The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I need a break from Mobile DBD

Thasard
Thasard Member Posts: 268

I've played DBD on PS4 for about 2 years, I think, and I downloaded mobile, because why not. But man...the killers on DBD Mobile are some of the most pathetic babies I've ever met. The number of camping killers far out number those on PS4, and I've gotten to Rank 6 Survivor on Mobile (though I really don't know how much rank means on mobile especially). The killers on mobile get so butt hurt when you run them around.

Two games ago I ran a Spirit for 3 gens, and while she didn't face camp, she did hurry back over to knock me once I did get unhooked.

Then the last game was just so ridiculous. The Hillbilly was having trouble catching me, insert multiple pallet stuns and getting away unscathed. Then he finally caught up to me because I mucked up, and then he proceeded to camp me and continuously hit me until I finally 'bled out' on first hook.

I'm not saying every version needs this, but mobile needs a hook pause if the killer is X meters away because holy crap, the camp is strong in these killers.

Comments

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706

Reminds me the early days of DbD, dying on the first hook was very common.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

Is a free game any kid can find in the play store while looking for games

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Weird. The only DbD mobile I can find is the cheap knockoff called "Dead Before Daylight".

They are not even trying to hide the fact that it's a rip-off of DbD. It's so blatant and all the reviews are just complaining about how the game crashes and terrible frame rates.

Honestly, if the dev teams don't know about it, then you might want to look into it @Peanits. It is a free game, but I don't know what kind of monetisation they have.

• just_a_noob
    just_a_noob Member Posts: 247

i agree. i've managed to get to red ranks but i couldn't get over how many camping killers there were on mobile but i just assumed it was because playing killer is hard (in my opinion because i'm not use to it) and people can't be bothered to take the time to learn how to play killer, learn the mechanics etc... they just want easy kills.

i have also found that the survivors on mobile aren't much better. the amount of times that the rest of my team will just leave me on hook (even when the killer isn't camping)...a lot of surivors just don't work as a team on mobile. don't get me wrong, there are some survivors and killers that are good on mobile and won't camp/tunnel or survivors helping the team etc.. but there are heaps that aren't.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited April 2020

Can't imagine the controls would be any good.

From the very few First Person mobile games I have played. I don't know how anyone could handle, or think it's even close to being considered decent as far as control go.

Now this... This would be unbalanced in cross-play :P

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

Killers/Survivors that have DBD on PC or console, but play DBD Mobile using Bluestacks

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

I think Dead Before Daylight is too big for this collab sadly.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I don't like the mobile version either, the steering it's so terrible and the skill check system is annoying.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

The controls are meh. Hitting people is super hit and miss (no pun intended). You cant change sensitivity, and the auto aim is ass. It needs some QoL

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

The controls are meh. Hitting people is super hit and miss (no pun intended). You cant change sensitivity, and the auto aim is ass. It needs some QoL

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268

Not in it's current state. It's been a loooong time since I've been camped and hit continuously on the hook until I died.

I went back to PS4 and was like, wow the skill checks are so much easier on console. The ticker moves slower on PS4 than on mobile.

• GraveHunter
    GraveHunter Member Posts: 328
  • ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Its not just mobile. This is standard on PC EU. Well hitting on hook they’ll only do if you run them for multiple gens but Spirits phasing back to hook to tunnel well thats the strategy of 99.9% of Spirit players right there.

• FFabeq
    FFabeq Member Posts: 530
    edited April 2020

I never do that, and im spirit main, guess im the 0.01%?

• CaptainRaider
    CaptainRaider Member Posts: 151

I really think dbd mobile’s controls need a tuneup. The game looks great, but it is majorly lacking in some of the current ways to bring control to mobile. For example, not having the movement stick detect your left thumb everywhere on the left side of the screen, being unable to customize where the buttons are, and most importantly not being to aim with the killer’s lunge/attack button.

Would love to make a post about this, but I don’t know where it should go.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,189

They should just add a left and right slider to killer's lunge button to control the camera. Problem fixed :)

• Fiv55
    Fiv55 Member Posts: 350

Yep its awful. I've played quite a lot on mobile as well, but dying on 1st hook is pretty common. I'm currently running kindred + saboteur, in case of a camping killer I can just force gens and do some hooks/totems (for boldness, since the killer is just going to camp).

Also those "dailies" "weeklies" etc are aweful. For killer to open the door 4 times or mori survivor. Survivor quests: unhook like 4-8 people. Opening the door as killer is basicly saying "I give up" and I even had to wait until they did all the gens to actually open the door. Getting unhooks/heals with camping killers is basicly just farming your mates at this point.

Also I noticed that there are quite a few people playing with a controller or being gods at the movement. One doc was walking, turning around and shocking at the same time (just like a PC doc) seemed pretty weird to me. But dunno, maybe he was just a very good killer / experienced with the movement.

Is there a way to not get sandbagged by mates when they heal you? Seems like I cant cancel their heal, they keep on healing me even if the killer runs straight at us. Tried to move / tap everything on the screen, didnt work.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

COD zombies really surprised me back in the day for how decent the controls felt. Even the game seemed to run very smoothly.

I honestly dislike most mobile games though, so my experience is also limited.

• CaptainRaider
    CaptainRaider Member Posts: 151

I think if you sprint you can cancel heal but there’s another problem of only being able to sprint as survivor in the direction of your camera, unless you use that slider in the top right (but that’s extremely awkward to utilize IMO).

Also to reiterate to all the replies I’ve gotten, I’ve seen sone AMAZING mobile controls. The best being COD mobile, which the controls felt almost no different from the real thing minus using shotguns. Was able to drop a Nuke with a sniper, so I would say it’s pretty good if I can do that.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

I tried in two emulators, including blue stacks, and it doesn't work

• Fiv55
    Fiv55 Member Posts: 350

Yeah I tried sprinting, but for some reason it doesnt work. Got if off yesterday at least one time. Guess its some sort of bug or maybe latency thing?

Also: some wraiths do not have a cloak sound, huntress hatchet windup or spirit phasing sound etc. Checked their addons after the game (for wraith/spirit, I know prayer beads do not surpress the sound anymore, but wasnt sure if thats on mobile as well).

bc there is no x64 openGL 3.1 (API 21+) android emulator yet. You can install the game on these emulators (make sure you started the x64 vm on Bluestacks) but the game wont load.

You can probably pull it off by using the android studio with a vm for testing purposes, but I dont see a reason to use my pc to run a mobile game that runs fine on my pc :D

• Uindangergurl
    Uindangergurl Member Posts: 9

Definitely have had similar experience. Although survivors are just as frustrating as the killers. I leveled bill first just because after three games I realized 80 percent of killers do not leave the hook. Survivors don’t try unhook which is understandable but they also don’t unhook in the least at starter ranks...and survivors 75 percent of the time go into second phase because of attempting to get off.

due to the expecting camping, survivors play more selfishly and it has a serious effect on the entertainment value of the mobile game.

one thing that would fix it is I think many players are Not getting the feedback. Why change? If no feedback, why is there no conversation text box after the game so you can inquire about some of the behaviors? So spine chill it and crouch all over the map and only do gens while players are on hook. There have been some survivors That do Attempt teamwork, more at higher rank and it was really quite fun on par with desktop.