The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

An idea to stop camping

Ok you know what I'm sick of seeing all these threads asking to punish the killer for camping and I propose an idea to help stop it. How about instead of punishing the killer for staying near we reward him for leaving. Maybe give him a slightly faster movement speed for like 10 or 20 seconds or maybe more bloodpoints for staying away from the hook. That way the killers will only camp when it's necessary which is basically when the survivor is hooked right next to an open door and his teammates are really close. There we reward the killer for leaving and if they stay at the hook they gain nothing extra no punishments and no reward except that one kill that they get for sticking around. Also to everyone saying theres no counter to camping just focus on the gens and save if you have borrowed time. There a simple solution to help stop camping. If you have any feedback I'll be happy to have a friendly discussion

Comments

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    We already do reward the killer for leaving woth Devour Hope, Make Your Choice and BBQ and Chili
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    We already do reward the killer for leaving woth Devour Hope, Make Your Choice and BBQ and Chili
     True but I'm talking about a mechanic not a perk. And while I usually run MYC or bbq some players dont own those perks also totem spots are a little bad right now so I've personally never found success with Devour hope
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    edited September 2018
    I have to agree that those perks do provide an incentive and reward the killer; however they are meant to reinforce that  play style. This cannot be  said  4  Killers not  running these perks . As it is right now killers are forced to make a choice to stay nearby and Chase The Rescuer or head out and search hopefully finding someone before the save. It's a question of risk versus reward and unfortunately right now it seems a little more rewarding to stay nearby and possibly get two survivors compared to one hook and searching. 

Personally I prefer to go on the hunt as standing there is kind of boring, but I do see the Merit for people who aren't particularly good at chasing down survivors.
    Hopefully as the devs add new content and objectives we will see a decline in camping play styles
  • PhantomMask20763
    I have to agree that those perks do provide an incentive and reward the killer; however they are meant to reinforce that  play style. This cannot be  said  4  Killers not  running these perks . As it is right now killers are forced to make a choice to stay nearby and Chase The Rescuer or head out and search hopefully finding someone before the save. It's a question of risk versus reward and unfortunately right now it seems a little more rewarding to stay nearby and possibly get two survivors compared to one hook and searching. 

Personally I prefer to go on the hunt as standing there is kind of boring, but I do see the Merit for people who aren't particularly good at chasing down survivors.
    Hopefully as the devs add new content and objectives we will see a decline in camping play styles
    Exactly I also prefer going out and hunting other survivors but if I cant find anyone I return to check on the hook and boom an immersed claudette crouching in the grass next to a tree thinking I dont see her
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I suggested faster progression the further away a Killer is from the hook (starting after a certain radius), but Survivors shot it down. They just don't want Killers to be rewarded for playing in the way that they want, for some reason.

• PhantomMask20763
    Orion said:

I suggested faster progression the further away a Killer is from the hook (starting after a certain radius), but Survivors shot it down. They just don't want Killers to be rewarded for playing in the way that they want, for some reason.

That sounds like a great idea!!! So like the father you are from the hook the faster the progression is? I also think that if a survivor is hooked and the killer is far gens should go considerably slower
  • Orion

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    That sounds like a great idea!!! So like the father you are from the hook the faster the progression is? I also think that if a survivor is hooked and the killer is far gens should go considerably slower

That's the gist of it - go past a certain radius, and the Entity progression is faster and speeds up more the further you are from the hook. This would put pressure on the Survivors to rescue, as opposed to putting pressure on the Killer to prevent rescues, and reward Killers for leaving the hook.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@TheHourMan said:

Devour hope - a hex lul
    Make your choice - gives exposed notification to survivor, but doesnt even light up when in proper range
    BBQ - the amount of times I have been blamed for camping while runing around with 4 BBQ stacks..... :lol:

• Orion

@Tsulan said:
    Survivors don't want the killer to stop camping. They want the devs to punish camping. There's a difference. 
    Devs gave us BBQ. Yet survivors hate it and convinced the devs to nerf the aura reading. 
    Since it's bad, when the killer leaves the hook to get someone else. 

They want the killer to feel even more pressure. Make it as unenjoyable as possible to play killer. Because in their twisted minds,  that's a good thing. Killers should regret playing killer. At least according to them.

