Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Reason for quitting the game

Dyeverse
Dyeverse Member Posts: 10

Lets face it, in he red ranks the Game is just heavily balanced towards Survivors. Most of the Killers are just a joke. I play survivor a lot and get out nearly all the f***** time. And when i play killer its just annoying. Each game 2 Generators pop until the first guy is being hooked. You get looped around a single pallet for far too long and when you break it you get blinded by a flashlight.

Some would argue , that the killers need to learn how to apply pressure and thats right, BUT the game is just faaar to easy for survivors (again i play both for about 1000 hours). From the killers perspective you need to have a really good timemanagement, while the survivors are far more forgiving, especially while playing SWF.

Its just not fun anymore. Playing Survivor is just underwhelming because its too easy just houlding left mouse button and pressing space from time to time. And killer is underwhelming because experienced survivors make a joke of most killers. Not unless you are a god nurse, which requires even more humiliation, in order to become that good.

Im talking only about the red ranks. Maybe there are go(o)d killers and they have my respect, but i havent seen them the past 100 games. In conclusion making fun of killers and trashing them in 5 mins, because they are just extremely weak, isnt fun. And playing killer, well no need in explaining that any further. It goes to point where killers are just starting games not moving in order to derank. Seriously, how long are the Devs trying to ignore that?

At least for me, i will not be coming back until they significantly improved the game, which i fairly enjoyed the past few years.

Β«1

Comments

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Like @Poweas said, hope to see you soon as well as enjoy what ever game you play next. I can admit Dead By Daylight can be stressful and underwhelming, so I hope you can find a game to replace it quickly.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

I don't believe most of what you just said about your experience. But have fun on your dbd-cation.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

OK bye, hope you find a new game for you to enjoy and hopefully return if things work out for you in dbd

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Everybody has the same experience. People who claim otherwise are just simply bad or inexperienced with the game. I only reinstalled cause they announced the map changes

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited June 2020

It's certainly not an isolated incident. I stopped playing for the same reasons. A lot of people feel this way. It's probably why killer que times are so fast and survivor que times take forever.

Deranking doesn't do anything anymore. If a swf of r1's are waiting long enough it will throw any rank killer at them just so they have a game. Before I could play until I got to a certain rank, wait for reset and play again. Now no matter the rank I will likely run into reds.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Bye!! <3

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

With that attitude might as well never come back. Sorry but you are not supposed to stomp survivors all of your games.

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581

I'm not even that good and escape more often than not. Killer I can do okay,or get absolutely destroyed. I have some of the same issues and frustrations,but I just try to push through. I was getting angry playing killer,so I switched to survivor for awhile. Then I tried a new killer. I just bought literally every chapter the past two months. I didn't have any of them. I try to do the challenges,or play in a way I normally wouldn't play. Or try to learn something. Just know that people hear you. Even the devs have to know by now. There's a post about matchmaking almost every single day. I hope it does improve,and I hope to see you back.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

Of course the devs know, they just dont care. As long as the money comes in and the competition cant get a toehold, they will continue to not care.

• OutcastEric
    OutcastEric Member Posts: 495

Honestly it is annoying because the survivors do get a lot of second chances. And theyre almost abused at red ranks. Its simply not fun going against 4 survivors with the survivor meta. I dont care what killer you are, if you dont slug, tunnel, and camp at some point in the game, youre most likely going to lose. But then hey survivors are getting more and more perks to deal with what killers are given so pretty soon, at base, i feel that killer will be unplayable. Theyre literally hiding their MMR. Who does that? Yeah we get smaller maps but survivors literally get everything else, including comms. Sad because i love the game, just not how its handled in terms of "balance"

• LALYTHIA

This must be a platform difference, because as survivor my queue time is about 60 seconds...as Killer my queue time is about 15 minutes on PC.

Its completely unbelievable that someone would say survivors always escape (or that they personally always escape) and Killers just get stomped by survivors who have it totally easy....when kill rates in this game tell a very different story - especially in red ranks.

I'm not saying it never happens that a survivor has a good win streak and as killer has a bad streak...but this is not the reality of the overall game right now. Its just not. 🀷

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

I'm on pc, rank 5-8 killer and my queues are roughly 10 seconds, unless something has changed in the last week.

• LALYTHIA

I played killer a couple days ago...two rounds of huntress...mid-rank...I could only get 2 matches in an hour. And they didn't last 30 minutes each. πŸ˜‚ Red rank survivor, my queue times are quick AF.

• LALYTHIA

I'm NA - West :)

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

Alright, don't worry, we'll still be here working out the kinks when you come back.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I'm coming back for triangle head man. I shall slay my enemies with the Pythagorean theorem.

• domai36
    domai36 Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2020

I would just take a break or find someone to play with. I find the game much more fun since my friend got it, though that won't help you as killer.

Killer at weak ranks vs. non-swf survivors is most certainly favoured, based on limited data and anecdotal experience. It's red ranks and swfs where killer becomes weak. It's an insidiously difficult game to balance, and BHVR doesn't treat it like an esports title so you will liekly never see that level of balance.

That said - MMR changes are coming relatively soon it looks like. Those changes along with crossplay are very likely to improve the solo survivor/killer experience. If you take a break now, be sure to come back when they come.

• a_good_player
    a_good_player Member Posts: 194

dude i think we are playing a different game lmao. i win like 95% of my killer matches, playing with every killer. when i play solo survivor, instead, i only find bots who go down instantly and do nothing all the time.

