The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Console players should stop complaining about crossplay.

NuKeD
NuKeD Member Posts: 227
edited May 2020 in General Discussions

What's the matter if you play against a PC player? first of all, i hope they don't implement a way to check in or check off which platforms to play with or this would ruin the whole concept of "crossplay".

Secondly, why just not adding something like Modern Warfare? like giving players from both PC and console a way to play with both controller or M&K. i don't know about console, but this option always worked on PC. you can use whatever you want to play in your platform and you still wanna opt-out for something we asked for years!!!

and i know about the low fps drops and optimizations problems, but stuff like that happens on PC as well sometimes.

Before judging or being edgy, try the crossplay, even with M&K from your console if you can, then you judge and opt-out eventually, but stop with the cockiness and rudeness.

Comments

• NuKeD

i've 1200 hours and in my 1500-2000 matches, i barely met 4-5 of them overall. people complaining about hackers on this game are just fools, they should go check CS hackers, then we'll talk again. Besides, i just told it should be ok if optimizations occur and they get to play with M&K as well like us, so what's the matter again?

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

What people tend to forget: it would be a toggleable feature like other games with Crossplay mechanic.

U don't want to play against pc players: fine, toggle it off. But don't bloat it off and prevent others who want this feature to get it. Many console players want to play with friends on pc

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

You are going to hear a lot of screeching from pc players when it goes live. PC survivor wait times are significantly shorter then consoles. Primarily due to the killer experience being more enjoyable on pc (fps, m+k).

XPlay is actually really really good for console survivors since it will lower the wait time

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I don't mind cross play but I still feel like you should have the option to turn it on or off. I don't mind facing pc killers or survivors but I definitely don't want to face a hacker which is the risk some console players are taking when being paired with pc players.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

In MW I play with crossplay off, and the experience is so much better. Crossplay is fine for survivors, because PC surv and console surv really dont play differently. But PC killer is a totally different experience.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I don't see the problem of going against PC players when the majority of killers are melee focused so that extra precision you get with a mouse doesn't matter.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,736

As a PC player I'm excited for Cross-play because it means I can play with my friends on PS4.

As a switch player too, I'm excited because it means I can play with people on PC while my sisters using my computer for schoolwork.

It's a win win for me.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

I hope crossplay will be something good, for everyone and will cut the wait times for both sides.

• AgitatedPenguin
    AgitatedPenguin Member Posts: 93

I would imagine the main complaint would be the fact that PC get the option of M&K which people are going to argue is unfair against controller. The main reason for this would be a controller killer would have a very hard time against PC survivors.

I think a fair compromise would be console getting a patch to enable to option to use M&K and the option to toggle Xplay.

It would definitely give actual top rank console players a better challenge I believe. Being a half decent survivor, I would probably have Xplay enabled against killers but I would turn it off for my killer games until i'm able to consistently hold red rank.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

The problem may gonna be that it will get worse for the console player when their community splits into crossplay and non crossplay faction with separate queues/lobbies. I don't think many of player (like myself) would mind.

And I think there has to be a difference between controller and mouse, but I don't know for sure since I only play with mouse in dbd.

It should be not in precision of hitting maybe but in Turn-Speed due to the controller being capped by max sensitivity and max tiltangle of the stick.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Ever heard of "cautious optimism"?

Yes, I want cross-play as an Xbox player, as I have friends on other platforms I want to play with. It would be nice to not have to buy every console or worry about who's using what.

I've also read on here that the PS4 community can be a bit toxic and of course the usual aim benefits and all that. And the issue of PC hackers, which would be a nightmare to go up against.

So, yeah. It isn't really "complaints" as it is voiced concerns.

• NuKeD

i'm answering to everyone complaining about hackers:

Now, i've never denied that there have been hackers on PC, but the only times it occured in my experience, it was in the free weekends, when people weren't afraid of getting banned and could create dozens of accounts to cheat, but for else, i play regulary dbd everyday and i barely meet a cheater, i mean, in 4 years, i barely met some of them. if u wanna talk about cheating, then you should check CSGO, there you can complain about PC hackers.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Its the cockadoodee auto aim, is that a thing on pc? Because it legit makes me want to throw something. Some survivors know how to juke just right to cheese it

• NuKeD

why should it be "console only"? i want to play with my friends on console and just because we use a different input or have "better optimizations" doesn't mean we don't get to play with other platforms

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,740

Like many others have stated here already, the primary concern with crossplay is the monsterous gap in fps and latency between consoles and a PC. The inconsistent frames and rubber-banding seem too much to overcome right now.

Crossplay between the consoles I'm good with, hopefully it'll decrease the wait times a bunch for both roles. But with a PC no way until the performance is much much closer.

Watching and attempting to play myself (cause I cannot play any game with a mouse) with a bud on their PC felt like another game three years from now. After explaining how the game has never been fully optimized (just baby steps in patches) and returning the favor by letting him play DBD on my Xbox, he kept repeating "No one should have ever played this game on anything but a decent computer".

Hackers don't really bother me either, but differences that I can only describe as "unfair advantages" certainly do.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

The problem is the optimizations, or lack there of, on console. Constant frame drops, hiccups during gameplay, input delay, and straight up crashing on console is an everyday thing. The advantage PC users would have on us is incredible.

Like I said though, if you read my post all the way, if they turn on crossplay between us and PC I would be okay with it as long as the game is running smoothly on ALL consoles first.

