The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer leaves...I get punished?

Why are survivors still being punished with a de-pip when the killer decides to leave the match or disconnect? Come on, this seems like something that should have been addressed a long time ago.

Comments

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    You don't depip when the killer leaves.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Cetren said:

Are you sure about that since the system shows you left as well and if it's at game start the other survivors probably get flagged as leaving also. I don't think I've ever noticed a quitter bonus survivor side but do get one killer side.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    powerbats said:

@Cetren said:

Are you sure about that since the system shows you left as well and if it's at game start the other survivors probably get flagged as leaving also. I don't think I've ever noticed a quitter bonus survivor side but do get one killer side.

Yep, I'm sure. Although you usually don't reach the part of the bar that's a safe pip, you can clearly see where it says 'rank progress: 0', meaning your rank doesn't change. The killer quitter bonus was added back when points determined pips, so the quitter bonus was used to make up the difference so you could actually get your points towards popping when they quit. Survivors should get the 5k escape points for their quitter bonus actually well.
  • OtterDoc
    OtterDoc Member Posts: 7

It was right at the start of the match when we loaded in. I assumed the killer left because they didn't like the map. All the survivors got +5000 bloodpoints but that's not enough to safety pip. It showed I did not safety pip and then my survivor rank lost a notch when I was on the next lobby screen to go into a new match.

• Rob_Zombi3
    Rob_Zombi3 Member Posts: 31

Yeah, I can confirm - you don't depip when killer leaves. Although I think this should be more visually inuitive than it is now ...

• Rob_Zombi3
    Rob_Zombi3 Member Posts: 31

@Jack11803

I am playing on PC so I can't confirm anything on PS4. If thats true, sorry man, thats sucks :(

• DRAGOON
    DRAGOON Member Posts: 126

@Jack11803 said:
    @Rob_Zombi3
    @OtterDoc
    @powerbats

Whenever Killer DC’s for me, I get sent to the main menu, and lose shards, points, items, and offerings. PS4 sucks...

that's dashboarding, a lot different than when a killer pauses and leaves the game via option menu. I wish they would do something to fix that.

and for me I black pip when a killer leaves via the option menu.

• powerbats

@Jack11803 said:
    @Rob_Zombi3
    @OtterDoc
    @powerbats

Whenever Killer DC’s for me, I get sent to the main menu, and lose shards, points, items, and offerings. PS4 sucks...

On pc at least you lose any offerings you had which if it was a really good one or ultra rare sucks. some killer see the offering and bail during loading or if they don't like the map. I've had survivors do same thing. The lost stuff should be replaced and you should get a better reward.

I'm not sure if pipping would be appropriate unless they did it on scaling system so if you have it happen 1 time you earn x hidden points. After x times of it happening then you get 1 pip level that doesn't award anything other than that level. This would be in addition but separate from the restore of items/offerings/extra blood points and some small shard compensation.

• Canextro
    Canextro Member Posts: 71
    Depends though... If the killer uses the in game leave button, then the survivor is unpunished. But if the killer pulls the cord, I occasionally lose a pip.
  • appelpeer
    appelpeer Member Posts: 9
    Jack11803 said:

@Rob_Zombi3
    @OtterDoc
    @powerbats

Yeah me too btw are you Jack from the dbd PS4 community? :)

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@appelpeer said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Rob_Zombi3

@OtterDoc

@powerbats

I COULD possible maybe might be the moderater on that community.

• powerbats

@Jack11803 said:

@appelpeer said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Rob_Zombi3

@OtterDoc

@powerbats

I COULD possible maybe might be the moderater on that community.

He's in your posts changing them all to this.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

@Cetren said:

You do de-pip when a killer leaves

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

It just shows you de--piping in the rank progress. I had that happen to me today and when i was starting next match my rank returned to before that match.

• yololover226
    yololover226 Member Posts: 2
    Im a ps4 player who got the game and fell in love instantly with little knowledge of the game but i have grown hatred as well with that reason specifically i always get dereanked when a killer leaves it says escaped i earn my 5k bloodpoints but i don't pep up i actually lose 1 this game is on a 2.1.0 or w.e update and by the looks of these discussions ive read through this should have been fixed some the longest what exactly are the devs doing other than making new "cute" costumes that do nothing for the game whats so ever and adding dlc when they cant even fix their bug from the beginning. Why am i punished for wanting to play while the killer doesnt
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Funny how everybody cares about the killer quitting when you are more screwed over by teammates who quit.

At least when the killer quits, you can get into a new game. If a teammate screws you, you're stuck trying to play out a much more difficult game.

• yololover226
    yololover226 Member Posts: 2

Funny how everybody cares about the killer quitting when you are more screwed over by teammates who quit.

At least when the killer quits, you can get into a new game. If a teammate screws you, you're stuck trying to play out a much more difficult game.

Well the topic is about the killer. But I'm not gonna lie I get frustrated when the first person who gets down quits immediately and we get no compensation for the grief. Only the killer gets a quitters bonus
  • Pyxillis
    Pyxillis Member Posts: 5

This is still happening. I just de-pipped because 5 mins into the game, the killer disconnected. I went back to green rank after sweating for ages to get purple >:(. Please give a penalty for killer leaving, like enough points to get into safety. Very frustrating.