The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Spinechill is actually godly

dhealy646
dhealy646 Member Posts: 462

This perk is so good and here's why.

1. Basically gives every killer a 36m tr

2. Let's you know if a killer is coming towards you. When I hear a tr and spinechill isn't lit up I keep working on gens because I know he isn't coming to me which saves so much time in the long run.

3. Counters every stealth killer, spirit, and M&A slinger and hag.

4. Increases your vault speed allowing you to avoid potential hits.

5. Increases action speed when the killer is looking. This really comes in clutch when the gen is 90% and he's coming or you're the last survivor on the exit gate and he's coming.

Overall just such a useful underrated perk.

Comments

• hagling
    hagling Member Posts: 279

i remember when it used to be perceived as the lil scaredy nooblet perk for immersed claudettes and locker dweets.

now that people know its true power, I feel validated for always having brought it.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

It's a great perk especially if you're just starting out, but it's easily countered since all the killer has to do is not look in your general direction.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

I always use it but i still think it shouldnt work on stealth killers like micheal or ghostface.

But i cant play without anymore its just too good.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

It's my favourite survivor perk. I don't think it's underrated.

• I_Teabag_Gate
    I_Teabag_Gate Member Posts: 126

An accidental glance is all that's needed. It's very hard to sneak up without looking at all.

You see something out of the corner of your eye or bump into something.

Even if you manage it, you have to wonder what you missed by not looking around properly

• I_Teabag_Gate

I don't think it should work on Stealth killers. Stealth is meant to be their power, it shouldn't be so easily countered. Let survivors use their eyes or ears.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Oh I agree that most killers aren't going to look away (especially if they're red rank), but if it's a stealthy killer like Myers and they notice that you're always leaving a generator when they try to approach stealthily, then they're going to know that you're using spine chill, at that could lead them to altering their play style.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

It's a pretty bloated perk ngl

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

Yep. I end up doing this as Wraith a lot. About the second time you head to a gen that you know people are on but they're magically nowhere to be found, you catch on. 😂

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

It’s a great perk and I can see why people are starting to use it. It’s completely killed a lot of my Burger King Myers matches though, as people know when I’m coming. 😭

• Tarlonis
    Tarlonis Member Posts: 22

It's OP, hands down. The only people that don't use it either don't have access to it, or don't want to make the game TOO easy.

It invalidates all the stealth killers stealth...

• I_Teabag_Gate

Iron Will is a perk. Perks countering perks is fine.

Perks countering a main part of a characters power is another issue. Imagine a perk that stopped the Nurse blinking or Spirit phasing.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

Especially with resilience, vault speed increased 15% and i heal myself at 99 in order to have an additional buff in repair

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

It is really good. I like to use it a lot when i go stealthy 👍️

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I dropped Self Care for it.

Haven't gone back.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

The best experience i had with this perk was when a Piggy caught on i had it and walked to the gen sideways

Biggest jumpscare i had in this game when she snatched me of the gen

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I got used to moonwalk to gens with Scratched Mirror. And glances are not really a problem, the perk flashes constantly when the killer is near. It's not like killers look around left/right like Zoolander, because they can't do a full 360 :P

At least with Mirror it works fine when you just glance every 10m to check if the survivor is still where you expect him to be. You don't use Stalk the full time anyway because you are slowed down, so everytime you stop using your power you can moonwalk. I always start that when I notice that they keep moving away from gens as soon as I approach. And it works

• Tarlonis
    Tarlonis Member Posts: 22

And if it didn't effect stealth killers, you'd have FUN jumpscares MORE often! :)

Hence...the perk is too strong imho.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

It's probably my favorite perk honestly. It's especially helpful against stealth killers as I don't like wearing headphones.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,707

The perk is really good and I used to run it all the time. When I played a survivor that didn’t have it unlocked though I felt super naked in the matches so I started to avoid those survs....

Now I don’t use it anymore because I felt It took something from the game, the suspense.. but I would agree it’s not really an underrated perk at all. I just personally don’t want to rely to much on it.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

It was underrated, but not anymore.

Not from what i'm going against at least.

Anyway, i just put Generator Auras as far on the left/right of my monitor as possible while patrolling so it won't trigger.

Extra vault speed is neglectible though, you vault only 0.03 seconds faster, it'll help once in a blue moon i guess.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

I call it the Phone Call perk.

I have a phone call and have to take off the headset. Thank you Spinechill :D The one perk that I truly love. :)

• Litany
    Litany Member Posts: 13

Anecdotal, but as a low level killer I've found it helpful as I can sweep across generators and cause people to move away from them, thereby sloiwing down gen progression.

I'm sure this doesn't work all the time or with experienced survivors, but it feels like if I stare ad gens without necessarily going all the way up to them, it slows things down and then I see 3/4 or 4/4 spine chill...

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

Can't agree more. I use the perk since many months now and can't play without it anymore. Spine Chill is also very strong combined with Head On and Quick & Quiet, you can let the killer waste very much time with that. There are still people that say Spine Chill would be a noob perk but it just proves that they don't know the game at all.