I know all this. I've said similar things for a long time, but "bothsiderism" is prevalent in the minds of many people here, who conveniently ignore that the two sides are not equal in their actions because it doesn't feed into their delusional point of view.

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

@Orion said:

Didn't they try this and survivors just looped near the hook forever getting more time for the save?

Plus that would severely harm end game camping when the gates are open. Its bad enough having to wait 2 minutes for the last second borrowed time save when the gates are visible from the hook.

• Orion

@ToastfaceKilla said:

@Orion said:

Didn't they try this and survivors just looped near the hook forever getting more time for the save?

Plus that would severely harm end game camping when the gates are open. Its bad enough having to wait 2 minutes for the last second borrowed time save when the gates are visible from the hook.

Faster progression when the Killer leaves the hook past a certain radius, with normal progression inside that radius. They tried slower progression within a certain radius of the hook, with normal progression when the Killer left it.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Tsulan said:
    Orion said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

That's the gist of it - go past a certain radius, and the Entity progression is faster and speeds up more the further you are from the hook. This would put pressure on the Survivors to rescue, as opposed to putting pressure on the Killer to prevent rescues and reward Killers for leaving the hook.

Survivors don't want the killer to stop camping. They want the devs to punish camping. There's a difference. 
    Devs gave us BBQ. Yet survivors hate it and convinced the devs to nerf the aura reading. 
    Since it's bad when the killer leaves the hook to get someone else. 

They want the killer to feel even more pressure. Make it as unenjoyable as possible to play the killer. Because in their twisted minds,  that's a good thing. Killers should regret playing the killer. At least according to them.

When I initially started playing Dead by Daylight I had thought that I'd only play as a survivor. After all, "Only a psychopath, would get enjoyment from murdering a bunch of strangers!" Then I learned about the Daily Rituals and how they don't care which side you picked and give you "challenges" for whomever. After a while, I started to enjoy killer and in the present day, I play killer a fair amount, somedays I play more killer than survivor. While I had my epiphany ("Respect the killers as they just want to play the game just like you") I highly doubt the majority of other survivors have had the same epiphany.

The main reason for this is just a fault of the genre. I look at Youtube and one trend in the horror genre you'll see real quick is that everyone hates the monsters. In Slender the Arrival nearly every Youtuber I watched swore excessively at the Proxy upon encountering it and this is a trend that can be seen across most horror games. To be fair, in most of those scenarios the monster is just emotionless bits of code that don't hear or feel and simply absorb the hate. Dead by Daylight is different in this regard as the monster is a living, breathing player that hears the anger and feels the hate. Yet despite this fact, people still dump salt upon killer mains purely because they can. I can't blame the survivor mains really. When you search Dead by Daylight on Youtube you will be met with a number of different videos. Regardless of what you click through, there's a rather high chance that you will be directed to Noob3 and Ochido's channels relatively quickly. This is how new players see our game, two toxic cretins that have been banned, but the noobs don't know that.

On a side note, I find it funny that two of the more well-known Youtubers; Jacksepticeye, and Markiplier both demonstrate a fondness for camping(Markiplier) and Tunneling(Jacksepticeye).

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

@Peasant said:
    Regardless of what you click through, there's a rather high chance that you will be directed to Noob3 and Ochido's channels relatively quickly. This is how new players see our game, two toxic cretins that have been banned, but the noobs don't know that.

On a side note, I find it funny that two of the more well-known Youtubers; Jacksepticeye, and Markiplier both demonstrate a fondness for camping(Markiplier) and Tunneling(Jacksepticeye).

So you just promote youtubers you like by telling someone else is "worst thing ever"? rly dud?

ps: I have no problem with Noob3, watch his videos and never see him toxic, although he always mentions it :D you have some problem?

• Peasant

@Sarief said:

@Peasant said:
    Regardless of what you click through, there's a rather high chance that you will be directed to Noob3 and Ochido's channels relatively quickly. This is how new players see our game, two toxic cretins that have been banned, but the noobs don't know that.

So you just promote youtubers you like by telling someone else is "worst thing ever"? rly dud?

ps: I have no problem with Noob3, watch his videos and never see him toxic, although he always mentions it :D you have some problem?