• uBoluCha
    uBoluCha Member Posts: 121

when you feel annoyed by the toxic survivor just do some revenge by doing this to show them that killer can be toxic too if they want

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

Matchmaking is a major issue. But here's why, I'm a green rank survivor and just played against a prestiged Huntress with learned perks and rare add-ons, she was doing really good too and ended up with a 2k. Her killer rank was 17. Stuff like that is why matchmaking is messed up, deranking killers are messing it up for the other killers.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited June 2020

And the thing is, even a Hidden MMR is easy to manipulate. Want consistently easier matches? It isn't hard to go into a match and play badly for multiple matches in a row until the MMR drops. Hidden or not, you'll know when it drops based on match quality.

Hell, it's done in any game with a Hidden MMR, from Overwatch Quick Play or Paladins to HoTS or LoL and beyond.

I'm waiting to see how this all shakes out, but my concern is that it's either going to be a placebo effect, or it's going to make a lot of people unhappy like SBMM (Skill Based Matchmaking) in Apex Legends did. I also want to wait and see how it plays out for Killer against SWF, since this isn't like averaging MMR between two equal-member teams.

• Dyeverse

I totally agree. Survivor is just pressing M1 for most of the time: Killer on the other hand is extremely stressfull.. Rank 1 Killer is a totally different experience than survivor on Rank 1. And i had both on Rank 1 at some point. They need to change some mechanics, if they want the game to succeed ,because otherwise noone will play killer anymore. No killer, no game. Simple as that... Why not make it more challanging to repair Gens, or give them alternative Objects on certain ranks..? Dont know wether that would help, but it would be a start..

• Dyeverse

You may be right in the low ranks, but some killers are just not playable/enjoyable in the majority of games. If youre playing a god nurse, then you deserve to win every single game in my opinion, because she is damn hard to play, which needs to be rewarded in some way.. But she is one of the least played killers for that reason anyway

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

Knowledge is a part of skill, though.

Or do you think that "skill" is only mechanical ability?

• Blendette_will_Evade
    Blendette_will_Evade Member Posts: 69

Or you can become a spirit main and demolish them by being unpredictable. That's just me though.

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682

By matching people with similar playtime or player level

• Dolls
    Dolls Member Posts: 395

I hope they dont match me with playtime..I have over 1000 hours but average level 10..lol

• Dyeverse

Matching people because of their playtime is bullshit anyways..

• lucid4444

How? You should have the maps, perks, and killers known like the back of your hand. You should have the BP to unlock all the good perks you want.

• Dolls

I have everything unlock for survivours. Ive only tried playing killer a few times and never learned about their perks. Like yesterday I had a rare Bubba that doesnt camp and when he'd hook someone he'd head straight for me...Id be like..How??!! I realised Bar-be-que and chili told him. This is only recent to finding this stuff out. I'm just so uneducated. I just run the same tired perks and play the same tired way...and also I only play solo so I don't have a friend to help build my confidence..

• lucid4444

What region are you and when do you play? We can team up for some games!

• Jukenobi
    Jukenobi Member Posts: 301

G8 B8 M8

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

For me it's quite the opposite. Killer is piss ez, 3ks majority of the time

Playing survivors is hell of frustating, but mainly because of stupid team mates

• Dolls

I'm in US but I'm on Switch..not many here seem to play on Switch on this forum. @Spookys@SpookyStabby is on Switch I faced him a few times before I met him here...but not since..lol

• NateyBoi
    NateyBoi Member Posts: 315

Lots of killers can win too. It depends on the perks the killer is using, Noed can help when the exits are open, that is good. But I hope you will come back to the dbd community in the future.

• a_good_player
    a_good_player Member Posts: 194

if you prefer crying about survivor being op than actually getting good i have 5 word for you: bye, you wont be missed

• Dolls

Oh I just now found @SpookyStabby ! Thats neat!

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

I JUST found you in match and sent a friend request! My Switch overheated and shut off mid match! 😭😭😭 I was having so much fun too! If you know those others in that game we were just in please tell them I'm sorry! I NEVER DC! My system went nuclear on me! 😭😭😭

• Dolls

Lol, I don't know any of those guys. I don't have any Switch friends. I was cleaning totems when you went...I was sad..

I wondered if it was you. But couldnt know til after the match. Did you let me get away? Was I any good at the chase?

• SpookyStabby
    edited June 2020

Yeah! I added you in lobby! LOL I was having su much fun in that game but then my Switch went nuclear(overheated) and shut off on me! 😭😭😭 If you know those other players that were in the trial with us please, tell them I'm sorry! I NEVER DC!

EDIT: Double post because it gave me a notification about discussion mismatch or something? So I thought my previous comment didnt save.

• SpookyStabby

Once I realized you were in match I decided to just mess with the others and kinda gauge how you handle chases. I'm (from what I've seen in streams and footage) a very unorthodox chaser though. You legit ducked out on me, which I was not expecting. I can usually keep track of specific marks in crossover chases. We can set up some custom matches and get practice in!

• Dolls

Yay! I'm glad to hear positive things about the chase. I've only recently tried to get away...im usually "Im done for..." And give up. Ive been trying (with my Bond) to watch the way others escape. I really would like to be good at chases and maybe one day lead killers away on purpose..but thats far in the future.

Ive never done a custom match before but would be up for trying it out. :)

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

I have invested too much time and money into this game to just 'quit' but occasionally I do take a few months off when the game begins to really frustrate me.