Why do people play killer?

2»

Comments

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited May 2020

I play killer because I enjoy competitive PVP. Survivor is fun, and I love running the killer around but its not quite the same as playing killer. I can literally mindlessly eat pizza while playing survivor, I play hag and it requires more strategy and I enjoy the PVP of this game of having 4 v 1. When I play survivor, you have a team, killer it is you, you make a mistake you are to blame.

thats me though

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Oh my god, people self care against a BLOODY LEGION it legit gave me so much rage lol, that I told my next team specifically NOT TO. Also, why do people cleanse against Plague? Just take the downs when she uses her free one and don't cleanse after lol. Otherwise she becomes an OP and completely unloopable. I end up paying for their errors too.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

Even though it's far more frustrating than survivor, it's also much more interesting.

That and I don't have to rely on a team to do things.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

I play both Killer and Survivor equally. Not only that, but I rank up in the bloodweb only if I achieve certain things. So, currently I am a rank 11 Killer with 2 perk slots.

The matchmaking does seem to pair me up with higher ranks, but I've had decent success. My last round was a 2K against red rank SWF (decent guys, actually!) As The Wraith (no add-ons, Perks Bloodhound and Deerstalker) it was tough, but so rewarding! It's those moments that make me continue to play Killer.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,363

I play killer because I'm good at it. I can swap from 1 killer to the next each match to give myself some variety, or just swap addons/builds on a killer to drastically change gameplay.

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

Yes! Cleansing on plague is the dumbest idea ever! I think people freak out that they're basically No Mither'd and assume that an insta down is better than being able to take two hits but...that isn't the case. Lol And don't even get me started on those that heal without a medkit or Inner Strength against a Legion lol

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594

If you ever want to see just how interesting certain survivors can be. Slap on sloppy, nurse calling, two other perks of your choice. Than play as a sneaky killer. You will get to see all sorts of fun things, like the same survivor running over to the same corner each and every time, to self care under the effects of sloppy.

That and yeah solo survivor which i do all the time, yeah it can sometimes be interesting or match making screws up and you find out. OH yeah, all of your team mates are rank 20, no wonder they were acting odd as heck. That or the killer is rank 20, no wonder this was a super easy game. That and oh hey playing killer, at least i can get more than 5k blood points, if everyone starts killing themselves on hook or just giving up five seconds into the match. Even if the game goes poorly for me.

Yeah sometimes it fun to switch it up. Which due to killers working in different ways. Well hehe. Nothing like playing trapper every once in awhile and than watching everything come together as you begin to snow ball as survivor after survivor falls into your trap and you have fast recovery time, thanks to save the best for last.

• Poweas

Ugh, had a team do that once and in the ######### corner, I died first, because I was the only one he could find cause I was the only one doing gens. I basically got tunnelled. That was a trashy game.

• Poweas

Used to run those and M and A on Myers, was very strong.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Because sometimes we all need to go a lil mad. Playing killer will make a sane man go insane, and an insane man go sane.

• Ghostwithaface

Myers always a fun killer to play. Which does remind me of the time i seen survivors being totally unaware i'm right bloody next to them. Healing up, totally unaware i was standing a few metre away from them. Only for their brains to kick in and go oh no and start to panic. One of the funniest moments i have ever had in game.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Some times I'm in the mood for a hunt.

Killer can be a far more rewarding experience than Survivor, but the problem for me is that it's too much of a tonal shift between games. One game I'll absolutely dominate against a combination of Reds and Purples, as a Green ranked killer, then go to be slaughtered by a group of Greens. It's that simple.

• Poweas
    edited May 2020

Lol, he used to be so dominant on Ironworks of misery (back when the infinite was there) I'd literally sneak up to them healing behind the window with M&A, see them healing using a Nurses Calling, and use good ol' STBFL to down them after I vault and block it cause of Bamboozle. Lol, they were so mad.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,363

That was my Myers game last night. The survivor team was feeling SUPER confident til that T3 popped with infectious fright and the game came to a sudden end, lol.

• a_good_player
    a_good_player Member Posts: 194

for me its the opposite. i enjoy much less playing killer now because its too easy. i just get lobbies of potatoes and its not even challenging anymore. i really really like hard matches when i play killer. you know, those matches when 1 minor mistake can cost you the match. they are very rare nowadays

• Ghostwithaface

Reminds me of a match i had as Myers once. Got a tier three during end game. Stab two survivors. Hook them and while all of this was happening. the other two remaining survivors, were scary so much out of their minds, they escape asap, leaving their team mates behind.

