Will Dwight the Brave challenge be reworked?

WRussoW
WRussoW Member Posts: 715

There are so many things wrong with this challenge. It hurts me, it hurts my team. I played the whole day trying to get it. It's not impossible, but I just hate playing like this. I hate playing this game hoping that current broken matchmaking will give me good teammates who can juke and blind bad killer. I mean, I have to be near a killer (10 freaking meters, THAT'S NOT OKAY) without being spotted. FOR 60 SECONDS STRAIGHT.

I just want someone from the dev team team to actually try getting this challenge against a good killer or a killer who won't let you just be nearby. I'm on red ranks, killers here aren't really that much of vegetables unlike some teammates.

Don't hit me with "I got it on accident" or "I got it first try", k? You got lucky. YOU. GOT. LUCKY.

And luck shouldn't affect a challenge THIS much.

Comments

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

The trick is to be doing things that help the team even while you're near the killer. Copy pasting the game I got it here:

"Wound up on Dead Dawg. Went to the Saloon gen, working on it, Nea runs the Leatherface to the pallet right below the overhang. I honestly have no idea WHAT she was doing, but she somehow kept him there for over half my gen before going down.

I was worried that wasn't enough, so I made sure Leatherface knew I was still on the gen, then snuck into that room that only has a window entrance until the killer knocks the wall down and hid in the locker. He checked both lockers on the outside of the saloon and then ran past the window, but didn't find me.

Several dumb plays and two hooks later, it's revealed he has DH. Claudette shows me where it is before saving me, as it's right by my hook, inside the saloon. Leatherface, bless his heart, didn't tunnel me, I go to cleanse it as the Claudette goes down, and goes up on the hook I was just on. Leatherface hears me doing his bones, but can't figure out how the hell to get to me, finally breaks the wall next to me right as the totem explodes, but none of that was "in a chase" either. I died knowing if I was EVER going to get the challenge, it'd be that game, and lo and behold, it was."

So yes, some luck, but also some ability to play around what the cards dealt me. Two things done intentionally, one done by accident (the Nea). It is doable, I promise. And the victory is all the sweeter for how annoying it is.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I doubt it'll be reworked but I imagine they will learn from it and not make it a returning challenge. At least in the same way it currently is.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

It is not that hard, you just have to follow the killer around while he is chasing others

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184

Lol I was lucky on that one I got a legion that was our friend, it was a legion also thin to get an archive done.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Thats nothing to do with luck. How about gitgud? Or can you just do "challenges" that only require you to do the same you always do? This is one of the unique real challenges not just a counter for normal gameplay.

• Theetis
    Theetis Member Posts: 153

I somehow managed to do it first try. I felt awful, because I've been dead weight for most of the match. My teammates lowkey resented me as well.

• LordRegal

I don't disagree with that logic whatsoever. I've been vocally against challenges like that since Tome 1. I just wanted to say that this one specifically was doable without the sandbagging.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

I got it first try on a Coldwind map, Rancid Abattoir I think? The one with the slaughterhouse amd the corrals, I can't remember names for the life of me. It was against a Doctor and thank goodness I got good teammates, this Kate was able to run him around for a good few minutes where I was able to complete the challenge, and I took over the chase to make up for it once the Kate had been injured. At the end of the match he camped a Nancy and that gave me enough time to complete the challenge if I hadn't already, but luckily someone brought BT and I was able to take the last hit to get both the unhooker and the Nancy out. If you just sit near a jungle gym or loop while the killer is being looped there you'll get it done pretty easily.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

It's possible to do without sandbagging, sure. But the frequency that it's getting brought up in these forums suggests that this is the exception and not the rule.

• TraitorousLeopard
    TraitorousLeopard Member Posts: 156

I got it with a not-so-great Nurse. The blinking sounds cover your footsteps and the slow default speed means you can hug her butt while she chases someone else.

Now I'm stuck on Kate's "do badly, but not THAT badly" Master Challenge.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

Luck plays a small part about it- I say that cause I got an Oni on Lery's. But I got it by following him and ruining his progress- tapping gens he kicked, saving survivors with a flashlight or pallet, unhooking survivors, and occasionally distracting him (Diversion+Red Herring is ANNOYING lol). Can you play optimally and still get this achievement? Probably, but its easier to do what I did.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited June 2020

tbh i had luck the killer literally gave up on me and just did nothing went afk so ifarmed him, so i dont know try to break killers will to play he may not dc.

i couldnt get it normally, and i tried like 3 or 4 times. so yeah that challenge is stupid imo. exactly teh same with the hook 4 survivors in EGC i dont know how will i do that one without farming.

• LordRegal

Having attempted both the Dwight and the Kate challenge for this chapter, I officially hate the Kate one more

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

There have been many challenges that were hugely affected by luck. We've complained about it since the first Tome. Here we are.

