WHY PYRAMID HEAD!!!!

Options

Comments

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

I actually think that this comment express 90% of the community. I for one don't know anything about the silent hills and I'm researching to find out. Kinda confused with pyramid head on what he is, but the movies are kinda cool I guess, and I like the whole psychological mentions on the movies as a fun of psychology. I think this is the second dlc I'll ever buy, and I'll be happy to.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
    Options

As someone who's never played silent hill, I can say that Pyramid Head more than deserves to be in DbD. He's from arguably one of the the most popular and well-received horror games ever, and is the "Jason" of videogames.

I get if you don't want him in, and that's fine if so, but moaning on the forums doesn't exactly encourage the devs to get future licenses, especially licenses of this caliber.

Essentially what I'm trying to say is: Pyramid Head definitely earned his spot in DbD, and if you don't like it, that's perfectly okay, and I respect your opinion, but instead of belittling the decision on the forums, just be happy for those who wanted him in (which, from what I've seen, is a MASSIVE group of people).

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360
    Options

I’m happy. He was one of my most wanted. Now if only we can get Jason 😜

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151
    Options

I prefer Freddy from FNAF series but that's ok since I don't even know the game

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,561
    Options

While I never played any Silent Hill and have practically no attachment I am pretty happy how it turned out! A big non-movie license (I know we have Bill but survivors are sadly only Skins) was pretty cool and anniversary-worthy!

Jason will hopefully come when he is ready - as a whole, with Camp Crystal Lake and Mommy-issues

Candyman I see as a high probability for one of the next 2 chapters! As many said he is not THAT iconic, I still thought it was probable.

Xenomorph would have been a dream for me, but I wasn’t getting my hopes up.

Pennywise - eh - his time would have been with the movie remakes..

Pinhead is -at least in my eyes- not that iconic either. Nothing against him but just not anniversary material.

and those were pretty much the 5 most speculated killers. I think they nailed it with Pyramidhead!

• Dead_by_chrissy
    Dead_by_chrissy Member Posts: 120
    Options

100% agree plus Jason HAS his own game like go play that if you want him so badly.

• MamaEagle
    MamaEagle Member Posts: 115
    Options

Would one of those options been better Matchmaking? Lol

• arkhamtroll
    arkhamtroll Member Posts: 1
    Options

Truth of the Matter is that NO ONE is ever Happy with anything. AND you can't please everyone.

I for one love the Silent Hill franchise but it's entirely personal.

Let's just enjoy the game, a new killer, new survivor(s).

Thank you DBD Team!

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 534
    Options

Honestly if they didn't say anything and released him it would have been fine. It was the wording they used that ruined it, they never should've said it was a classic license that shaped the world of horror since its inception. Silent Hill is great, don't get me wrong, but it's a game that released in 99, saying it's a classic is very arguable, and regardless of whether it is or not, your opening it up to a pool of horror greats, ACTUAL classics, like alien, it, pinhead, jason. That's what ruined it for me, not the fact that it's in the game, it's the fact that they gave the possibility of it being a horror icon, and it wasn't.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 602
    Options

I am very happy with this! When I first saw the "4" Pyramid Head theory, I really wanted it to be him and yes!

When considering video games in horror, Silent Hill is definitely iconic, jaw dropping and an emotional milestone.

Cheryl/Heather is also very mysterious.

Good choice!

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 885
    edited May 2020
    Options

I get that some people are disappointed, but the killer seems interesting and decently thought out. I'd much rather have them add a killer that has a unique playstyle, than adding a killer just because they are popular.

Post edited by illusion on
  • Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416
    Options
  • DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

I literally just got done talking about how the number 53 haunts my life on Discord, and here it is again with you mentioning I got 53 likes. Oh my god.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Yeah that's a problem I have with video game representation...at least playing as Pyramid Head is unique to dbd :/

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

I agree jsut because their iconic doesn't mean their powers are good like Freddy when he was first released he was hot trash. Now I am slightly disappointed that it wasn't Candyman or Jason but I'm okay with that I'd rather have this guy over Alien or Pennywise

• MysticMusician
    MysticMusician Member Posts: 149
    Options

Out of all the possible killer ideas that were floating around, Pyramid Head was the one I wanted most. Also it was pretty hinted at with the shape of the 4.

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274
    edited May 2020
    Options

I think the fact that it caused so much heartbreak is why I love this reveal so much. In contrast, I honestly would have been disappointed if it was something we (by we I mean everyone but me) wanted. Assuming they don't nerf the Cages and how they affect hook perks, I think I'll play the crap out of Pyramid just to spite people. The only time I ever felt disappointed was with Demogorgon and Ghost Face, but that was before I watched Stranger Things or played Ghost Face. And now I love Ghost and like Stranger Things more than Demogorgon.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    Options

A bit disappointing. Would loved it if it was Resident Evil instead.

