The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DEVS, how to report cheaters with video proof?

From the topic about banning and appealing for permanent ban:
cit.:
"Other hacks
Using 3rd party software or other tools to gain any kind of unfair advantage wasn’t intended by the game, except if they have been whitelisted by us. Heavy proof and a video recording is mandatory."

Heavy proof and a video recording is mandatory. HOW CAN I UPLOAD A VIDEO throgh in game report system?

I am asking because 2 reasons:
1. I made a ticket with video about cheater who is showing his cheats on stream, and he is streaming since 4,5 months and devs didnt do anything to him. (In this case, video proof is not mandatory because he is streaming and making clips)
2. Today I recorded obvious lag switcher, and I want to help developers to get rid of them. I already know (look point above) that devs dont care about in-game-report-system, so is there another way to report players?

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

You have to post a link into the report by hand since copy/paste doesn't work.

• rafiksom
    rafiksom Member Posts: 50

So I have to spend 30 minutes uploading a video, cant close the game, because there will be no return to the report page. And then I have to put a link letter by letter because copy/pasting doesn't work.

It can't be ######### like that. Cmon.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@rafiksom said:
    So I have to spend 30 minutes uploading a video, cant close the game, because there will be no return to the report page. And then I have to put a link letter by letter because copy/pasting doesn't work.

It can't be ######### like that. Cmon.

It takes me on average 2-3 minutes to upload the video to YT and then another 15-30 seconds to type the link in. The game lobby windows stays open at max 3 minutes or so and I can go grab a bite to eat etc.

• rafiksom
    rafiksom Member Posts: 50

Good thing that u have high upload speed. I am gamer, not streamer. I want to easy to use report system.

• Ryuti
    Ryuti Member Posts: 19

If you want to include a video in your report, you can submit a ticket through support at https://support.deadbydaylight.com under the "Additional Player Report Information". Just fill out the information in the form and you can link your video there. No need to type it manually or wait at the end game screen while your video uploads.

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697
    edited September 2018

@rafiksom said:
    From the topic about banning and appealing for permanent ban:
    cit.:
    "Other hacks
    Using 3rd party software or other tools to gain any kind of unfair advantage wasn’t intended by the game, except if they have been whitelisted by us. Heavy proof and a video recording is mandatory."

Heavy proof and a video recording is mandatory. HOW CAN I UPLOAD A VIDEO throgh in game report system?

I am asking because 2 reasons:
    1. I made a ticket with video about cheater who is showing his cheats on stream, and he is streaming since 4,5 months and devs didnt do anything to him. (In this case, video proof is not mandatory because he is streaming and making clips)
    2. Today I recorded obvious lag switcher, and I want to help developers to get rid of them. I already know (look point above) that devs dont care about in-game-report-system, so is there another way to report players?

if you see pauloandrade22 its not a lag switch tho. I just have 10 fps.