The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can we get Cross Platforming And More Gamemodes If Possible?

The title doesnt need much to explain. I want cross platforming because i have a lot of friends who has the game and i cant play with them because i am on PS4.. Also by a new gamemode i mean there should be like 4 killers free for all to kill each other in a map? Maybe something like different escape types for survivors??

Answers

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

Sony is what's stopping cross platforming, not the dev. Since having 3 major platforms to play the game would mean a huge bankroll for them, i'm sure they're all for it. Sony just needs to let go so the future of Online Gaming can truly connect the world.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358
    At best PC PS4 crossplay would be the only likely option with sony
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Absolutely not. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@projecteulogy said:
    Sony is what's stopping cross platforming, not the dev. Since having 3 major platforms to play the game would mean a huge bankroll for them, i'm sure they're all for it. Sony just needs to let go so the future of Online Gaming can truly connect the world.

Other games manage it too, so it cant be sony thats the problem :wink:

• Maxi605
    Maxi605 Member Posts: 145

Wouldn't be fair for controller player to play against/with PC player.

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495

Possible with x-box and switch if the game ever land there, they are all for crossplay right now.
    As for PS4... Sony is absolutely against it... sadly :(
    Sony need a consumer spank to learn a lesson (talking as ps4 owner)

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

@Master said:

@projecteulogy said:

Other games manage it too, so it cant be sony thats the problem :wink:

No thats pretty much it. DBD could cross platform to Xbox one very easily. Microsoft actually wants it. While sony, does not.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Console players would get absolutely destroyed.

• Mad_Will
    Mad_Will Member Posts: 27

@mgumusada said:
    The title doesnt need much to explain. I want cross platforming because i have a lot of friends who has the game and i cant play with them because i am on PS4.. Also by a new gamemode i mean there should be like 4 killers free for all to kill each other in a map? Maybe something like different escape types for survivors??

Like others have said, cross platforming is not possible 100% at the moment, maybe it will be one day.
    A new game mode would be great, not sure about the free for all, but it would be nice to see something different like a single player story mode?

• shanks3042
    shanks3042 Member Posts: 163

I don't get it how cross-platforming works. Consoles can connect to the internet, so it would just have to connect to the server of a game? I can't see the point where Sony can prevent this.

If they will ever add this feature they should make it optional so you can deactivate cross-platforming.
    And why would console players get absolutely destroyed? As far as i know all jukes are possible with a controller too and also this would probably mean no one would play dbd on pc with controller?

• DarkWo1f997
    edited September 2018

I don't get it how cross-platforming works. Consoles can connect to the internet, so it would just have to connect to the server of a game? I can't see the point where Sony can prevent this.

If they will ever add this feature they should make it optional so you can deactivate cross-platforming.
    And why would console players get absolutely destroyed? As far as i know all jukes are possible with a controller too and also this would probably mean no one would play dbd on pc with controller?

Because consoles use their very own first party server software. It’s not
    like PC where the servers are provided by only developers. This way, Xbox especially, can enforce the code of conduct and punish toxic players by enabling the direct reporting of harmful messages and other communication that is much more easily tracked than on PC. Microsoft handles the enforcement, and the developers handle the game. It’s one of the perks of making a game for console. Community behavior is not your problem. 

So how does this effect cross platform play? Simple, the Microsoft and Sony servers work very, very differently from one another and are made by design to avoid joining servers that are not registered under or approved by or for Microsoft or Sony. They restrict their respective consoles to their domain and no one else’s.
  • PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042

Console players would get destroyed because juking is far different on console than PC.

Console players use controllers, PC players use keyboard + mouse..

You can’t juke and 360 efficiently on console, not to mention, the low FPS....
  • Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

lol @ Console plebs

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Well, console players could use a mouse and keyboard for that console so they don't get destroyed against pc players, and Rocket League is a cross-platform game, so...
    It would just be nice to play with you guys xD @fcc2014 @chemical_reject
  • chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Vietfox said:
    Well, console players could use a mouse and keyboard for that console so they don't get destroyed against pc players, and Rocket League is a cross-platform game, so...
    Yea I'd like it to, my brother plays on pc and I'd like for him to be able to play with me BUT its not just a mouse/keyboard issue. They'd have to increase the console framerate to match PC or PC would always have the advantage 
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Vietfox said:

Agreed it would be fun playing with the whole community. The framerate difference would be a major issue as hits appear out of whack as it is. I would worry as much about the mouse keyboard thing.