But hey , at least it's not one of those stupid things that so many people were saying it's gonna be. Thank ######### god.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

You would honestly be disappointed to see Jason arrive in this chapter?

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

Might have a harder time getting a license from RE considering they have a game that is a direct competitor to DBD.

Resistance.

• monster89
    monster89 Member Posts: 146
    Options

Yall need to give pyramid and silent hill some respect. If it wasn't for this franchise there may have never even been a DBD. And u heard it from the devs, SH was a game they grew up playing and loving. Possibly a big inspiration to creating this game.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

It is a classic character... just of horror games, not horror movies. They went with the original Silent Hill 2 version, after all.

• ShErMaDeRmA
    ShErMaDeRmA Member Posts: 338
    Options

This was a great chapter, but yeah, VERY overhyped, "Marked the world of horror since its inception""A very emotional chapter" I cant even remember the protagonists name in silent hill, and this is not really emotional, cool? Sure, but not emotional

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

I mean, I think the devs had their bias, my bet is many of them played silent hill as kids or teenagers and had that image of "iconic horror franchise" in their head

• the_legion_main
    the_legion_main Member Posts: 5
    Options

Pyramid head is awesome the games of silent hills where gorgeous

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    Options

Jason would be boring. He's just a big dude with a machete and some mommy issues.

Pyramid Head is the face of the silent hill franchise, one of the most loved games among horror game fans. I'm hyped for the new chapter.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    edited May 2020
    Options

That's a possibility. Doesn't make me any less disappointed though.

Hopefully Resistance will die asap and then maybe we will get RE in DbD lol.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Y'all love to complain don't you? You're just ungrateful, that's all.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    Options

The only thing I don’t like is that us console players have to wait 3 more weeks to get this content. I want it now!

• iwoDoge
    iwoDoge Member Posts: 20
    Options

No cry.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

So let me guess, candyman and alien sound better for you?

I love silent hill so I'm thankful for it

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

So, I was a bit salty that they put in Heather instead of James, but with the legendary outfits, I didn't even think about him just being an outfit.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    Options

People who didn't grow up with Silent Hill will never understand it's significance in the horror genre. But who cares, this is big homage to the Original Silent Hill games and the fans are gonna love it.

Like this girl here:

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 896
    Options

Because someone was going to be disappointed no matter who they picked, so why not just go with what they wanted to do. I don't recall Behaviour asking for opinions on who should be the next killer from the community and we have no idea if they approached other creators or producers for rights to use their creations in game. We have no idea what the creators of Pennywise, F13, Candyman, Hellraiser, or any half dozen horror movies/ games said about entering a contract with DBD. Has it ever occurred to anyone that not every creator wants their horror movie icon in a videogame or that the price they ask to enter this contract may be out of budget for Behavior. They may be still hashing out the details on contracts with more well known creators and it takes time to satisfy a client with build, design, music, and map. We simply have no clue of what it takes to bring these licensed characters to this game. It is Pyramid Head right now but 3 months from now there will be a new killer. We will have to wait and see.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    Options
  • Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    Options

Im not ungrateful tho? I actually will be buying this chapter.

Was just a bit sad when i saw pyramid man instead of jason or alien

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

I was talking about the people who were saying they were unhappy with the chapter mainly. It's fine to want certain characters more than others. But to say that you don't like the chapter is beyond ungrateful.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

There was only a few other iconic characters they could've gotten in my opinion. Jason and the Xenomorph are the only 2 that have multiple movies and have been around long enough to become iconic.

Pennywise had it's recent movies but other than that I don't think it is as big as people believe it is. Candyman and Pinhead I didn't know exist till I saw Paulie speculate on their chapters a few times (which is a shock since I watch a lot of horror movies).

Silent Hill is a massive video game franchise with two movies. Pyramid Head has been around for an extremely long time and a lot of people know him when they see him.

There was always going to be disappointment from the community once the killer was announced. At least 75% of the community was going to be disappointed by any choice.

The question isn't "Why Pyramid Head?". The question is actually "Who else would've united the community?".

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

u can stick with your nancy. We can have pyramid

• Corny_Boi
    Corny_Boi Member Posts: 15
    Options

You preferring something else doesnt mean that thing was a "better option". Silent Hill is a classic and a very influential series. Pyramid Head is an icon of horror, they deserve to be in DBD as much as any other character