to in the original film? I don't think so.

Maybe they could go for the hellish Labyrinth with Leviathan looking down at you...but that's too much like the Entity.

We will see later.

• Krilkal
    Krilkal Member Posts: 68
    Options

They could do a mix of both.

There are many locations to chose from. Even the mansion from Hellworld would be cool.

It will probably someone completely surprising who no one has mentioned yet. That would be the best :)

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Wouldn't care

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,491
    Options

Then people will complain that it’s not an iconic/classic killer though!

(well there will obviously people complaining either way.. but still!)

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Pinhead was only in the original for like 7 minutes totoal. Seriously.

• Dr_Loomis
    Options

For me, Jason and Pinhead are the only killers who I would be 'excited' about. Jason ideally as it would a real shock for him to be in, but Pinhead would be a great fit.

Candyman would be good, but I'm not as invested in the franchise than I am with Friday 13th and to lesser extent, Hellraiser.

Alien has been over exposed in games and the novelty has gone stale for me.

I'm not particularly excited at the prospect of Pennywise.

Pyramid Head would feel like somewhat of a cop-out. He would be a nice inclusion but he's in no way a 'star attraction'.

• Dr_Loomis
    Options

But his presence was impactful and meaingful. He had a more involved in depth role in Hellbound and he's the central antagonist in the third film (while the character is conflicted).

How about this: Jaws, widely regarded as one of the greatest, most iconic horror/suspense films in history.

The shark's screen time? 4 minutes.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    edited May 2020
    Options

Yeah in tge case of both its a case of less is more.

I get what you're saying, of course thd back half of tge franchise fell off. Thats true of most franchises. My only point is while not amazing, most of them followed the same formula as the original, or very close to it anyway. And I enjoy them personally.

Post edited by Dead_by_Gadfly on
  • Dr_Loomis
    Options

I remember one that was ok...I think about a train full of dead people or something? I started watching Hellworld but it got removed from Netflix before I finished it.

It just seemed Pinhead was there in the later films, but not really doing anything meaningful.

It could actually do with a really decent reboot. I would be open to that.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Options

Yeah what they did for most of them after part 4 was took other horror movies that were being made and wrote Pinhead into it. Kind of a silly thing to do but its kind of close to the original since that movie was more about Kirsty vs Frank than anything. Obviously though the quality of story telling wasnt there, I just was ok with it.

It could use a reboot I agree. The last few were only made so they could keep the license, and while I enjoyed the latest one it ended in a very weird spot.

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 404
    Options

if its pinhead and his power has something to do with chains and being able to drag survivors much better then deathslinger im down for that but its most likely going to be candyman and maybe pennywise

• Mothy
    Mothy Member Posts: 18
    Options

I don't know much about Pinhead but I do think that he/it looks cool and creepy. I would like to see Pyramid Head, Jason, Candyman, Alien, or Jaws over Pennywise.