The devs have reworked challenges when it turned out they were damn near impossible to do (two hook saves during the EGC in one trial was one of them, I think). There have been enough people completing this challenge that it's not impossible (I haven't done it yet, but my plan is to just burn a Gideon map offering, if I can), so it's unlikely we'll see a rework, no matter how luck-based or unhealthy-for-the-game the challenge is. Killing four survivors in the basement was not a healthy challenge, but that didn't get reworked, either.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,933

It's a very easy challenge... I completed it my first try.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 921

I might be breaking a rule by saying this, but on the datamined challenge list, it'll be in Tome 4 and it'll require you to escape after doing the objective.

• paint1210
    paint1210 Member Posts: 95

This challange encourage toxic play. The easy way to do is 1212 and teabag the killer let them facecamp you or become potato teamate when killer facecamp someone. The game is consider you as not found if the chase music doesn't appear

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I hated this challenge. It encourages terrible play. Hopefully they minimize the amount of time you have to be unnoticed. Having it be a complete minute is awful if they want to continue with it.

• ShErMaDeRmA
    ShErMaDeRmA Member Posts: 338

Not a proven tactic because, yes, i got it by accident, but wait to get a camping killer, go to hooked survivor, leave them to die and hide close. Desperate times need desperate measures

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited June 2020

I hope it never returns after this Tome. It encourages terrible play. The only way to get this without really hurting your teammates is to burn a Game offering.

This site has been accurate about the Archives except for one challenge back in Tome 2 Level 4. Look at the Dwight head in bottom left corner of Archives level 4. This challenge gets worse.

https://dbd.onteh.net.au/#archives

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Can someone fill me up with that challenge? Been seeing people complaining about that challenge, I haven't done it, I'm just playing killer atm

• SnakeSound222

Hide within 10 meters of the Killer for 60 seconds as Dwight in a single game.

• OldHunterLight

Doesn't sound that hard but I could be wrong, do you have to escape as well?

• SnakeSound222

Not for the one in this level. The negative reactions toward it are mainly because it encourages terrible play.

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 324

I just hope they change the level 4 challenge named Dwight's Fright which is almost the same! The only difference is you have to also escape the trial... You can check it out on this website --> https://dbd.onteh.net.au/archives

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

I will just try it with the game map offerings and try to be above the killer most of the time...

• OldHunterLight

Makes sense, no wonder I've been seeing a lot of Dweets hide a lot against me

• Gomolazoli
    Gomolazoli Member Posts: 336

I did if tor like the third try. Chased the huntress all game...fulfilled every category but gens and eventually my whole team died because if it. These challenges are reetarded.

• vaal
    vaal Member Posts: 22

Ahaha, git gut! Done it on second try. Just try Urban Evasion and offering for sneaky map like Lary's or Yamaoka. Yes, it would mean being useless for other team but... you want this trial :D

• WRussoW

Yeah, let me just bring Urban... OH WAIT, I don't main Dwight, I need to grind for it. Yay.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

The point isn't whether it's doable or not. The point is you're taking about 1/10 of the match (at least) just being completely useless.

It took me 7 games and I finally got it when 2 of my friends and I played with a rando. My friends were basically sacrificing themselves while I crouched. Super fun game play. Sure.

• WRussoW

Okay, update, I got it. But I got it because, again, the killer was bad and my teammates were good at looping him at one spot, I just hopped into a locker with Q&Q (thx god I got it in the bloodweb). The challenge feels like it's more about my teammates, I just hide nearby while my team loops the hell out of a killer. It's not really a good design but it would be interesting for SWF, I guess.

• WRussoW

Okay, I think it's much easier but still hurts your team a lot. Bring a key. That's it. When a killer hooks you, go to the second state, get unhooked and go immersed. Escape through the hatch then.

• Bradyguy99
    Bradyguy99 Member Posts: 228

This challenge hurts the game so much. Literally seeing Dwight's just coming up to me and not doing any objectives. Heck some are literally ratting out their teammates. Dev's please never let any form of this challenge return again.

• Bradyguy99
    Bradyguy99 Member Posts: 228

I also haven't even tried for it yet but I can already tell it's not going to be fun at all. Isn't that the points of these challenges? Being fun and rewarding for playing the game? I don't know how hiding from the killer while following them is fun.

• SnakeSound222

It’s too late, level 4 brings back this challenge except it adds the additional requirement of escaping.

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383

Haha it's too easy , 1 game to get it jaja gg

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243

I agree that something is up with it because I played several games hiding in lockers in a building where the last gen was and sandbagged my team unfortunately but stayed in the terror radius and killer running around me for almost 2 minutes straight. I was positive I got it as it was 3 or 4 times I was right by the killer like that for several seconds but to my surprise, nope.....SO FRUSTRATING how stupid some of these challenges are and they are soooooo grindy

• Guertena
    Guertena Member Posts: 392

Once I were 100% of the match behind a bad doctor and it still didn't worked.