Eh, I'm just disappointed that Youtube recommends Ochido who is loud, toxic, and annoying to new players instead of Tyde Time, for example (who despite complaining, a lot) gives overall sound advice and makes good guides.

I apologize for grouping Noob3 in with Ochido as a toxic cretin. I personally don't watch his content but I do recall that he committed ban evasion multiple times which isn't exactly a shining recommendation. Though I suppose he's no AngryPug.

• Orion
    edited September 2018

@Peasant said:

Support small streamers if you don't like toxic ones. I always hear this complaint that streamers are toxic, but then nobody supports small non-toxic streamers. You keep watching their videos, giving them free advertisement through word of mouth, and so on.

If toxic pays off more easily than the alternatives, that's what most people are gonna do.

• Peasant

@Orion said:

@Peasant said:

Support small streamers if you don't like toxic ones. I always hear this complaint that streamers are toxic, but then nobody supports small non-toxic streamers. You keep watching their videos, giving them free advertisement through word of mouth, and so on.

If toxic is what pays off more easily than the alternatives, that's what most people are gonna do.

I try to watch non-toxic small streamers. However, due to Youtube's algorithm even if 1000 people started supporting non-toxic channels the algorithm would still recommend the toxic channels because of their compilations.

• Orion
    edited September 2018

@Peasant said:

@Orion said:

@Peasant said:

If toxic is what pays off more easily than the alternatives, that's what most people are gonna do.

I try to watch non-toxic small streamers. However, due to Youtube's algorithm even if 1000 people started supporting non-toxic channels the algorithm would still recommend the toxic channels because of their compilations.

Watching, following/subscribing, etc., isn't enough. Support comes in the form of helping them make videos (personally, I have one guy making videos, and he's been too busy with real-life issues to work on the channel for over a year), helping moderate the channels, advertising (through word-of-mouth), and so on.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

@Peasant said:

@Orion said:

@Peasant said:

You help the process by talking up the good guys and never saying a word about the bad guys. The web remembers every word that's said, and counts which ones show up the most.

How often to I mention Ochido vs Lefty? I never actually counted, but I would bet I talk 10X more about Lefty than when I mention he who must not be named. I do this on purpose, I avoid mentioning the ones I dislike because I don't want the web-crawlers picking them up and putting them into the algorithms.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

But why stop camping?
    It's completely allowed.

• PhantomMask20763

@Boss said:
    But why stop camping?
    It's completely allowed.

Yeah I know it's allowed it's just people complain about it too much and their way to fix it is always punish the killer for camping never reward him for leaving. So my idea would just give killers who don't really enjoy camping another reason to leave. Just my personal opinion though

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited September 2018

@PhantomMask20763 said:

@Boss said:
    But why stop camping?
    It's completely allowed.

Yeah I know it's allowed it's just people complain about it too much and their way to fix it is always punish the killer for camping never reward him for leaving. So my idea would just give killers who don't really enjoy camping another reason to leave. Just my personal opinion though

Oh i see now, my bad. Forgive me! :'(
    I rarely camp, so of course i'd be all for buffing myself like that.
    And the devs do want to make camping less appealing, so making the one thing more appealing instead of making the other thing less appealing sounds nice.

EDIT: I kinda wish that what you described in the post would actually be a buff to Devour Hope.
    Y'know, instead of getting a 5% increase for 10 seconds, you'd get a 5% boost as long as you're far away from hooked Survivors. (Can't get 5% if no one's hooked.)

• PhantomMask20763

@Boss said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

@Boss said:
    But why stop camping?
    It's completely allowed.

Oh i see now, my bad. Forgive me! :'(
    I rarely camp, so of course i'd be all for buffing myself like that.
    And the devs do want to make camping less appealing, so making the one thing more appealing instead of making the other thing less appealing sounds nice.