That and one ghostface game i had, where i ended up 99% two survivors during late game. Ran into them again later, they when down like flies. One by one. The last survivor left alive, they fled for their lives and escaped asap. A great last minute come back is always fun.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

stress playing survivor? What do you mean? I'm so chill playing survivor even versus red ranks killers. I just have to hold m1 and sometimes press space while i'm on a generator, it's pretty boring ngl. Chases? they are too easy imo, find a pallet, run in circles for a few seconds, drop pallet and run to another one.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Might not answer your question but I come from dark souls pvp (invasions and tourneys) I loved killing ganks when it seems unwinnable and win by a mistake it just feels great, same as in dbd, a perk coming in clutch like Stbfl on any M1 killer it just feels satisfying

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,313

Because it's fun and I've always bounced back and forth between killer and survivor.

• Rizora18
    Rizora18 Member Posts: 15

Just get better bro. BVHR is actually putting challenges out that are really easy. I get almost all my challenges done in one round. Even that Dwight one. The devs them selves are terrible at their game so why would they make impossible challenges? Play and learn.

• GetDedicated
    GetDedicated Member Posts: 64

Great argument, "JuSt GeT bEtTeR bRo" Dude you didn't understand anything. Huntress' hatchets hixbox it's broken with ded servers, sometimes hatchets hits you when it shouldn't and it doesn't hits you when it should. I doubt that devs knows what they're doing. They never fix a ######### (Ded servers, Myers' stalking broken, grabbing animation it's bugged). And probably they'll never fix Huntress. So boring to play as and against that stupid killer.

• Sir_Child1234
    Sir_Child1234 Member Posts: 217

killer is fun if you are not in for a challange then don't but killer is not bad if you want to learn a thing or to watch otzdarva he is one of the best killer mains in the game on (pc) the new systeem boost player that are new to the game you only can only go back 4 ranks for example if i am rank 8 then there is a rank reset then you get rank 9 only one rank most high tier players play in a SWF in a SWF people team up in a group of 2 3 or 4 people so some people play like their still rank 15 but are red ranks if you see that it is a good player ignore them and try to find other survivors you can play the game how you want so you can tunnel slug camp or do other things that give you an advantage do anything to win but NO CHEATING and the most important thing of all is to have fun!

• Sir_Child1234
    Sir_Child1234 Member Posts: 217

if you want to stay at a lower rank to win games by new players then do that but you don't learn anything you can do this if you get dicked by survivors

• Dwigtht
    Dwigtht Member Posts: 462

This is a tough  times for the killers, I agree.

When I play killer, first of all, I don't expect to win, like "brutal killer" is a win for me. I know I am gonna be matched to experienced survs, so I am

using the strongest killers I can play with their strongest perks and addons. For me this would be Billy and Plague. I'd rather play Legion and Ghost face which I purchased recently, but I won't be able to get as much BP as with Billy or Plague.

Some matches are crazy. You could be matched with survs who knows by heart how to loop tiles, know where each pallet and window is on the map, cleanse your totems in the beginning and do a lot of annoying stuff.

Well, I've got used to this. I play for BP.

And.. with this broken matchmaking system now, not every red rank is like an experienced player. I am Rank 4 and I am a potato. I don't know how loop longer than 20 seconds and mostly rely on Sprint Burst to escape. And as a killer, I was matched to those kind of potatoes quite often. Like they play like rank 14 and... surprise! red ranks!

Rank does not mean anything for killers. BP and Devotion are important.

Rank is something which tells matchmaking system how to better match players, like red ranks to red ranks, greens to greens. But if I am often matched to red rank survs, it does not matter what my current rank is and I don't care about that number.

And yes, why I play killer: it is fun. All survivors are same and all killers are different. With BBQ and in average game I can easily get 40-50K BP per match.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

Masochism.

Jokes aside, I find it more fun than survivor. Survivor to me is brainless holding M1 and running in circles against most killers. When I do play survivor I'm hoping for a Freddy, Spirit, Oni, Demo, or Deathslinger, anything other than M1 killers cause I actually have to think against those killers. Of course survivor isn't as mindless as I'm making out to seem, but it just isn't my cuppa tea. Survivor isn't as satisfying to me as getting some crazy far shots on Huntress and Deathslinger, or scaring the hell out of survivors as Wraith and Ghostface. Killer is just more fun to me, maybe in some masochistic kinda way.

• goldenchild74
    goldenchild74 Member Posts: 47

I play killer because its fun. Sure i got bullied alot but once you put in your experience in it will be easier. You just have to find the killer that suits you. I play billy. It was tough trying to get where i am now but you just got to grind mate it takes alot of hours. Plus you are holding yourself back as a survivor by not playing killer tbh.