Dead By Daylight: The Movie!

Should there be a Dead By Daylight movie staring the original 4 Survivors and original 3 Killers?

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Should there be a Dead By Daylight movie staring the original 4 Survivors and original 3 Killers?

Cool and you accidentally made a duplicate! :)
  • Mechamutourmon1
    Mechamutourmon1 Member Posts: 30

Ok.

• AmorePrincess
    AmorePrincess Member Posts: 220
    I would love that :)
  • Mechamutourmon1
    Mechamutourmon1 Member Posts: 30

@CoolAKn said:
    I don't really think a movie would be good, but a 5-10 minute short for each character's backstory would be cool. This would probably not apply to licensed characters due to copyright. Something akin to the Spirit's teaser trailer. Perhaps make it a reward for reaching Prestige III-50 on a character to unlock their backstory video.

Or maybe each character would get an 11:30 long animated chapter on a direct to Blue Ray movie?

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@Mechamutourmon1 said:

@CoolAKn said:
    I don't really think a movie would be good, but a 5-10 minute short for each character's backstory would be cool. This would probably not apply to licensed characters due to copyright. Something akin to the Spirit's teaser trailer. Perhaps make it a reward for reaching Prestige III-50 on a character to unlock their backstory video.

Or maybe each character would get an 11:30 long animated chapter on a direct to Blue Ray movie?

I suppose...

Having a 5-10 minute short would be more than enough for me.

• AmorePrincess
    CoolAKn said:

And those of us who have reached p3-50 on all characters? 
    I like the idea of that, but some of us, like me :) have already reached that goal. How would they make it so that clip can be seen by us? 
    Because my guess is that the clip would start as soon as you get that notification that you have reached lvl 50 for the last time.
    There would have to be a library of some sort then, I guess.
    Still a very cool idea.
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@AmorePrincess said:
    CoolAKn said:

And those of us who have reached p3-50 on all characters? 
    I like the idea of that, but some of us, like me :) have already reached that goal. How would they make it so that clip can be seen by us? 
    Because my guess is that the clip would start as soon as you get that notification that you have reached lvl 50 for the last time.
    There would have to be a library of some sort then, I guess.
    Still a very cool idea.

If you are already P3-50 on those characters, you would have automatic access to it. I do like the idea of a library, and maybe just have a whole lore section of the game.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Would the movie be someone running around pallets of wood and tbagging the killer for 5minutes?

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

That would be amazing!

It could be a situation where all four are brought to three battles, one with each killer. Meg can die in the first against the trapper after being caught in a bear trap. When the survivors make it out and see Meg isn't at camp they worry, but she's right there again in the second battle. Claudette dies in the second battle against the wraith, healing others before herself and leaving a blood trail. In the third battle, the hillbilly gets both Jake and Dwight, but Claudette finds a key and gets Meg and her to escape.

The end presents Claudette and Meg waking up by the light of the campfire, only to realize they are by a burning barrel at the asylum, and you see the nurse teleport into view in the background. Min is working on a generator nearby while Nea quietly climbs over a window and shushes them.

The sequel would have Jake and Dwight paired with David and Kate going against the huntress. Kate and Dwight get out, David takes a hook for Jake who ends up being the last in the match and manages to dismantle all the hooks before being Mori'd. And return to Nea, Meg, Claudette and Min vs the nurse. All four survive the nurse but not before each one getting hooked.

Then Kate, Jake, Meg and Claudette vs the Clown, while Dwight, Nea, Min and David vs the Doctor.

Final Battle is Ace, Nea, Jake and Min vs the Hag. for movie

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    CoolAKn said:

I like the idea, but I think unlocking it in any matter just seems silly as people will post the videos online anyway so it's not like it will be kept secret.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    I don't think a movie about a bullied killer would be a good idea.
  • AmorePrincess
    edited September 2018
    Tsulan said:
    I dont think they would make it based on the gameplay :)

Maybe more of the concept of the game, that people get taken by a dark entity and have to survive a set of brutal killers. And ofc, repairing generators isnt the whole movie concept, but more a survive the trials to be free again. Just you know, the idea and story  of the game, and not so much how the game is played.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I offered to play the Wraith due to my height back when the devs spoke of this.

• AmorePrincess
    CoolAKn said:

If you are already P3-50 on those characters, you would have automatic access to it. I do like the idea of a library, and maybe just have a whole lore section of the game.

Yes! A lore section. That would be great.
  • Orion

@AmorePrincess said:

Like the wiki?

• Tsulan

@Orion said:

What is your height?

• Tsulan

@AmorePrincess said:
    Tsulan said:

Maybe more of the concept of the game, that people get taken by a dark entity and have to survive a set of brutal killers. And ofc, repairing generators isnt the whole movie concept, but more a survive the trials to be free again. Just you know, the idea and story  of the game, and not so much how the game is played.

So just like the intro that has nothing to do with how the game actually plays.
    Ok then...

• Orion

@Tsulan said:

@Orion said:

What is your height?

196 cm.

• Plippy
    Plippy Member Posts: 187

We should go full '90s with it: "The Erotic Fog Travels of Dwight Fairfield"

Add some saxaphone music and you've got a late night TV winner.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

@CoolAKn said:

Yes YES Y E S

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

Come on, even Blizzard, who rich as hell do animated shorts, like, for half of year. Its long process, which requires much money, resources and well-skilled animators. Too hard for Behaviour, not to mention, they still have roadmap for year.

• AmorePrincess
    edited September 2018
    Tsulan said:

@AmorePrincess said:
    Tsulan said:

So just like the intro that has nothing to do with how the game actually plays.
    Ok then...

Well, this isnt the first game who makes videos that has nothing to do with the actual gameplay, that happens with most games, so that shouldnt be an issue.
    And a few years back they made a movie based on battleship, that didnt mean we had to sit and watch different colored plastic things fall down from the sky on a blue screen to guess where the ships where placed. 
    This would therefor not be the first game to make a movie "based on" the game. Nothing strange about it.
  • AmorePrincess
    Orion said:

@AmorePrincess said:

Like the wiki?

Based on the talk we had, if they made little short movies about the characters, that could be unlocked, and for us who have played for some time and probably met the requirements to unlock it, then yes, a library to collect that and the lore would be a good thing. Its not needed now, as the lore is on the wiki, but we were talking about something else, thats not even in the game. So it was an answer based on that discussion.
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    The question is... would there be only 4 survivors and 1 killer during the trial, or would every survivor face 1 killer?
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited September 2018
    I’d love one, especially if it included more than just the original characters. I would like to see parts of it filmed in IMAX 3D. It would be really cool to see a Survivor step into a bear trap and then look up to see the Trapper grab them (this would be from the Survivor’s POV). Billy could swing his chainsaw and it could come out of the screen, along with the Survivor’s blood. Grabs could also look better in 3D from either side’s POV. 
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Let's all audition for a part, I'll be Dwight if I'm a survivor or clown if I'm killer
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Sounds interesting and definitely cool and guy's if people can work I out with the devs bhvr could set up a go fund ne account we the players chip in to it for stuff we want that is not part of gameplay so they can hire people heck id love to see a live action of the film the emotions the pain and some more cooler kills like the huntress beheading somone with a hatchet throw