How to slow gen progression

Okay so if you watched King's video, you would know that the devs are figuring out a way to make the beginning of the game slower. My idea doesn't necessarily slow the beginning, but more the whole match in general.

Okay so picture this. Each generator, instead of them being connected to the exits wirelessly. Because that's what they are right now. They have cables that go to the exits. Each cable is under the floor so you cant see them, but when you complete a generator, you see a white aura of the cable, far away from your location. To activate the generator and to connect it to the exit, you have to reattach the cable together. Every cable starts unattached. So when you get to the cable, you start an animation which you pull the cable together and boom the generator is now activated and is counted towards the generator completion. Once you do this, the killer now sees the white aura, and can come and disconnect the cable. So this killer has a choice to chase survivors, protect generators, or disconnect the generators. When the killer disconnects the generator, it doesnt completely regress the gen, the survivor can just come back to the cable and reconnect it. So say that you have all 5 gens done, but only 4 cables are connected, it will only count 4 gens towards the total gens done. So say you get all 5 gens done, you connect all the cables. But because 7 gens spawn on the map, 7 cables are available. Now the exits are being powered by the generators, via these cables. So you get on the exit, the killer can go to a cable and disconnect it and the exit gate unpowers. And because there are 7 cables, you only need 5 cables attached to power the exits. This way, the killer can't camp the cable to stop the exits from being powered.

Sorry if this is really complicated, it made really good sense in my head. It makes sense that the exits are powered by the gens via cables and not wireless. I feel like this would really make the game a little slower and stop gens from popping left right and centre. Please give your input and let me know what you think

Comments