Bro... IM low-key scared

So Im playing Meg(* cough FRICKING MEG MAIN*) and I go into a game, the killer was a green rank Deathslinger. And I played the game. Well I'm the only one who got chased, and shot, but by the time he hooks me (the whole game was like 5 minutes) well when I was hooked his noed got broke. I got saved and everyone got out. But the scary part was when he messaged me after words. I play on ps4 so there is no game chat, he sent a voice message, told me how "my swf team sucks and is toxic" (there was no swf team involved) but some thing off, he sounded sad, like not your normal sad but the mental instable kind, I mean like the really REALLY depressed kind of person. I am scared for him not me, I hope he doesn't do anything bad to himself. I don't know him or anything about him, so I really can't say. I asked him if was good but he said no and that's it. I HOPE nothing bad happens. And that's it I don't what to do, like at all. Should I tell someone?

Comments

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Did you try and engage with him further? Maybe he just needs someone to talk to.

• bluedog1116
    bluedog1116 Member Posts: 27

I tried sending sending him more messages but I got no response. I think he went off-line. Maybe he took a breather and went to bed but I like I said, I know nothing about him.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Then you already did all you can do. If hes legit that upset it extends well beyond the game and it isnt your fault.

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

Gold star to this thread for all of the mature and compassionate support on the topic of mental health. Especially good on OP for taking their head out of the game and sensing another person who might be in distress. I hope that person is well and safe as well as all of you.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Yeah try to reach out to him again if you can. If you get a response back you could try befriending him and playing some swf with him. Losing together is way less stress inducing then losing alone after all

If he doesn't reply back, don't pressure him. I know i would be hesitant to reply back after sending an outburst like that

You also might want to suggest to take a break from this game. As someone dealing with depression myself i know i had to take my fair share of breaks. A nice singleplayer game you can play at your own pace works a lot better at stress relief then competing against other human beings after all

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

If you're concerned and wanna help them out, or feel like somethings off or that that person is just in a bad spot. If you got the resources and the time and the skill....hey....maybe a friend is what they need right now? It doesn't even have to be Dead by daylight related. Try to find out what other games they play that you share in common and go in with friends. And yes...push it. Keep nudging them into some friend games or hanging out etc. Why? Because a lot of the time when you're depressed you'll just say no to everything because you're depressed, even if its for your own good, even if it'll help you. So if someone is going out of their way to be your friend it feels good, it can break you out of a slump because you're getting some good attention that makes you feel like someone cares enough to badger you back onto your feet.

I know depression all too well, and it sucks, its painful, especially if its in combination with thoughts to harm other people or yourself. Having friends you can dish all your inner garbage to without judgement helps a lot. Giving people hope and sometimes a little bit of stoicism helps. And hey who knows, we live in the future where you can have friends for years without even seeing them face to face, who knows maybe you'll have a friend for life.

People like you who notice things like that and have the heart to help, save lives everyday....so go with your intuition....

• mandymoo
    mandymoo Member Posts: 3

Glad there are some people like you, I personally have some mental health issues but I manage and no longer cause harm to myself but it wasn't always the case and I was shocked (somewhat) when I finished killing and one of the survivors did their usual insult chat but actually told me to go and kill myself, I explained that they shouldnt say this as someone might actually do it.. I hope it makes them think next time.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Maybe invite him to play with you, try and be nice. Otherwise you really can't do anything. If your struggling you probably shouldn't be playing such a mentally exhausting game.

Hopefully after your game he took a break and maybe did something to relieve stress. Then come back when he is feeling better.

• ayaya
    ayaya Member Posts: 163

Imagine playing DBD to distract your depressed feeling...

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

You might not have to worry as much, I don't think he'll do anything serious or harmful, that day might have been a bully day for him, green and purple rank killers get matched with ONLY red rank Survivors, thank you for the kind gestures.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

Are you some kind of an idiot? All forms.of entertainment, hell, all forms of mobility are just our attempts to anesthetize against our growing conscious of our impending mortality....

So yes, people play videogames to distract themselves from things in life. That's often the case, and btw what a piece of ######### you are for trying to bring shame to that

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

It honestly makes me feel good that children and teenagers like you exist, that are actively aware and concerned of others outside yourself. The example set fourth by much of my and the next generation seems to be one of general obtundation. It's nice to see youth with empathy

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

@bluedog1116 Keep us posted if you hear anything back

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

Actually, it does help a lot. I get to focus on a task that has me engaging with people in non verbal ways, which is always cathartic for myself personally because it exercises my brain in how to intuitively feel what another person is trying to do, and I think some other people with depression might agree it's always nice to get out of your own head for a while.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Please, turn off messages from random people. I remember things like that happened to me, also there were tons of toxic messages and death threats towards me. Turning messages off from random people helped my mental health significantly.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 645
    edited June 2020

I would’ve laughed. Lol.

People only send hatemail to when they’re salty that they lost, won EZ, or barely made it out alive. They never send it any other time, especially on PS4. I made a Basement Clown on the PS4 on Friday, and he’s been killing Red ranks. Along with MYC Doctor. I get all kinds of hatemail from the clown saying “You’re a b* for that!” “Ducking camping ass b*!” Etc. They act like the killer is supposed to play by these rules while they spam DH, BT, and DS all day until they gen rush for Adrenaline. After I stopped listening to the people that lost I got from Rank 5 to Rank 2 over this weekend.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

Going by the way some people are so passionate about being such a perfectionist in this game, I'm surprised that I don't hear about something like this more often. Some of us play for fun, but a lot of us are so focused on 4ks, pipping and being toxic when things aren't going right for them. Those are the players I worry about.

• ayaya
    ayaya Member Posts: 163

Well...if they like to be perfect but get dedicated and get rekt this way. To each his own lol

• undeadcookie
    undeadcookie Member Posts: 198

He wasn't trying to shame that, he was making light of the fact that DBD specifically often only worsens these feelings rather than improve them.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    edited June 2020

I think it's great you messaged, and that maybe you're even thinking about talking to him more. However, do use caution! You mentioned you're in high school, so you're still pretty young. Depression can wreak havoc, and a lot of times people can pull others down with them. I've been on both ends of it. Even with extreme depression like you mentioned in your teen years, there's a comparable difference when it's in adulthood. So, if they sound a lot older than you, I'd just do what Peanits recommended. You handled this really well though and its heart warming to see you cared when a lot of others wouldn't. Stay safe.