Leatherface needs a serious rework

hanibel
hanibel Member Posts: 164

He's pathetic worthless only good for is camping like the unfun killer he is he need a rework the prevents him from being able to camp and multi down if its a trade sure id be fine with that but if hes able to eat away at bt and hit the person again to down them thats bs leatherface is an extremely unfun killer to play as and against and nothing will change my mind on them

Comments

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

This is how a Leatherface Main can be.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Bubba cries reading this. He knows he is better than just a "camping killer" and can destroy teams at red ranks. He would like you to reverse your statement please.

• magicmaster2020
    magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 499

I've actually destroyed a team of red ranks with only 3 perks and no camping. And I have barely played him.

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

I mean, I do agree his power needs adjusting, since his is the only power that requires the killer to be right behind the survivor to use it. But I have vs'd a few Bubbas that can be very intimidating with very basic perks.

But yeah, his power does need tweaking

• Kate_cx
    Kate_cx Member Posts: 181

I believe the developers confirmed somewhere that Clown is getting reworked and Bubba is eventually going to be looked at. So maybe after the Clown rework we will see possible news on Bubba's situation.

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184
    edited June 2020

No way that was me!!! Bubbas like me got o do what they got a do

• LegionOfDumb
    LegionOfDumb Member Posts: 623

They've at least mentioned the add ons for both Bubba and Hillbilly will be looked at in the future (Seriously, how does a quieter chainsaw help when you have to be right BEHIND someone to use it?!?!). Whether or not this means Bubba will get a full power rework is up for debate.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

Ive read something about to quit slowing process while throwing bottles on this PTB i think. You know what it mean?

Clown will go with the list of killers that devs have no way to fix with legion and bubba.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

Bubba quality of life would be he doesnt slowdown but if they do so I will lose my faith on a real rework like freddy for this killer.

• Kate_cx
    Kate_cx Member Posts: 181

They did balance the Clown by making him no longer slowdown while throwing bottles in the PTB, yes. However this could heavily suggest that there is a rework coming so I wouldn't have a pessimistic view that Clown can never be fixed because I do see a lot of potential for him.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

He’s obviously the best killer to use if you want to deny somebody being saved but he’s so much more than that. He’s one of my favourite killers to play as and against. His ability to down several survivors is so satisfying when you pull it off.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

They should get rid of his slow down while revving in exchange for getting the same effect as hitting an object when he downs with his chainsaw. That way, he can get a down easier, but can't camp the basement so hard that it's legit impossible to save anyone.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Since his chainsaw takes so long to rev up, I think they need to either get rid of the slowdown, or at the very least reduce the pause that he has when hitting an object with the chainsaw. At the very least that pause should be the same length as the hillbilly.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,363

Managed to get a double down yesterday on the last 2 survivors. Downed one, only to see the other one crouched nearby with a flashlight...so just kept going forward, lol.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

He’s perfect for moments like that. I remember when I got an accidental down as I chainsawed somebody near an exit gate and a survivor must have been trying to run past me and also got hit, but I didn’t even see it happen, I just heard it. Only to turn around and find a Feng lay on the floor.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

So you're saying that you should make an overpowered killer stronger. Although he isnt a powerful killer, once he has someone downed, he can just rev his chainsaw right in front of someone on the hook. What I think they should do is make the chainsaw only revvable for 15 seconds at a time, with a 5 second cool down to prevent facecamping. I only say this because this is how almost every bubba plays. That's what overpowered about him. He can facecamp without repercussion, plus if someone goes for the save, it gives him two hooks at one time, reducing progression of the game by 50%. This rework would be one of the best ways to go, as it doesn't weaken his already mediocre power, while preventing scummy facecampers. Idk if anyone has a better idea, but if you do let me know.