Yeah I want to buff myself too

• goldseeker22
    goldseeker22 Member Posts: 75

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    Ok you know what I'm sick of seeing all these threads asking to punish the killer for camping and I propose an idea to help stop it. How about instead of punishing the killer for staying near we reward him for leaving. Maybe give him a slightly faster movement speed for like 10 or 20 seconds or maybe more bloodpoints for staying away from the hook. That way the killers will only camp when it's necessary which is basically when the survivor is hooked right next to an open door and his teammates are really close. There we reward the killer for leaving and if they stay at the hook they gain nothing extra no punishments and no reward except that one kill that they get for sticking around. Also to everyone saying theres no counter to camping just focus on the gens and save if you have borrowed time. There a simple solution to help stop camping. If you have any feedback I'll be happy to have a friendly discussion

i understand what ur saying. i totally agree. however u gotta look at it from a slightly diffrent angle.
    the best way to prevent camping. is makeing sure its not worth MORE than leaving the hook.
    the diffrence... if it takes a killer 3 minutes of chacing 1 survivor. he doesnt want that survivor to be unhooked and fully healed within 30 seconds.
    this is the main reason when i camp. it taking so long to catch someone that is experienced only for him to get free in no time.

in other words: looping is what causes camping.
    and looping happens cause its fun and rewarding for survivors. 1 change could be that its no longer rewarding as much.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

@PhantomMask20763 said:

Its not the killers fault for camping. Camping is a made up word by survivor players to excuse themselves from farming each other off hooks like points, say you're running BBQ and get 0 survivor auras working on any of the gens outside of that hook, that basically lets the killer know that all 3 of them are camping at the hook waiting to get blood points from the save....THERES NO REASON TO COMPLETELY ABANDON THE HOOK AT THIS POINT BECAUSE NONE OF THE SURVIVORS ARE DOING GENS!!!

The only people camping are survivors...camping each other. You see it constantly, 2 or 3 survivors hiding right by the hook and racing each other to go for the save, so with whats coming it should stop that because if you're in the terror radius or too close to the killer this coming patch you're going to get punished for making an unsafe save which = less points in altruism. As a matter of fact the new survivors perk will only give you its effect after you perform a "Safe Unhook". Its a good mechanics change. Survivors shouldn't camp each other causing the killer to have to hard camp a hook. Survivors also shouldn't be running hard loops around the person thats hooked (literally had this last game where a ming literally did all of her pallet loops right next to the person that was on the hook....why the hell would you do that and spook anyone from making the save? You literally forced your team mate into the struggle phase for no reason because you couldn't just pull me into a chase AWAY from the hook?!?! Its not like I'm going after anyone but you, the other person is on the hook.....so....run me away?

I stick by my statement. Survivors kill each other more than I ever could as a killer main, and I play pig....which is literally the anti camping killer in this game, she can get away with completely ignoring unhooks after a trap....so if I'm ever camping, that means survivors are ######### up ROYALLY!

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

@DemonDaddy said:

Some killers are bad at the hunt though. People always get on leatherface for being campy...but he literally can't help it some times. The dude is basic. Its all about pressure and time in this game, and he controls neither of those aspects. If he hooks someone...ok then what? What other pressure does he have to shift a chase within the next 60 seconds of hooking someone? He doesn't have traps of any sort, he can't teleport across the map, he doesn't have some aura that shuts down your ability to stealth and makes people scream, and he doesn't have stealth to make people question where he is giving him an opening to catch someone who thought it was safe to move/be less hidden. He can 1 shot down someone but that requires him to be on top of them already at which point the chase has started.

On top of this, they don't give killers enough perks to deal with time, so even if leatherface wanted to play similar to pig or trapper or hag and shift his pressure away from a hook, there's not enough perks to shift the time of gen rushing and other aspects over. So he basically has to constantly be on top of survivors in extremely short chases to be effective because he has no presence anywhere else.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

the one anti camping threat i can actually vote up instead of LOL...
    at least there is someone out there, who shares the same thoughts as I :D

• Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264
    Implement bbq and chilli as part of the base game.
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@PhantomMask20763 said:

just dc its that simple before the killer can hook you

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Spiritbx said:
    Implement bbq and chilli as part of the base game.

no bad boi then were gonna live forever has to have a buff and be added into the base game

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    People bad at chase will most likely camp to at least get 1k or engage in a chase with the rescuer.
  • Dabrownman1812

@DemonDaddy said:

Some killers are bad at the hunt though. People always get on leatherface for being campy...but he literally can't help it some times. The dude is basic. Its all about pressure and time in this game, and he controls neither of those aspects. If he hooks someone...ok then what? What other pressure does he have to shift a chase within the next 60 seconds of hooking someone? He doesn't have traps of any sort, he can't teleport across the map, he doesn't have some aura that shuts down your ability to stealth and makes people scream, and he doesn't have stealth to make people question where he is giving him an opening to catch someone who thought it was safe to move/be less hidden. He can 1 shot down someone but that requires him to be on top of them already at which point the chase has started.

