Why do certain killers hate Claudette so much?

As a killer main myself, this is a topic that has baffled me.

When I play killer, I don't punish survivors for playing a specific character. For the most part, I treat all the survivors equally.

And yet I've noticed that killers will punish Claudette players for simply picking the character (such as using a mori or tunneling).

Why?

Is it because some of them like to blend with the environment? Who cares lol. They're not hurting anyone. Stealth is part of the game.

Is it because those players have a history of being toxic? Toxic Claudette players are very rare in my experience. And even if those players did have a tendency to be toxic, assuming that all Claudette players are toxic would be stereotyping.

Personally, I think it's small and petty to single out a survivor just because they are playing a certain character.

Comments

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited June 2020

It’s because they don’t like her ninja ways and don’t like that people who use her to be toxic by t bagging them. I use her as my survivor main but I never t bag anyone unless they deserved it. I’m also a doctor main and I usually spare Claudette mains I aim for toxic megs😀.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

It is petty and pointless. I personally despise Ash and Steve but I don't feel the need to make them miserable for playing as them.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

I don't target Claudettes, I judge each player by their own actions, but I get it. Just by playing her you get a built-in advantage of blending into most of the environments without it costing a perk slot, and in really dark/foliage-heavy maps that can offer way more value than any perk. I've had times where I didn't see a P3 Claudette for most of a match, so when I finally did see them I made sure to take them out rather than risk them disappearing again.

As a survivor, I have many times been on the hook and watched a Claudette self care in a corner rather than save me (yeah, I know she's not obligated to, that doesn't make it any less annoying). Or I'll save a Claudette and rather than let anyone heal her she'll self care. Claudettes will make bad saves and then just kind of disappear into the environment so the only survivor the killer sees is the one who just got unhooked. If I play survivor and the other three survivors are Claudettes... well, these days I normally lobby dodge those, because otherwise I just get tunneled out first because I'm the only survivor the killer ever sees.

• NinjaDette1
    edited June 2020

Feng min’s Claudette’s David’s Nancy’s William Steve Jeff and laurie are my favorites.As a killer I dislike Nea Meg Jake Ace Dwight Jane Ashley Quentin and the rest of them.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826

Probably because especially on auto haven a prestiged Claudette is almost impossible to keep eyes on even while looping without los blockers. Truly a nightmare and dear god if you are playing pig and crouch against a p3 claud gg who knows where she went to.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

I won't give them any special treatement but I do dislike them since she actually is much much harder to see then any other survivor in the game making her the best "skin" to use if you want to win.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

This might sound bad and it's not what you think it is but it is actually the colour of her skin...

And her dark outfits

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Janes voice grates on me. So while I usually give hatch to last standing, jane always dies. Sorry to all jane mains

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

The reason I hate Claudette is she's harder to see. When survivors are using all the meta perks and Claudette, it feels like too much. You already have a 4 man swf, headsets, DS+BT+Unbreakable+DH on top of being Claudette. The game is already in your favor. How many advantages do you need?

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

As a Claudette main, lets be frank- a lot of the maps are dark, so she has an advantage that most of the other Survivors don't. Technically Adam and Tapp have it too, but they're bigger, louder, and their default outfits are more easily seen (as well as the fact that they're DLC and she's not). Claudette has been used by players who like to use her for the stealth capabilities her character model inherently provides, and as a result a lot more toxic players have gravitated towards her. People see a Claudette, they're reminded of all the toxic Claudettes they faced before and slap on a Mori or tunnel. Same happens with Meg (for different reasons). Personally, I think its stupid- you should remember the names or Steam profiles, cause hating a character in a game doesn't mean anything, especially in DBD where the only real difference between Survivors is character model and audio.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

In my experience a lot of Claudette players are just stupid, unfortunately. She has an extremely negative stigma because of her P3 camouflage, which is often used to play badly and selfishly.

I actually like Claudette and her lore so I don’t care to treat people who play her any differently, but anecdotally Claudette players are the most likely to be dead weight or get really salty in end game chat. Especially low rank Claudettes, so people associate her with those negative experiences.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I got news for people who say they hate Claudette because she can be hard to locate. Claudette isn't the only survivor who can stealth.

• Mister_Holdout

This is what I don't understand though. Being a ninja is a play style. It's not unique to Claudette.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164
    edited June 2020

Being a ninja when wearing bright clothing or having blonde hair takes effort. Crouching and becoming invisible in tall grass because the avatar you're playing as is dark does not take effort. That's the difference. That's why many players have less respect for Claudettes. You can look right at them and not see them in certain lighting/environments, and it's not like killers get flashlights to use to point into all the dark recesses of the maps to try to locate their prey.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I wouldn't say I'm toxic towards Claudette's, I more just jokingly blame everything on them. Missed a swing? It's that darn Claudette's fault lol. This all stems from my first ever Killer game on DBD, I got 3 Red Rank Claudette's with flashlights and a baby Claudette with a flashlight, and I was playing Wraith. I got the baby Claudette and then got spammed with messages for 3 hours after the match calling me trash or whatever else they could think of.

I got over that a long time ago, but it kinda ruined Claudette for me cuz whenever I see a Claudette, I kinda remember that lol.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited June 2020

I only hate the fact that cosmetics (yes, survivors are cosmetics too) provide an in-game advantage.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

I definitely don’t hate Claudette, as I actually play her a lot myself. What I don’t like, are the typical Blendette’s that wear the dark clothing and only travel around the map with Urban Evasion. The ones that spend more time hiding in a bush than doing gens or going for unhooks. These are the ones that give the rest of the Claudette’s a bad name and unfortunately they’re the ones I encounter the most.

