So How's the Rift Grind Going

Tricks
Tricks Member Posts: 957

So I was just wondering how everyone tracking with the rift?

I've completed tier 1 and 2, now with a little xp grinding I've managed to make it to 47

I was also wondering if it feels a little slower going than the previous rift or is it just me?

Really looking forward to the spirit cherry blossom torso. Shame its so far in to the rift at Tier 9. Cant wait XD

Comments

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited May 2020

I think it feels slower because there’s more challenges that have you playing multiple games and doing really simple tasks like start a chase with different Survivors.

I’m about to reach tier 16. I’ve been switching between DBD and Predator: Hunting Grounds, so I haven’t had as much time to complete the Rift.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I'm not 100% paying attention to it, I don't want to buy it on console (where I have everything) and then wanting to move to pc where I have almost nothing.

Currently tier 18 tho, if you want the exact number

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

I’m like OP: Level 41.

I wish the rift was more comprehensive because I’m on pace to easily finish it by the third level.

Also looking forward to the full cherry Spirit outfit, too. I’m really dig the Legion outfit as well. Looks great blended with the prestiged mask and weapon.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

Tier 43, only have one killer challenge left in level two of the tome. Feels about the same as the last rift. I should be able to finish it with plenty of time even with taking the week to play the ptb and a couple other games. I like it isn't such a grind like the first Tome where I was cutting it close to the end to complete it.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

Not very far. I just can't bring myself to play as much as I probably could.

Gotta stop letting trolls get to me, I guess.

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 348

Just hit 33. Plan to get to at least 35 before next tome releases. I should be able to finish easily by just doing the remaining challenges and a little grind at the end

• Tricks

T4 rift has yet to be released and I'm about to complete rank 69. Just got my Spirit cherry blossom outfit yay -

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

I finished couple of days ago :/

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

10 tiers to go for me.

I have a lot of challenges saved from all of the archive levels so I could be done but I need to save the bp for the chapter launch.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Currently Tier 50, I think it should be easy for me to get to 70 by the end of Level 4.

• Tricks

Yeah I cant wait! I have 284k bp saved to pile into Pyramid Head, we have 14 days left so it should be easy to get 1 mil by then?

Looking forward to see what cosmetics are available too. I'll prolly buy them all lol. The nurse outfit sounds cool for Cheryl too.

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594

Currently tier 68, should get it done in a few more days at most.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Okay

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Only at 30

I haven't fully completed a level of the tomb ye6

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

pretty sure im tier 49?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited June 2020

Almost at tier 60. Only have 1 challenge left on level 3 (kill 4 survivors during EGC).

BTW for anyone wondering, each level has about 105 rift fragments that can be earned. I did calculations for how much XP you should expect to get playing the minimum number of games to get every challenge, and you should end up around 130 rift fragments, or 13 tiers on the Rift.

That means if you complete the entire tome you will be around tier 52, so you only need XP for 18 levels. That's 180 rift fragments, which would be roughly 4 games per 3 fragments, so about 240 games outside of the ones needed to complete the challenges.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

I finished it. The instant killer queues make it pretty easy to just get match after match and grind the XP. Doing the challenges too just makes it all the quicker.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

About to hit Rift tier 50 here. I've 100% completed Tome pages 1-2, and I'm 8 nodes into page 3.

• SketchyPenguin
    SketchyPenguin Member Posts: 141

I started on Monday (I think with 39 days left) and played for like 3 hours and already got to 5, so I guess it's really going well :D

I think this tome is different since you can start from different positions instead of only one. You won't be forced to play a role you don't want to (At least on Page 1). But it's true, we got more missions that can't be completed in one game.

I just wished, that we could activate a Killer and a Survivor quest. So many wasted opportunities where I forgot to switch the challenge

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Not good. I've been held back by the release of Maneater and struggling with the EGC hook challenge. I'm only at tier 27 and will probably to have to really grind in order to get close to finishing the Rift.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

Finished it a few days ago, did also all the Challenges so far. Saving BPs does not really make sense for me, since I have to grind Characters anyway. And if I use my Challenges to grind Adam or Cheryl or Oni or Pyramid Head is not really a difference.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited June 2020

I think i'm at like...

Tier 14 or something? I'll be honest, I don't really do the challenges.

Don't get me wrong, i'll grind a Battle Pass or whatever you want to call it. But every one so far has had nothing I want. I don't buy them until I have practically maxed them out which I have yet to do, or want them from the start, which has yet to happen. But nothing stands out.

