Rancor or NOED?

So the spirit has a obsession perk I find to be a better version of NOED. Am I wrong about that.

NOED is a hex which means the exposed status effect, the recover boost and speed boost can be disabled. Where...

Rancor can't disable the exposed status, but no recover or speed boost. On top you see the survivors for a few seconds every time they finish a gen. with the trade off you see them for 5/4/3. when all the gens are done you can Mori your obsession though.

Personally I'm not a great player but I'd say Rancor beats NOED. 

Comments

• fGringo
    fGringo Member Posts: 37

yeah, especially when you kill the obsession before the last gen pops, that's surely a nice strategy -w-

• FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190
    So the spirit has a obsession perk I find to be a better version of NOED. Am I wrong about that.

NOED is a hex which means the exposed status effect, the recover boost and speed boost can be disabled. Where...

Rancor can't disable the exposed status, but no recover or speed boost. On top you see the survivors for a few seconds every time they finish a gen. with the trade off you see them for 5/4/3. when all the gens are done you can Mori your obsession though.

NOED is the best perk you can have in my opinion 
  • BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220
    edited September 2018

@FinLadd said:
    SteveyHooves said:

Nope. Rancor makes the game a 1v3 from the srart because you can just ignore the obsession, tunnel the other 3 down, and finish them at your leisure.

NOED just lets you clean up at the end of a game or come back from a bad game (if the totems don't get cleansed before or after, and you can find and catch someone before the gates open).

Both have their place, neither is superior to the other, but I give Rancor the edge because it has benefits for the entire match rather than just the endgame and it can't be taken away before it ever even activates. And honestly, you could just run both and nearly guarantee yourself a few kills.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Rancor seems better because it just gives you another reason to ignore the obsession while noed can be destroyed. Uou could always run both though :p 
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I would think NOED is much stronger.

You can put in a lot of damage with NOED.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Mister_Holdout said:

NOED can also be disabled before it triggers.

• SteveyHooves
    SteveyHooves Member Posts: 246

@FinLadd said:
    SteveyHooves said:

Nope. Rancor makes the game a 1v3 from the srart because you can just ignore the obsession, tunnel the other 3 down, and finish them at your leisure.

NOED just lets you clean up at the end of a game or come back from a bad game (if the totems don't get cleansed before or after, and you can find and catch someone before the gates open).

Both have their place, neither is superior to the other, but I give Rancor the edge because it has benefits for the entire match rather than just the endgame and it can't be taken away before it ever even activates. And honestly, you could just run both and nearly guarantee yourself a few kills.

Is the obsession basicly the totem in this situation... 
  • xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

I’m excited for a Make a you Choice, Rancor, NOED and Hex: Haunted Ground build. ^_^

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Orion said:

@Mister_Holdout said:

If it doesn't trigger, then it means you lengthened the match, giving you more time to chase Survivors.

And Rancor only shows you the Obsession's location for 3 seconds. Knowing the killer has that perk, you could juke the killer out until the time the exit gates/hatch opens.
  • SteveyHooves
    PigNRun said:
    Orion said:

@Mister_Holdout said:

If it doesn't trigger, then it means you lengthened the match, giving you more time to chase Survivors.

And Rancor only shows you the Obsession's location for 3 seconds. Knowing the killer has that perk, you could juke the killer out until the time the exit gates/hatch opens.
    Fair enough I must be remembering it wrong. Well a little. 
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    NOED is strong but still a hex. Until the hex totems get a better rework I think rancor will be my pick.
  • SteveyHooves
    NOED is strong but still a hex. Until the hex totems get a better rework I think rancor will be my pick.
    That's pretty much point... as long as Rancor cant be countered besides by juking... it really looks like the best one.

NOED... spawned by a hex totem... checking all the places where totems spawn before the last ten. Hex totem next to a gen. Popped it let's escape! 
  • FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190
    @Orion that is why i hate totems... Cuz totems are garbage 
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Hellbilly said:

Go with both. Use Rancor as your tracking perk. It's better than Bitter Murmur because it tells you where EVERYONE is. And it's easily better than BBQ if you're not using Billy/Nurse.

No, Rancor tells you where everyone was. Bitter Murmur tells you where those who completed the generator are and are heading to. If anything, Rancor is a lesser version of Bitter Murmur.
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited September 2018

Rancor:
    (+) Is like Bitter Murmur without the aura reading
    (+) Can instantly down and mori the obsession.
    (+) Good when paired with Remember Me and Save the Best for Last.
    (+) Can get you an easy kill at the end of the game.
    (-) Obsession will know you have it.
    (-) Bitter Murmur is better. (Unless with Spirit)
    (-) Only works on one survivor.
    (-) The obsession might be dead before you can use it fully.

No One Escapes Death:
    (+) Can instantly down the entire survivor team in seconds.
    (+) Punishes gen-rushing.
    (+) Can be useful to get at least one kill or securing it.
    (-) Is a hex, therefore can be easily found and destroyed.
    (-) Can be negated by cleansing all the totems before the gates are powered
    (-) Is a dead perk before the gates are powered.

Post edited by Mc_Harty on
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited September 2018

I think the real strenght of Rancor is its synergy with most obsession perks, so that you can ignore the obsession the whole match to get the benefit from those perks and still be able too kill them easily at the end.

• SteveyHooves

I’m excited for a Make a you Choice, Rancor, NOED and Hex: Haunted Ground build. ^_^

ever since I've seen this I can't help but try this... but first I need to level the Pig and Spirit... thanks
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Rancor is for one person, also, if they see you in return harder to get off. Also, it doesn't show auras like bitter murmor, it shows where they were when gen popped for 3 seconds, it isn't a live feed like murmor or bbq
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    The aura reveal for rancor is like someone screaming from madness, stationary