On top of this, they don't give killers enough perks to deal with time, so even if leatherface wanted to play similar to pig or trapper or hag and shift his pressure away from a hook, there's not enough perks to shift the time of gen rushing and other aspects over. So he basically has to constantly be on top of survivors in extremely short chases to be effective because he has no presence anywhere else.

Sucks for them, that's up to the player. I 4k with freddy, 9 seconds to sleep due to photo. Freddy has nothing for chase. I disagree on killers power forcing it and I believe it's more about time. Gens get done so fast. Not many perks to actually effectively slow the game down.
  • Dabrownman1812

@PhantomMask20763 said:

Its not the killers fault for camping. Camping is a made up word by survivor players to excuse themselves from farming each other off hooks like points, say you're running BBQ and get 0 survivor auras working on any of the gens outside of that hook, that basically lets the killer know that all 3 of them are camping at the hook waiting to get blood points from the save....THERES NO REASON TO COMPLETELY ABANDON THE HOOK AT THIS POINT BECAUSE NONE OF THE SURVIVORS ARE DOING GENS!!!

The only people camping are survivors...camping each other. You see it constantly, 2 or 3 survivors hiding right by the hook and racing each other to go for the save, so with whats coming it should stop that because if you're in the terror radius or too close to the killer this coming patch you're going to get punished for making an unsafe save which = less points in altruism. As a matter of fact the new survivors perk will only give you its effect after you perform a "Safe Unhook". Its a good mechanics change. Survivors shouldn't camp each other causing the killer to have to hard camp a hook. Survivors also shouldn't be running hard loops around the person thats hooked (literally had this last game where a ming literally did all of her pallet loops right next to the person that was on the hook....why the hell would you do that and spook anyone from making the save? You literally forced your team mate into the struggle phase for no reason because you couldn't just pull me into a chase AWAY from the hook?!?! Its not like I'm going after anyone but you, the other person is on the hook.....so....run me away?

I stick by my statement. Survivors kill each other more than I ever could as a killer main, and I play pig....which is literally the anti camping killer in this game, she can get away with completely ignoring unhooks after a trap....so if I'm ever camping, that means survivors are [BAD WORD] up ROYALLY!

Also for bbq, the range is 40 meters and greater which isn't small, someone could not be going for save just in range to not be detected and killer camps cause of a missing person in range, camping puts killer at disadvantage and shouldn't be done unless gates are open or for the noob meyers camping to get off dying light. I do agree over altruism is a problem but it's not ridiculous like no auras go off on bbq. Especially with the 2.0 aura change people can hide from bbq.
  • PhantomMask20763

@DemonDaddy said:

Sucks for them, that's up to the player. I 4k with freddy, 9 seconds to sleep due to photo. Freddy has nothing for chase. I disagree on killers power forcing it and I believe it's more about time. Gens get done so fast. Not many perks to actually effectively slow the game down.
    Exactly, the reason looping is so effective is because it wastes the killers time. And what is the killers greatest weakness? Time management, sometimes as killer you never have enough time to get anything done. I had a game where I couldn't find anyone and by the time I found someone there were already three gens done. There simply isnt enough time sometimes and if there were more perks to slow down the game effectively or maybe even a mechanic playing killer would feel less like an overwatch game 
  • Tazare
    Tazare Member Posts: 39

Faster movement speed for 10-20 seconds wont really stop camping, people would just go look around for that time then come straight back, i think people either camp because they are mad at the player or dont think they can get another kill before all gens are done, i think gens should be fixed before camping as all gens can be done in less than 4 minutes right now.