I don’t think the problem has ever been with the character, it’s to do more with the type of players that gravitate towards her. You can be stealthy with a lot of characters, especially in their darkened P3 skins, but it always seems to be the Blendette’s that play really selfishly. From my experience anyway.

• Mister_Holdout

Only certain maps have foliage that allow Claudette to become nearly invisible. I've played against plenty of survivors not named Claudette who were hard to find.

Like I said, stealth is a play style.

And I personally haven't encountered many Claudettes that used those special bushes to hide in.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

Good for you, I still hate her guts for being so hard to find.

• Theetis
    Theetis Member Posts: 153

I genuinely can't tell if I hate Blendettes more when I'm playing survivors or killer.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

It is because they are vying for the position of Hokage and they know if they get rid of the Ultra Ninja Claudette, they would have a chance for the position.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

I just don’t like people in general who hide all game like it’s some single player hatch simulator or something it just happens most of the people who do this play her because she can blend in well. It’s no fun for the killer cuz no interaction and no fun for survivors cuz they now have only 3 people if that sometimes doing gens chases and saving each other while the other guy sits in a corner doing emotes at 5 gens

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

Personally I just lobby dodge if the Claudette has P2 or P3 on it is heavily customized. From my experience ALL Claudette’s are insanely toxic and I just don’t play with them

• NinjaDette1
    edited June 2020

So you’re saying all Claudette mains are toxic?.I’m not toxic myself if you want toxic try Nea and Meg.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

I never really encounter toxic Megs. Neas always THINK they're being toxic and doing good but I've only seen like 1 or 2 geniuenly good and toxic Nea's in my life time meanwhile I have never met a non toxic claudette whos not heavily customized or wearing anything beyond P1

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

My issue with Claudette is that she is nearly invisible on most mcmillian maps, and most abuse that with perks like iron will and stuff that helps them blend more.

I rarely tunnel a Claudette but I've seen killers actually bringing a mori and just mori the Claudette.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

If I see a blendette, I need to kill them as quick as I can. Same with other blendy characters, they need to go. I can't chance them stealthing past me, if I see them they're dead. Lucky for me there's still so many rank 1 players that like to heal under hooks or out in the open then call me a tuneller like they have the moral high ground because they played like an idiot.

It's just ridiculous that someone can equip an outfit and become invisible by crouching in grass. Every game with a blendette is like playing on Yamaoka or Dead Dawg Saloon: they crouch, and they win. Plus, there's the fact that someone wants so many advantages they play a specific character and equip a specific outfit so they can be harder to see.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

It's because I have some radical ideas about certain things about this game that go against the normal way if thinking.

That and you can't hit me if you can't see me.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,906

Not just McMillan. They vanish on swamp and Yamaoka, too.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

Because Claudettes are almost universally the type of teammate that ruins the solo queue experience.

I don't hate every Claudette, and I let plenty of nice Claudettes go out the Hatch or Gate if their teammates let them down; but they make up a very small number of the Claudette population. Most sandbag, tbag, and send rude messages.

I don't instabring a Mori or tunnel just because there's a Claudette, but I can understand why people do so. Even if I do think it's a little petty.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

Because they abuse lighting issues and are boring as hell.

• Arctic_Krampus
    Arctic_Krampus Member Posts: 61

When I'm playing killer, I hate Claudette because I can't even see them. If I see a Claudette, I take the opportunity to down them a quickly as possible otherwise she'll disappear only to be seen teabagging at the exit gate.

When I play survivor, I still hate Claudette since majority of them I come across do lots of unsafe unhooks, body block pallets, and/or crouch in the corner not working on objectives

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

i personally only mori blendettes because i find stealth to be the most boring thing to go against, as i find chases to be the best part of the game

its just not fun looking for a survivor for a long time and then having them go down in 3 seconds because they dont know how to loop properly

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
  • PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Well, maybe I'm trying to optimise my stealth capabilities to compensate for a lack of running ability.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    1. She is a popular character
    2. Blendette exists
    3. If they aren’t blendettes they are toxic.

I think that is enough reasons, frankly.

• hagling
    hagling Member Posts: 279

killers are so quick to defend camping or tunneling as valid tactics yet a survivor playing stealthy?? that's just too far. even given the advantage of knowing exactly who they're facing before the round, they can't imagine slotting something like stridor to increase their noise detection or i'm all ears for wallhacks or whispers or any of the other anti-stealth addons or perks in their arsenal. they just mori the claudette. problem solved.

it's a boring bias. i personally love sneaky survivors, if ol blendy's going invisible in the scenery or urban evading around she's definitely not doing gens or being at all helpful toward her allies. a classic blendette is basically an extra perk slot for killers.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

And survivor mains are so quick always bringing up killers defending camping and tunneling in every thread.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited June 2020

I'm a survivor main (rank 6 survivor, rank 10-ish killer, haven't touched killer in quite a while) who defends camping and tunneling and I still get accused of being a killer main. It's quite interesting.

EDIT: Fixed the survivor rank, I think I'm actually rank 6 and not 5.

Post edited by Orion on
  • hagling
    hagling Member Posts: 279

that's one way to completely write someone off huh? I actually play both sides pretty frequently nowadays, and you can go through my comments to see how often I bring up camping and tunneling if you'd like. spoilers tho: it's rare.