The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Tips

dociscool
dociscool Member Posts: 18

Can you good people give me some advice for killer

Comments

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited May 2020

Welcome to the forums! It would help to know who you're playing and what you're having trouble with. But here's some general advice:

• Patrol generators, because that is where survivors want to be.
    • Don't be afraid to break off of chases if they are taking too long. You don't want to waste your time on one survivor while the rest of the team pops gens.
    • Don't let players tilt you with nonsense like teabagging and flashlight clicking. Ignore it, because they're trying to make you angry and force you into making mistakes.
    • Try to unlock Barbecue & Chili (from Cannibal) to juice your BP accrual rate. Other powerful general perks are Pop Goes the Weasel (Clown), Corrupt Intervention (Plague), A Nurse's Calling (Nurse), and Save the Best for Last (Shape).
    • Use sound to your advantage, and pay attention to scratch marks. These are your main tracking tools.
    • Whispers (common perk) is also GREAT for finding survivors, but only at rank 3.
  • Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594

Well here is a good solid guide, if you need help on dealing with certain loops or tiles in game and how to run them as a killer.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

I assume you already know the basic; hiding your red stain.

I also assume you know the difference between safe pallets and unsafe pallets, which pallet you need to break and which pallets you don't need to break in order to put someone in the dying state.

A basic advice that I think is valid for every killer; if a survivor doesn't give you a free hit before wasting a pallet, break the pallet and then go chase someone else; if you manage to get a hit, but don't get a survivor downed after two pallet drops, break the pallet and go chase someone else. You just want to commit if you see them running to a dead zone or going to an unsafe pallet.

Another advice is trying to focus on getting 9 hooks instead of 12, which means focusing on sacrificing two survivors first, while injuring the other two or making them waste pallets, however you might want to commit to a chase if you see the other two running to a dead zone or to an unsafe pallet.

Also, try using map offerings to avoid survivor sided maps if you are still learning how to play. Maps you'd want to avoid are Ormond and Haddonfield. Best maps  to learn how to run tiles are Mcmillan State maps and Yamaoka maps in my opinion.

And in some situations you might want to let the survivors finish a gen that is too far away from the others to make your patrol route smaller, sometimes it's not worth to defend a gen that is too far away.

Each killer is different, so might have to change your playstyle with some of them, but I think this tips can work with most of them.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

@Ghostwithaface Scott Jund's stuff is great, but this is a really advanced guide for someone who I assume is just starting out.

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594

True, they might not need it right away. Since some survivors will just run forward and hold w and drop pallets as soon as they get to one. Yet with how lovely the matchmaking can be at times. Well might still be useful to have on hand, in case they run into any loops that give them trouble.

• dociscool
    dociscool Member Posts: 18

Thanks you guys this will help tremendously