I dont really think camping is too much of a problem really, since all the other survivors should just focus gens then escape, sure its really frustrating for the survivor, but if the killer only kills one person by camping and everyone focusing on gens just escapes the killer will probably lose a pip or barely get one or non so the killer already gets punished for camping straight off the bat since it costs them gens.

I think the way to fix camping would just be increasing the entity progression time, id say for a survivor being hooked first time the sacrifice speed is doubled so 4 minutes to kill, so if they camp straight away theyve basically lost the game because 4 minutes is a long time, though if the survivor is unhooked before the struggle phase, on their next hook its 1 minute to kill like normal.

But thats kinda buffing survivors so id say the devs should fix the genrushing crap then add the idea for 4 minutes on first hook because theres no point buffing survivors without nerfing the gens, devs should prioritise fixing the gens rather than whatever they are doing now, i think on their last q and a they said something bout making endgame faster and making totems harder to see, its like they are oblivious to the balance of the game, i think they mentioned something bout secondary objectives but it was just a crazy idea and may not be added or something. Dont quote me on that.

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

@TheHourMan said:

I had to comment because I feel this is an ignorant statement. Devour Hope sucks. Why? Because it's a useless totem perk built around worthless RNG aspects. A survivor can cleanse this perk in <30 seconds.

And I'm sorry to say this and I don't mean any offense by this, but survivors that complain about BBQ just aren't very good at this game. If you play survivor knowing killers are running BBQ and Leatherface trucks his chubby butt across the map and mows you down, you deserve to be hooked. The only reason I (and a bunch of other killers) even run this perk is for the BP bonus. You can see a huge skill gap between (good) survivors at rank 1 and rank 10 just by running BBQ. BBQ just isn't that good of a perk against survivors with a drop of common sense.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

As far as i know there are already things that help killers "not camp" even though the devs say nearly every damn stream it is perfectly fine. BBQ and Devour Hope ones a hex so that one is juts useless and there is BBQ which every survivors wants to be completely trashed. Deal with camping if you dont want to dont play. Just like how killers deal with looping and DS until it gets nerfed. Deal with it. Simple.

• PhantomMask20763
    Global said:

As far as i know there are already things that help killers "not camp" even though the devs say nearly every damn stream it is perfectly fine. BBQ and Devour Hope ones a hex so that one is juts useless and there is BBQ which every survivors wants to be completely trashed. Deal with camping if you dont want to dont play. Just like how killers deal with looping and DS until it gets nerfed. Deal with it. Simple.

I've been playing this game for 2 years now, I've dealt with camping and will continue to when I play survivor. I play more killer than survivor too
  • TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    iceman2kx said:

@TheHourMan said:

I had to comment because I feel this is an ignorant statement. Devour Hope sucks. Why? Because it's a useless totem perk built around worthless RNG aspects. A survivor can cleanse this perk in <30 seconds.

And I'm sorry to say this and I don't mean any offense by this, but survivors that complain about BBQ just aren't very good at this game. If you play survivor knowing killers are running BBQ and Leatherface trucks his chubby butt across the map and mows you down, you deserve to be hooked. The only reason I (and a bunch of other killers) even run this perk is for the BP bonus. You can see a huge skill gap between (good) survivors at rank 1 and rank 10 just by running BBQ. BBQ just isn't that good of a perk against survivors with a drop of common sense.

In the hands of a skilled killer, BBQ is very good. Especially with Billy and Nurse. Granted, I only use i for BP too, but in the right hnds, it is very dangerous. 

Devour hope works for me more often than not, and people will be a little more wary of totems after Haunting Grounds is in the game.

And Make Your Choice, though rarely used by killers, is a solid way to encourage distancing yourself from survivors for a quick double down.

The fact of the matter is that since we brought skill level into the convo, you have to take into account killer skill too. A skilled killer will never camp and early hook unless it is being swarmed. Lastnight there were two survivors looping me right next to a hook and there was only one person working on gens. They got pissed and accused me of facecamping when I downed and rehooked the survivor, then downed one of them and hooked them on the same hook, then downed the third one and hooked them. That was entirely their own fault and they should have not looped there like idiots. If it were left up to me, I would have just left the hook and looked for more survivors, but swarming forced me to stay there and chase.