Thoughts on the new Pyramid Head

Traslogan
Traslogan Member Posts: 283

-Competitive at wasting survivor time, he can force you to take his tormented debuff as punishment for using pallet loops or just going through linear areas

-Teleporting people to cages is good at countering flashlight stuns on pickup (probably insanely good against SWF who run out in the open on purpose to ensure this)

-A little slow but makes sense for that ranged attack even if it can't go over ledges / gaps

-He shows how weak some older killers are when it comes to countering and preventing being countered(The shape's tier 3 which is probably the weakest of all insta-down options killers have and how little it impacts his ability to chase, for example)

TLDR: Feels like Pay to stay competitive and counter SWF, I bet once survivors moan that they can't flashlight stun him he'll get nerfed once everyone buys it, especially with the tradition of nerfing anything that becomes killer meta.

Comments

• Poochkips
    Poochkips Member Posts: 265
    edited May 2020

Can seemingly hit you through walls? (Someone confirm this please) can mori you as fast as a Freddy without a actual mori (doesn't look like its hard to even get to go off to be honest) slow? But dunno, if he really can negate loops then it balances out to an extent. If people think he's gonna be a "swf stimper" you've literally just made it worse for anyone not in swf I suppose. I dunno. I'll try him, but if he feels OP to a point its unfun due to low effort I'll just go back to huntress and nurse. Waiting for my boy clown to get his rework. Also, he looks like he literally can ignore half the mechanics in the game which in theory sounds as dumb as old nurse in terms of how they work. I can already see a potential nerf. Mind you I've only seen a couple clips on him and thats without addons.

• Traslogan
    edited May 2020

SWF is everywhere at high rank, I think most solo's are down at the early ranks these days. Frankly also if SWF can ignore mechanics, killers should get to as well.

He can hit you through walls but he's got a charge time and then has to guess especially since his camera moves about a bit as he preps the attack.

• OniWantsUrLocation
    OniWantsUrLocation Member Posts: 506

I have to play with him a lot more until I can come to a conclusion, but at the moment he seems okay. He's not that easy to play. His range attack isn't as good as people think. And I'm not sure if it's even worth it to put survivors in that torture cages instead on hooks. Time will tell I guess. 

• Traslogan

It saves him from sabotage-spam (Which the devs self-induced as a problem by making sabotage so pathetically easy lately), and from flashlight stunning and bodyblocking. The cage isn't always going to be an amazing location but survivors cannot follow you to find the hook faster and cannot do anything about you sending them to the cage.

• Poochkips
    Poochkips Member Posts: 265

AS a huntress player who is used to a charge/windup time and predicting movement patterns, this seems like a wider hatchet without a throw arc and the ability to hit more than one person. I would hope it feels satisfying. And I can only really see it being useless to an extent in open areas. He seems like a loop ender. Which isn't much new for anyone with a projectile. As we can ignore that factor most times if we aim good enough. I'm well aware the SWF side as a good portion are pretty problematic at high ranks.

I'm curious how strong overall he will be. Any killer is really scary in the right hands.

• Traslogan
    edited May 2020

Personally my preliminary belief is that he's up there at B tier at minimum. His slow speed isn't great but as you say he'll end-loops aggressively or punish you for using them. He counters many of the worst survivor tactics like SWF waiting to get gauranteed flashlight stuns when you pickup, and of course he gets free mori on any tormented survivor that is dead on hook (even I think that's a little strong but eh, he still has to torment you I think).

Again I think the real problem is he shows how weak some other killers are. I main shape so I see his problems more-so but he's so painfully out-dated now when you compare him to most killers, he gets less deviousness gain than anyone else (He requires a literal perfect game of max-stalking on all 4 survivors and no one escapes or he can't max out deviousness), and he's generally got nothing to aid properly in chases (His vault speed buff is still sub-survivor speed, you need Bamboozle and Fire-Up as well as tier-3 on shape to actually gain something from window vaults.

Basically, Pyramid Head is good, but he contrasts against the other killers to show how out-dated they are.