• hillbillyclaudmain69

How though? As I said I am open to others ideas, however I dont understand how it would make him worse. Ik bubbas a weak killer, however his ability to facecamp makes him overpowered. Remove that, and he isnt annoying to go up against as survivor. I'm a survivor main, and I know how boring it is to have no chance to live. Btw dont call me an entitled survivor main, because I'm not. I do care about killers. They should get rid of facecamping, and buff his power in a way that isnt scummy, but makes him fun to go up against, like hillbilly or demo, and fun to play as, like hillbilly and ghostface. I'm a hillbilly main when I do play killer, and I personally think that he's the most fun out of all of the killers to play as/against. Making leatherface more like him would be a good change. Make him more fun. Its not fun to facecamp as killer, and isn't fun to go up against as survivor, which is why I hate leatherface in his current state.

• lunaticlifter
    lunaticlifter Member Posts: 426

Honestly a nice buff would be increasing his speed while charging his chainsaw, form 86% up to 100%, and removing the accelleration mechanic... then his power would be viable at loops, and since he's a oneshot killer, he'll be pretty damn scary, without being op.. as for camping.. well that's his strenght.. keep it in consideration devs @Peanits @Almo

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

All Bubba's are good for is camping. Sorry. maybe if he was more like the PLAGUE where she has to deal with FOUNTAINS to power-up this would be a good balance.

Instead of fountains. MAYBE a GAS CAN he has to pull OUT of a locker and refuel his chain saw. lol jk. plz dont flame 🤣

• hillbillyclaudmain69

Camping is a very boring way to play. You have to secure ONE kill with perks and an ability for downing multiple people. It takes the fun away, and without fun, whats the point in playing? You can't say rank either, because if you facecamp for a whole game, you will depip, even with a 4k. If they remove that ability, and replace it with lower charge time, more acceleration, and less of a tantrum time maybe, the game would be a lot more fun. I get at least six facecamping leatherface a day. That's why I hate the current state of leatherface. He sucks the fun out of a game. So tell me whats fun about face camping. Do people like to deny other people fun in a game? Do people find that fun? If someone does, they should not be playing the game. It isn't fair to the people who play to have fun.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

He just wants to be your friend. He’s tired of people leaving him after a match, so he now plays music with his Chainsaw to woo you into becoming friends with him.

• DSN512
    DSN512 Member Posts: 11

Even a tiny bit of lag makes him unbearable to play. You're right behind survivors, chainsawing and still not getting them. They can kite your chainsaw around trees and rocks. If you mess up, then you basically DS yourself and they get away.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

I feel as if he plays just a bit better than most killers lol

• Pigpen
    Pigpen Member Posts: 58

I watched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre when I was a kid and it scared the ######### out of my butt. Leatherface is the reason why I bought this game, he is one of my most played killers. I love him even though he is a bit on the weaker side. He definitely does not need a rework. Some add on changes and remove the slowdown while charging up his chainsaw and ole Bubba will be good to go. Also, when the chainsaw is fully charged give us a slight audio cue. I've dropped a fully charged chainsaw one too many times.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

If his add-ons got a tweak here and there, he'd be fine.

• CANxOFxCORN
    CANxOFxCORN Member Posts: 204

If you use an Insidious build bubba it definitely helps. If its not an SWF commonly I will hook 1, hide my body somewhat in the distance (Behind a wall, tree, ect.), but still within attack reach and head nodding sight, Insidious so they cant hear my heartbeat, and a Chainsaw file or Carburetor too reduce chainsaw noise, and sure enough here comes survivor #2, insta down both.

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463

I never understood why he tried to claim that build as his own, but yeah that combo is good.

• tixerp
    tixerp Member Posts: 270

Leatherface isn't bad, he's just so BORING. Theres 0 depth to his kit or addons. He's one of the most grounded in reality killers though, so I honestly don't know how they'd change him without going off track from the film. It's like if they took a lot of creative liberty to change and make Pyramid Head work in DBD, then Leatherface is the exact opposite. Like they decided to stay faithful 100%, even if he doesn't play well. It almost perfectly reflects him in the first film. He essentially instadowns a survivor, camps them, and waits till people are drawn into his home (basement).

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047
    edited June 2020

He does, but that don't change the fact.

He was the first person to start using it. It's also human nature to want to he remembered for something. Unfortunately he does not have the biggest following so I doubt that it will be recognized as his. That's a shame though because he was super excited for it.