Perks that require other perks to work and how to fix them.

Most perks out there are good/great by themselves. However, there are some that need other to make them shine. One that i can think of is Hex: Thrill of the Hunt. That one is only good for notifying you when you have a pesky survivor trying to cleanse your godlike totems. This is an issue. I think that instead of it only notifying the killer when someone is working on a hex totem, that it notifies when someone is working on ANY totem. That would make it well enough to play by itself. I know that it has an added Hunter bloodpoint bonus, but not enough to make it be the only hex totem that you bring. I do have to admit that i use it alone just for fun, but that is because I am CrAzY.

This discussion isnt just for Hex: Thrill of the Hunt. This can be about any of the perks that are not stand alone perks or perks that require others to shine. Just as long as you have an idea of how to improve it, i would love to hear ideas. And since the devs have stated that they are interested in things like this, i want the discussion to continue.

YOUR THOUGHTS?

Comments

• Scruffigus
    Scruffigus Member Posts: 8

I feel like another really good example of this is Sole Survivor, as that perk was made to make Object of Obsession become a safer perk after time, even though Object now out ranges the max protection of Sole Survivor. I'm not sure how to buff it besides a number buff to make it's combo larger. As for Thrill of the Hunt, its about to get a meme build from being able to have five hex totems because of Haunted Grounds, not so much a less reliant perk, but a funny build. Shits about to get real weird and I couldn't be more excited!

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Well spirit takes it to a new lvl.
    You need an ultra rare addon in order to make your perks work :wink:

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

90% of survivor perks are this way...

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@akbays35 said:

Strong by themselves? You're right, they are.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@Orion said:

@akbays35 said:

nah i mean they require other perks to function. Like try running any aura perk without bond or empathy. Legit all of Ace's perks are just add ons and don't do much on their own. For killers their perks are just under powered or underused or so situational. i really feel like Territorial Imperative should give auras of players opening chests, I think Spies from the Shadows needs a much bigger range.

• Orion

@akbays35 said:

@Orion said:

@akbays35 said:

nah i mean they require other perks to function. Like try running any aura perk without bond or empathy. Legit all of Ace's perks are just add ons and don't do much on their own. For killers their perks are just under powered or underused or so situational. i really feel like Territorial Imperative should give auras of players opening chests, I think Spies from the Shadows needs a much bigger range.

I did try that, and they work just fine.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Demonented said:
    Most perks out there are good/great by themselves. However, there are some that need other to make them shine. One that i can think of is Hex: Thrill of the Hunt. That one is only good for notifying you when you have a pesky survivor trying to cleanse your godlike totems. This is an issue. I think that instead of it only notifying the killer when someone is working on a hex totem, that it notifies when someone is working on ANY totem. That would make it well enough to play by itself. I know that it has an added Hunter bloodpoint bonus, but not enough to make it be the only hex totem that you bring. I do have to admit that i use it alone just for fun, but that is because I am CrAzY.

This discussion isnt just for Hex: Thrill of the Hunt. This can be about any of the perks that are not stand alone perks or perks that require others to shine. Just as long as you have an idea of how to improve it, i would love to hear ideas. And since the devs have stated that they are interested in things like this, i want the discussion to continue.

YOUR THOUGHTS?

Personally TOTH should just be a base for any used Hex Totem.

• Strider
    Strider Member Posts: 94

Open Handed - it literally has no use if nobody on your team has any aura reading abilities. I wouldn't have a clue on how to fix the perk other than giving it it's own unique function.

• Orion

@Strider said:
    Open Handed - it literally has no use if nobody on your team has any aura reading abilities. I wouldn't have a clue on how to fix the perk other than giving it it's own unique function.

It works for yourself as well, and proper use of the pre-game chat will fix the "your team" bit.

• Demonented
    Demonented Member Posts: 27

@Strider said:

I do understand this one. It is based off of buffing auras and you do not get auras (that can be affected by killer perks) unless you have another perk to walk hand in hand with. I would not know how to fix this either. That would probably be a good one to rework all together tbh.

• Demonented
    edited September 2018

@Dwights_leftfoot said:
    Pharmacy, Ace in the hole, and plunderers instinct.

All of these, you get something out of it. These are more for item hunters and all of them could be used by themselves. Pharmacy has added speed. Ace in the Hole has a chance of good adds but you do not really need another to make it useful since it is doing what is intended. And Plunderers is for those who don't know where the chests are. That is just like saying the map is useless without something else.

• Demonented

@akbays35 said:
    90% of survivor perks are this way.

I think that there are some but not 90%.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    See I think toth with its tokens should in fact spawn dummy active tokens that need to be cleansed to turn it of you mix it with other hex's and you got a party going on imaging survivors faces when.they go to turn of ruin or devour hope only to be hit with the realization it's still on them and territory is a specific game play use its tricky but if you b hook somone and have ti3 just looking around outside by a close gen is safe range to rush back and hook intruders its all about planning
  • Demonented

@redsopine1 said:
    See I think toth with its tokens should in fact spawn dummy active tokens that need to be cleansed to turn it of you mix it with other hex's and you got a party going on imaging survivors faces when.they go to turn of ruin or devour hope only to be hit with the realization it's still on them and territory is a specific game play use its tricky but if you b hook somone and have ti3 just looking around outside by a close gen is safe range to rush back and hook intruders its all about planning

I was thinking this as a possibility too. Where instead of it just notifying when a survivor is touching any of the dulls, it would make all dulls look like hexes. That would be a good mind game.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Ikr then try and escape the dreaded Mori hex * starts giving evil bone chilling laugh in eldritch tongue * add in ruin and hl and you got a good hex set up but that's mire mix and match say use toth/ri nc dh wisp
  • RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@Orion said:

@Strider said:

It works for yourself as well, and proper use of the pre-game chat will fix the "your team" bit.

Point is here --> .

You are here................ --> .

Open handed has 0 base function without any perks to support it otherwise. Like, literally nothing of gameplay would be changed. It is meant to support perks like Bond and stuff like... feels like a waste almost because 36m is big enough. Unless all x4 use it, there isn't much good use out of it. Unlike Self Care or something Lol.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Strider said:

I had a game where I was in SWF with 4 Up The Antes, I was able to kobe every game and remove the killer's momentum. However even one Up The Ante gives you roughly a 40% chance to kobe! :)
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Brady said:

@Orion said:

@Strider said:

Point is here --> .

You are here................ --> .

Open handed has 0 base function without any perks to support it otherwise. Like, literally nothing of gameplay would be changed. It is meant to support perks like Bond and stuff like... feels like a waste almost because 36m is big enough. Unless all x4 use it, there isn't much good use out of it. Unlike Self Care or something Lol.

Doesn't map give aura reading? The key can too so they'll be better with open handed right? Just asking because if OH does make them better than it's doing its job