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

I'm on Switch and I LOVE the idea of expanding my reach to other platforms to see how good I really am. Looking forward to all the new character builds and strategies to run up against.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

You honestly have to play the game on console to understand. You're lucky if you achieve 30 fps most times it is much lower than that. If someone were to come into my house while I was playing DBD on my ps4 pro they would think I broke out my ps2.

• xBEATDOWNSx

I'm saying. Just last night I was playing and when Freddy slapped me, I swear I was in single digits for a solid 15 seconds

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

Yeah, and I really don't believe the devs just don't know how to optimize console, and todays systems are more than capable of running a game like this perfectly. I think it's been a lack of interest due to numbers we are not privy to. Hopefully this crossplay will be what gets them to actually make the game run as it should on consoles.

• xBEATDOWNSx

Honestly I hope so. I want this game to succeed on all systems but I also understand it's hard to introduce it to some of my friends who may be interested when it runs incredibly poorly at times.

• Hex_Stalk
    Hex_Stalk Member Posts: 488

Agreed. What we really need to complain about is how the graphical update will effect the horrendous lag spikes on console.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Oh man, imagine thinking this game was so serious youte worried about "stretch resolution advantages".

People take this game way too seriously. It's not competetive. Dont be afraid that you'll start facing people who are actually good at the game.

• djsponge10
    djsponge10 Member Posts: 349

How about you try playing dbd at 30 FPS and drips to 15 after playing 2 games?

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

Watch me 😎

I think some PC players need a little help with their ego. Yeah there’s a chance that PC players will have probably a better advantage.

However, I still think the game will be enjoyable. Not all PC players are that great. On top of that as a Console player, I would love to go against these PC huntress or nurse. It’s a fun challenge.

This PC vs Console players is outrageous. There’s a reason why some of us decide to play on the platform that we have.

• djsponge10

Lmao I’ve got about 1000 on pc and I’d guess 3-4 on console. And I have seen easily 20 hackers probably more like 25. It’s never fun. That’s not my concern though. Console has a way friendlier player base which is why I play on that. But you have no clue playing on less than 30 FPS constantly feels like. Why don’t you play at least half of your hours on console and see why you should be able to turn off pc crossplay. All in for Xbox ps4 and switch. But it is easily unfair to play against pc players it’s not fun and a waste of time (on console)

• djsponge10

Lmao I’ve got about 1000 on pc and I’d guess 3-4 on console. And I have seen easily 20 hackers probably more like 25. It’s never fun. That’s not my concern though. Console has a way friendlier player base which is why I play on that. But you have no clue playing on less than 30 FPS constantly feels like. Why don’t you play at least half of your hours on console and see why you should be able to turn off pc crossplay. All in for Xbox ps4 and switch. But it is easily unfair to play against pc players it’s not fun and a waste of time (on console)

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Disabled.

Don't want to play with anyone outside of my console.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

People keep saying "frame rate doesn't affect survivors" no... it sure as hell does.

Sloppy Butcher by itself is a HUGE problem on Xbox. You get hit, get a massive frame drop for about 1-2 seconds, and find yourself running into a wall. Pretty much a free down the first time you get hit (as it doesn't seem to do this after the notification pops up).

Everything about Doc causes massive frame drops. Skill checks sometimes don't even appear, you just hear the sound effect and fail it automatically because of the frame drops.

Every notification causes frame drops.

Opening a chest causes frame drops, to the point that if you open one while someone is in stage 2 there is a high probability the frame drops will kill them.

Frame rates are indeed an issues for survivors, and PC killers WILL have an advantage over console survivors due to frame rates.

• NuKeD

look, i can understand the FPS drop thing and the optimization problems, maybe i don't know how it feels like on console, but don't expect it to be extremely perfect on PC, i get my lag spikes too sometimes.

i'm assuming they are gonna fix optimization issues on console if they announced crossplay right in this year, i'm not saying you should keep your expecations high, but let's hope they decided to introduce crossplay as a precondition to the optimization fix.

• NuKeD

i'd like to think they know what they're doing if they chose to introduce crossplay.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

I play both sides on Xbox and yes, your points are right.

That's why their goal should still be 60fps for BOTH sides before forcing us to go against PC players.

But low fps still affects killers more as they are playing in 1rd person, esp. vs. good zig zag survs.

• DwightSupremacy
    DwightSupremacy Member Posts: 6

can’t wait to bully some console players on my pc! Hehehe

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819

I’ve managed to run into a hacking nurse on console one day - joy oh joy lol

• NuKeD
    edited May 2020

that was when they were testing the crossplay and people could use hacks to force their way in console servers.

if you wanna know the silver lining, they all got banned the day after, so take a breath and relax, even if people cheats, this ain't VAC, easy anticheat works better and after 24h, they go to hell, where they belong. (unless they are so keen on wasting money rebuying the game to make devs richer lol)

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399

I'm really excited for crossplay! I've heard so much about how Nurse is a God-Tier killer, and I NEED TO SEE IT. PS4 Nurses are... honestly I just feel bad for all the ones I've faced because I've never faced a Nurse higher than like rank 17 on PS4. Also just in general expanding the player base that way should help in terms of queues and matchmaking.

• StutteringSpartan
    StutteringSpartan Member Posts: 254

Pc players can optimise loops really well, keyboard gives you way more control

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

This is basically my only issue with crossplay at the moment.