• Vietfox
    @fcc2014 @chemical_reject
    Yeah, i've heard that the real issue would be the fps :(
  • fcc2014

@Vietfox said:

I also think sony is jack holes about cross platform, but i love this idea and would be all for it.

• chemical_reject
    Vietfox said:
    Oh yea. I wouldn't mind playing againts a keyboard and mouse. I've done it before in other games and still destroyed them lol 
  • PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Vietfox said:
    Keyboard + mouse is not supported on the console version of dead by daylight... 

To make it supportable, you would have to buy this expensive USB that’ll format it.
  • fcc2014

Yeah that isn't even a concern for me. The latency issue would. It is bad enough as it is now. Dedicated Servers would be the best Quality of Life change they could make.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox said:
    Keyboard + mouse is not supported on the console version of dead by daylight... 

To make it supportable, you would have to buy this expensive USB that’ll format it.
    I was just saying @PinkEricka Last console i had was the ps2, i know nothing about the new ones xD
  • chemical_reject
    fcc2014 said:

Yeah that isn't even a concern for me. The latency issue would. It is bad enough as it is now. Dedicated Servers would be the best Quality of Life change they could make.

If F13th the game gets those dedicated servers they have recently said they were about to implement, then DBD has no reason not to 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Mad_Will said:

@mgumusada said:

Like others have said, cross platforming is not possible 100% at the moment, maybe it will be one day.
    A new game mode would be great, not sure about the free for all, but it would be nice to see something different like a single player story mode?

Explain me, why is cross platforming not possible?
    Other games manage it too, why is it impossible in DBD?

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Maxi605 said:
    Wouldn't be fair for controller player to play against/with PC player.

yup

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@chemical_reject said:
    fcc2014 said:

If F13th the game gets those dedicated servers they have recently said they were about to implement, then DBD has no reason not to 

i thought F13 had no more dev team?

• TheLegendDyl4n1

let me give a prime example guys "Fortnite" is a cross platform game. they can easily allow cross-platform between xbox and ps4 but Sony wont allow it and it as simple as hitting a button because a few months ago this happened they accidentley opened the gate between the two and ps4 and xbox players alike played with each other until sony found out and yelled at them and so fortnite had to close it. games can easily have cross platform if sony didnt own ps4 or got overthemselves. but if this was ever added it would have to be after dedicated servers are added

• chemical_reject

@chemical_reject said:
    fcc2014 said:

• Mad_Will

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@chemical_reject said:
    fcc2014 said:

They still have a dev team, when they announced they weren't going to add anymore content the game (due to the licensing lawsuit), they did say they were still going to be patches and implement dedicated servers to all platforms.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

OMG F13 HAS DEDICATED SEVERS NOW? DBD ######### ARE YOU GUYS DOING?

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

First off, Sony would nix the idea.

Second off, the number of "Nerf Nurse" threads would skyrocket as the poor console users finally get to learn what it is to face a nurse controlled by mouse and keyboard.

I'm gonna give this a no at this time.

• DarkWo1f997

First off, Sony would nix the idea.

Second off, the number of "Nerf Nurse" threads would skyrocket as the poor console users finally get to learn what it is to face a nurse controlled by mouse and keyboard.

I'm gonna give this a no at this time.

Mouse and keyboard is superior for shooters, but for nurse all of us already play at the wickedly insane 100 sensitivity. Pretty much the same thing. She doesn’t need to throw anything so all good on that front.  

Thats just my humble opinion though, doc. 
  • Mad_Will

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    OMG F13 HAS DEDICATED SEVERS NOW? DBD ######### ARE YOU GUYS DOING?

I haven't played it since the update, but I have heard it can take over 20 minutes to join a match and you are not able to cancel searching for a match once it has started. So dedicated servers might be good, unless you play in a region where not many people play, where it will end up being worse.