Would you like unique killer basements?

Dr_Loomis
Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I mean for each killer to have their own basement which could be featured in all maps, with the cut-off being the bottom of the stairs.

Each basement would be unique and represent each killer's personality and lore.

For example, Huntress could have all animal skins hanging on the walls etc.

Some of the licensed characters could have some really interesting features in their own basements.

It could be the Entity's way of producing a shrine of death intertwined with the killer.

Comments

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited June 2020

If my doctor main ever has his own electric chair in an old creepy office then sure sign me up😀.Already have my own slogan for it the doctor will shock you now 😏(instead of see you now).

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Id prefer customizable basements where I can change colors and apply wall art and ######### 😊

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

no, just like I don't like unique chase and terror radius music, it ruins that only moment of """fear""" where you don't know the who's killer. They scratched unique hooks and I don't see why they added unique music.

• Dr_Loomis

😁 Yeah we could really pimp them out with even custom music, maybe the old Nintendo Wii Mii theme.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited June 2020

For the doctor I would say heavy metal.I’m not even a heavy metal fan myself but it seems very appropriate for the doctor.

• raulblideran
    raulblideran Member Posts: 225

Defo agree with that. And for some killers, instead of hooks they could have something reminiscent of a hook that works mechanically like a hook. For Doc an electric chair, inspired from @NinjaDette1, or for legion a trashed edgy teenager basement, idk, they could do it for all the killers but it would be a lot of work into it

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

I'd be alright with that, but I'd prefer basements to match their maps more so. Default basement at Hawkins is just out of place.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

I agree with you, even if the basement is a common structure in all the maps they could do what they did to the killer shack in dead dawg saloon.

I mean, the first time I played there I couldn't recognize it at first and it was amazing seeing what they did.

• Biggs
    Biggs Member Posts: 286

same for customizable hooks but I think devs said its not gonna happen, becasue players would know instantly against who you are.. I mean come on in most matches you know instantly against who you are :D definitely shady answer due to money and resources... but what they dont get is almost everyone would buy customizable hooks :D

• Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550

I think you should be able to go to the basement and see a physical version of the addons that the killer is using

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

I think that sounds awesome and could really add some personality for each Killer.

On the same note, I understand the argument that having no way to identify what Killer you have until you encounter them is part of the advantage of Killer and the excitement or anticipation of survivor.

I would love to see that, personally. I love Huntress, so I would be jazzed to see a basement that really speaks to her story line.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

Personally I think it is not a bad idea but I think it would be just way too much time I mean they are already remodeling the killer shacks and making them unique with the graphic update

• Avarice
    Avarice Member Posts: 65

Personally I think its a fun idea and it provides added incentive for survivors to go into the basement, which could make perks like territorial a little bit better.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,362

I can see it now...

-Spawns in shack, walks downstairs-

"Hey guys, the killer is so and so, im in the basement..."

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Yes and no. Yes because it'd be awesome, but no because, apart from what @LordGlint said, the basement is supposed to be where you're closest to the Entity, so it'd make sense that it was modeled after Her, instead of the killer.

• LordGlint

They use to model the hooks around the map based off the killer currently in the trial. Theres a reason why they took that out...

• LALYTHIA

To be fair, if a team is communicating, this already happens in so many matches. Someone usually sees the killer pretty quickly. Or...you hear a specific radius, you see a trap, a jig saw box, the timer on your avatar, you hear a charge/bell/teleport. It wouldn't really change that much.

• LordGlint

That doesnt mean theres any reason to rat out Myers for example before the guy can get out of EW1. Its one thing to be aware of your surroundings to see killer specific gear, but the map itself doesnt need to be giving that information.

• Mooshroome64
    Mooshroome64 Member Posts: 105

Maybe not for killers as it could reveal them too early, but just in general it could be cool. iirc basement hooks don't have charms so maybe they could be enlarged and dangled round the basement?

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    edited June 2020

Wait, "her?" I never knew the Entity was a she. i always thought it was an 'it.'

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Only Her true servants are privy to Her gender.

(It's a joke, just go with it. The Entity is indeed an "it".)

• riotangel
    riotangel Member Posts: 176

Looks like early warning who the killer is.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

A basement designed for that killer map will not give away who the killer is. If you're on the Huntress map, then it will be the huntress basement, same for all the other killer maps.

• Dr_Loomis

I don't think the basements 'giving the killer away' is really a valid issue.

I mean you see a Jigsaw box, a purification fountain, a closed bear trap...you know who it is.

You quickly hear Demogorgon's roar, Deathslinger's harpoon shot, Michael Myers' tier-up notification etc.

And then you have the other details like the dream timers on the survivor icons.

Maybe....maybe it could be that only the killers can see their unique basements. This would make sense as the basement would be the killer's dwelling manifested by the Entity. They have no connection to the rest of the map. The survivor would only see the default wooden basement.

• tixerp
    tixerp Member Posts: 270

If they were to do it, I'd prefer if it was subtle and immersive/fitting for that killer only, rather than letting you put funko pop charms all over the damn place. I really really love this games visual atmosphere and tone and themes. I want them to add more to it, rather than doing something like charms, and follow the footsteps of something like TF2 hats which kills the games art style.

• Dr_Loomis

Yes, we don't need something ridiculous with Pop Vinyls and anime art posters of the killers everywhere. Sod that.

• LALYTHIA

I just think the impact would be negligible. Especially since the only circumstance in which one survivor could tell another is SWF. As a solo, this wouldn't really effect me much. I wouldn't run to the shack just to find out who the killer was before I see them. And idk about other ranks but in red, Myers rarely gets out of EW1 before everyone already knows who the killer is. At least IME, unless you have a potato. 😂 I get it. You don't want anything added that could be remotely a disadvantage for killers or an advantage for survivors, but I just don't see this as having a significant impact. Like I said originally, I understand wanting to secure your anonymity as long as possible...but this would be pretty awesome to see.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

I would like running electricity and a tv in mine...oh and a sofa. You know, so I have some where to chill while I wait for all the gens to get rushed.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

You just gave BHVR a metric ton of new battle pass filler ideas....

....but I'd definitely spend way too much time customizing my basement too.

• LordGlint

It falls under the same lines as when the originally had different hooks for various killers and the same reasoning they took THAT out.

A hook like THIS would spawn everytime the killer was Wraith as opposed to everytime you got an autohaven map. They changed it so hooks were bound to the map as opposed to the killer for that exact reason. If you wanted to make the basements the same way...bound to the MAP, thats fine.