So many cosmetics released. And even more to come. Which annoys me to no end. And don't take it personal. DBD isn't the only one at fault.

Battle Pass Era Gaming.

• Gomolazoli
    Gomolazoli Member Posts: 336

I’m at about 63 with insta buying 20 tiers. Had to do my exams littearly 2 days before the rift released so wanted a headstart just in case. Also coudn’t wait for the Legion costume that was only 7 tiers ahead this way.

• Gomolazoli
    Gomolazoli Member Posts: 336

Silent Hill most likelly comes with a BP booster too. I had like 800k points but said fork it and spent it all on an already lvl 50 Laurie so that I have decent perks on her now. 2 weeks is a long ass time. I usually make a million BP just in 2 days.

• BloodMoneyMerc
    BloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 477

I'm at 60 right now. The grind is super slow when you finish all the challenges, but by the time tome 4 comes out I should finish easily.

• hagling
    hagling Member Posts: 279

tier 63 without buying any.

I'm actually a little sad I might have it fully completed before I dig into level 4 but I dooo really want the glowy tier 70 charm so at least there's that.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

Tier 39 for me. I’m aiming to get at least a level a day now, which should put me on track to finishing the rift, assuming I don’t do level 4 Tomes

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited June 2020

Only level 25.

Was away for a few weeks.

Only been back a couple of days and halfway through the part 2 challenges.

This morning was productive:

Was happy to unexpectedly DESTROY a SWF looper squad to get the 3 silver emblems achievement.

Then played the bad guy as a camping Wraith in order to get the Territorial Imperative basement achievement.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,933
    edited June 2020

Made it to tier 62.

• StutteringSpartan
    StutteringSpartan Member Posts: 254

Finished Tome 3 yesterday.

Do dailies once a day and by the time time 4 is out should be easily done

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

Tier 43.

Done more than half of level 3 challenges. I'm trying to grind 17.5 tiers or more at every new level. I think it's going well, I can make it in time.

• Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459

Tier 33.

I have 10 unclaimed level 1 challenges and 11 unclaimed level 2 challenges so that's about 9 tiers I get when I finally claim them. Almost done with level 3 survivor path and I'm also going to save as much as I can from this level in case I want to buy the silent hill chapter. The last 2 tomes left me with about 4 levels to grind xp after doing everything so that's probably going to happen this time too.

• Kurrmiu
    Kurrmiu Member Posts: 23

I have many level 3 challenges unclaimed and some killer ones to do still

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

I got to tier 70 two days ago and have all challenges done.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906

I'm on level 35, but I've already completed level 1 and 2 (except for legion challenges) and didn't redeem some of the challenges (saving BPs for next chapter.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Calculated that with my saved fragments, I have T70! Yay me!

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

Tier 0 cause I haven't played this game in nearly a year and just decided to awaken from my slumber.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Been lacking on the work, I'm near tier 20, got to pick it up.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

29 tiers to go well crap, personally I think some of the survivor ones are a bit tough

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

I'm only at 17. This one is tough because of the challenge requirements, a lot if them have to be done in one trial, which for me is a challenge in itself. And even the quantity of some requirements are a chore to get (25 silver emblems??)

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 324

Tier 30 did all survivor challenges on level 1 and 2 still working on level 3 survivor. Almost got all killer challenges from level 1 and some from level 2. Have been trying the hardest challenges first so I'll catch up with the grindy ones. I have my eye on that beautiful legion mask.😎

• Tricks

That Legion mask is cool, put it on and it changes any skin to female. It's way more than one outfit.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I'm 61 little behind @Aven_Fallen beat me to it so I'm sad

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,933

The Legion outfit is one of the reasons I bought the premium pass (Kate's hair is awesomeas well).

• LethalPugy
    LethalPugy Member Posts: 493

I’m almost complete but i’m not cashing in challenges cause i’ll use them to level up the new characters. I think I’m at like 55 and i roughly get 4 levels a day. So roughly 4 days. 😎😎

• SpiderTash
    SpiderTash Member Posts: 26

I ignore it, as you said it is just a boring grind and I would rather play and have fun.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

66 have all the challenges done.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

I haven't tried at all. I'm at tier 10 lol I haven't touched the game in a bit.

• Tricks

Just completed rift rank 70 and now I'm like sooooo what next. . . lol. I just kept grinding and grinding worrying I wasn't going to have enough time to finish it being a part time gamer at best.

Just saving up bp for SH now. I keep hitting 1 mil and having to dump 100k into whoever I think needs it at the time then get to 1 mil again, wash, rinse and repeat till next chapter release.