The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

An easy way to escape when Kiler is camping the hatch

SanKa_Games
SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201
edited September 2018 in General Discussions

Hi there! Have you ever been in a situation when your team died and killer's camping the hatch? What did you do in such situation? You just went to the hatch creating a stand-off? If yes, then you were wrong. You could simply follow this simple instruction and get a lot of points too!
1)Make sure killer is not going to leave the hatch. If he does - go get your freedom!
2)Go find some gens, that are far enough from the killer. Find enough for you to activate the doors.
3)Repair a gen to 99%, so that killer won't know that you're repairing gens instead of looking for the hatch. If killer has Tinkerer, you should be very careful and try to escape as soon, as you activate it. You can also try going to the hatch in this case.
4) After you've 99%ed all of the needed gens, you can go and repeir them all. Don't be near them for a while, because the Killer is most likely going to search for you near them.
5)Hide for some time and follow the killer for some time to learn what they'll do next: patrol gates and hatch, patrol gates and not the hatch, continuw to camp the hatch.
6)If the killer is leaving the hatch you can escape without doing anything else. But you can try and complete Left Behind achievement if you don't have it.
7)If the killer is still camping the hatch or if killer's walks near it often, you should go to the doors that are closer to the jungle gym/pallet so that you can use them to get to the hatch if you fail to open the doors. Open these gates.
8)OPTIONAL If you want some more bloodpoints, you can try to open other gates and search for some totems. But it's not really fun for the killer to find out that you don't intend to escape, so don't stay for too long!

This way you can make such situation much more intense, usefful and interesting than a mere hatch stand-off. And I can prove you that it works!

P.S. It would look better in the Gameplay Guides section, but this is a solution of most hatch stand-offs, which should be seen by more people.

Comments

• michaelmyers87
    michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 458
    Lol old news 
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Or simply try to stack as many points as you can and then let the other win. This is preferable to the ridiculous hatch standoff 
  • Bastion
    Bastion Member Posts: 5

Just M1 them let them leave and play another game wgaf

• SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201

@michaelmyers87 said:
    Lol old news 

Considering amount of raging from R1 noobs...

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

I actually had a team that all of them died against a pretty decent Nurse. So 2 gens (one is 50%) i'm alone and i figured she would be camping the hatch. So using my quick thinking i 99% the almost finished one and remember in the coaltower the gen there wasn't finished so i went and repaired it. Quickly went back (running) to the 99% one popped it. She was one her way cause the gens were close but thank god for Adrenaline. So now Nurse knows where i am BUT using my 5 seconds of increased movement speed i ran to the hatch and escaped. This could've easily backfired because she had NOED.

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Just go AFK at the hatch.

Just kidding. I'll feel the other person out for a minute or two and give it up if they are adamant about it. Pips are useless and the minute amount of points aren't worth having a 10 minute stand off over. Bad game design and I'm not about to play that game.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Always slug the last 2 survivors :chuffed:

• Tazare
    Tazare Member Posts: 39

If killer camps hatch and they dont have a one shot ability just bait and/or take a hit then jump in, so they cant grab you out of the animation, its safer for them to hit you as they have to clean their weapon and you wont have to worry about unrelenting,

If you are the killer, you can pretend you dont see anything and just patrol around but not too far and wait until they run for the jump in then just grab them out the animation, the hatch standoff is easy for both sides, as survivor even if you are injured you can still take a hit then crawl and jump in if you are close enough, getting gens is uneeded