Devs, for the love of God, mute flashlight click sound.

Options

There is literally no reason for this sound to exist other than to irritate killer and BM him. You could get rid of a lot of toxicity in this game by simply muting the flashlight .

Comments

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

Use Franklin’s Demise and smack it out of their hand or just ignore it...

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002
    Options

Well, you’re wrong. Because if somebody tries to flashlight save from an angle you can’t actually see them from, it can let you know that they are there. The flashlight isn’t the problem, it’s the person using it.

What’s stopping them from constantly jumping in and out of lockers? It will cause the same problem and let’s be real, the loud noise indicator going off every second is more annoying and distracting than a click.

• jebbush
    jebbush Member Posts: 35
    Options

I do ignore it. This thread is for the devs. The devs should be clamping down on toxicity, not enabling it.

• jebbush
    Options

I'm not wrong. Trolls are always going to exist. There's no way to get rid of them. The devs job is to remove the tools trolls use to spoil the experience for other users. If someone tries to save from an out of sight angle, you will still see the light coming from the flashlight, so your argument is invalid.

As to your second point, the difference between rushing in and out of a locker and spamming flashlight is that if you're rushing in and out of a locker, you are making yourself vulnerable and you are wasting time that could be spent repairing gens. Whereas a flashlight, you can spam click with no risk whatsoever since it is quick. You can even do it midchase if there's enough space between you and the killer. This is a complete false equivalence.

• TheLastGreatStar
    Options

But how does the sound of a flashlight annoy you that much? If it’s really effecting your gaming experience that much then maybe you should think about stepping away for awhile.

I saw your reply to me that was deleted so I’ll respond now. You don’t always see the flashlight as some people seem to think aiming at the back of your head can blind you and that doesn’t always show you the beam of light. So I only know they are behind me because of the clicking noise.

My point still stands that hearing the constant explosions are more distracting and annoying than the clicking noise. Trolls will always exist on online games. You either have to put up with it or don’t play games online anymore. There will always be something new to be found that can be deemed as ‘toxic’ and that will never change when you’re playing with real people.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,644
    Options

Honestly, I like Flashlight Clickers. Most of them go down in a few seconds. Always amusing to see that someone tries to be like their favorite Youtuber, but only comes to Flashlight Clicking, not to Looping Skills.

• hagling
    hagling Member Posts: 279
    Options

devs for the love of satan pls develop a brown flashlight that only clicks.

• Dexn3ko0
    Dexn3ko0 Member Posts: 70
    Options

I agree with you had some occasions where a survivor flashlighted on the back or far side of my head during pick up. he found that flashlight in a chest so i was aware that there was a survivor going for fl saves only because of the click sound so the next time i downed someone i baited the pick up and got an easy hit.

• TheLastGreatStar
    Options

This.

I had it a few days ago with a Claudette. She would chase me whilst I chased her friends and it ended with all 4 of them being slugged and then hooked. I messaged her at the end of the match and asked if she had fun and she didn’t reply lol.

She brought a flashlight and an offering for Autohaven Wreckers.

• jebbush
    Options

It's a BM tool. You can assign a macro to it. It shouldn't exist, period. I have never been blinded or blinded a killer by a flashlight by aiming it at the back of their head. In my 2000+ hours of experience in this game, I have never seen that. And even if that were true, hearing the flashlight click wouldn't make a difference anyway. If the survivor timed it right, you will just be instantly blinded as soon as the survivor pickup animation is complete. Your argument is simply invalid.

I've already addressed the locker point. Players can safely spam flashlight clicks, not so much with lockers. And if they are spamming with lockers, you should be happy because it means they are wasting time rather than repairing gens. And just because trolls always exist doesn't mean Behavior should cater to those trolls by leaving in tools that trolls constantly exploit. Some games are much more toxic than others. Go play a game like Deep Rock Galactic, there are practically 0 trolls in that game. But in this game it is infested with trolls. Because the devs leave tools for trolls to abuse, thus creating an environment where trolls flourish. There is no reason for the flashlight clicking sound to exist.

• TheLastGreatStar
    Options

What are you talking about? You can even read the replies to this thread as somebody else has even said they have also had survivors try to blind them from behind. So, no, it isn’t something I’m making up. I’m not interested in how long you’ve played this game for, there’s plenty of people that find flashlights and have no idea what you do with them. Also, I wouldn’t be instantly blinded if I’m being hit in THE BACK OF MY HEAD. It does nothing, except alert me of somebody else’s presence behind me. Which then, after hooking let’s me know where to find somebody else.

Once again, if a flashlight clicking offends you so much. Simply play something else. It really shouldn’t be getting to you this much. It does nothing to alter your gameplay in any way.

• jebbush
    Options

If you're playing against survivors who don't even know that they have to blind you from the front, then you shouldn't worry about them anyways because they're low rank survivors and easy to win. I'm talking about higher rank survivors, where toxicity is rampant and flashlight click spam is very common.

Let me ask you a question since you seem to not care. Do you believe the devs should do everything they can to discourage toxicity?

• Dexn3ko0
    Options

You dont read comments carefully do you.

Ok to summarize it why clicks have some (limited) use.

- in lobby no flashlights

- survivor finds fl im chest

- killer (me) picks up another survivor and hears the click but sees no light cause survivor has wrong angle or shines on back of head

- now killer knows fl is in play and survivor actively going for saves

- next down bait pick up get easy hit on guy with fl

The use is very limited but there is some use.

And seriously if the clicking sound annoys you that much maybe stop playing killer or use franklins.

• jebbush
    Options

Extremely limited use and that's a hypothetical, unlikely scenario. 99% of the time, you will see the light from the flashlight when a survivor is pointing it in your direction, or you will see footstep tracks notifying you a survivor is nearby. Let me ask you too, do you believe the devs should do everything they can to discourage toxicity?

• Dexn3ko0
    Options

Yeah its very limited but could potentially be useful.

I think people will always find a way to be toxic no matter what the devs will do. Toxic players will always find a way to be annoying no matter what.

Tbh I dont think the click sound is really necessary so i have no problem if they remove it.

But i dont think it would change anything at all the best thing is learning to ignore stuff like that and just play the game.

• TheLastGreatStar
    Options

I’m a rank 1 survivor. So I also play with high rank survivors. Believe it or not, but not everybody is a flashlight God. I also see you chose to ignore everything else I said because you also realise there’s no reason for you to be so upset over the clicking sound from a flashlight. Play something else.

• jebbush
    Options

You didn't make any other points. And you didn't answer my question. Go to another thread.

I don't see it being useful. As I've said repeatedly, you will often see the light when survivors point it at you. Even if they're behind you.

This game is notorious for having a toxic community. And the reason it has a toxic community is because the devs enable toxicity. One way in which they enable toxicity is letting survivors have a spammable noise that is primarily used to BM killers. Of course trolls will always exist, that doesn't mean you make it easy for them. If BHVR cared about this community, they would find ways in which people would troll, and then do something about it so that the trolls don't win. And right now, removing the clicking flashlight is an obvious thing for them to do.