Out of 20 games yesterday...

Orionbash
Orionbash Member Posts: 765

14/20 used Pop Goes the Weasel.

11/20 were Freddy. The other 3 were Legion.

I can't wait for the new chapter. That BBQ + Pop combo is gonna be hilarious when my gen is Pop proof with Heather's gen protecting perk. This was so the nerf Freddy needed and I can't wait. 🤤

I recommend any gen jockeys find a way to add it into your build.

Comments

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

On a serious note I need to ask something.

Why did every single youtuber I watch talk about the chapter get confused about that perk? The second they said it I immediately thought "oh look a counter to pop" lol

• Orionbash

I don't run any of those perks and Im (arguably) one of the better survivors out there. I can't wait to run it. It'll be a huge time waster.

• Orionbash

Right?? They said it was bad and I was like, "Uhh...no. No killer is gonna spend 40 seconds camping a gen just to regress it". It's a godsend for higher ranked games.

• OldWiseOne
    OldWiseOne Member Posts: 159

i mean everyone i see runs it anyway so you do whatever you want mate, they might actually balance it then lol

• matchmakingworksfine
    matchmakingworksfine Member Posts: 240

If you dont think a killers gonna wait 30 seconds to stop a gen from popping you're surely mistaken lmao

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

Lmao how about the 20/20 that have atleast one of these ds bt adrenaline unbreakable (nothing against anyone who uses said perks I do as well just saying can’t complain about something on one side and not the same thing on the other there is no rule stopping survivors from running those every game like there is no rule stopping killers from running bbq pop and corrupt every game with high tier killers)

• Orionbash

DS has a counter. So does BT. So does Unbreakable. Pop has a counter now too. Deal with it.

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594

I don't see how this is a nerf to Freddy. When Freddy is far from the only killer that uses pop plus bbq. Since it used on Oni as well. With it being even a build recommended by Otz.

• Haroharo05
    Haroharo05 Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2020

It's nice how they'll introduce perks that counter super meta perks like Pop, or Hex's like Ruin, yet there hasn't been a single thing since pre-DS effecting Enduring that countered that busted perk :)

Of course I don't really see this perk being meta, it's pretty situational, and irrelevant anyway.

• Orionbash

Like 99% of Freddys use Pop and BBQ. And since you get a heads up when he's coming its easy to protect the gen.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    edited June 2020

Tried playing as Deathslinger yesterday without pop (needed few kills by any means for the challenge), r1 of course .

Oh God, what a mistake. Tried to play as usual, chase, hook, pressure, split the damage if possible (change targets if needed).

Without any gen regression besides Thrilling, that is more of a tracking perk than anything, I could at best get few hooks in before game was over, if I wanted to get any sure kills I WOULD HAVE TO camp or heavy proxy it (not my playstyle). Even slugging barely helps.

Pop is needed as gens go way too fast against survivors with IQ higher of than 70.

Switched later some perk for pop, games were much more manageable.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

Lol wait, does that perk work on n a gen Freddy is actively trying to teleport to? As in, would it possibly stop his TP mid charge? Because if it doesn't, it absolutely should and would be hilarious

• Dr_doom_j2

I agree, although I'm starting to suspect this is simply a limitation of Deathslinger. He is a killer I believe whole hearted is best compared to nurse (rather than say, Huntress) because his playstyle is that he ends chased fast and is a constant threat in chase. Where as with nurse you have to predict where she may go while also running, so to you must stay vigilant of sight and sounds behind you with DS.

TlDr; he's a chase pressure killer, which means yes, he lacks in map pressure, much like the nurse since her last nerf. You simply compensate by adding mostly slowdown/stall perks for him, since his chase is so good and your TR so small (especially with M&A which I think we can also agree is vital for him) a single tracking perk is usually sufficient if needed at all. In most cases I find commiting a 3-4 gen and splitting the map works well enough anyway.

Side note, anything interesting synergies you found with DS?

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

I try to avoid m&a right now, as spine chill is becoming more popular and his TR is so small and... Delayed, it doesnt matter in most cases, I can shot them with vanilla TR before they run off the gen anyway.

My p3 on ds isnt done yet, as I havent burnt enough bp to get all perks on him.

Been running stbfl, pop, thrilling and bbq for bp to ease the grind.

Other than generic builds, i found make your choice to be some what of use in the long run, sadly dont have spot for it now, maybe will swap thrilling for it, or bbq once im done with grinding, as if that will ever happen.

• Dr_doom_j2

I hear ya. I played without MA for a good bit simply because I didn't have the good fortune, and for the most part I guess I just missed the additional surprise and pressure it brings, PLUS the extra field of view is extremely useful on PS4 , where resolution is absolutely ######### compared to pc.

(Side note: just learned how real this is as I finally got a great laptop and rebought dbd. The frame drops, the resolution, the depth of view limitation.... After all this time it feel like I'm playing a new game, my PS4 controller literally feels less boxed in and rigid playing on my PC)

But yeah, I've heard MYC can be good, but I guess the way I see it is it's a lot like his coin add on at the end of the day, you get about as much use from that perk, and if you bring it you might as well just bring his iridescent coin add on and save a perk slot since he only has really one "necessary" add on imo... But again that's just my thoughts.. I sometimes have trouble with my imagination of these perk and add on combos. Think anything interesting will come of PH perks mixed with DS?

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

Winning without Pop, where Ruin is a pile of dogpoo now lol.

• uBoluCha
    uBoluCha Member Posts: 121

i can't wait when there's more killer using EGC perk set so nobody gonna complain about NOED

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Slug more. Deathslinger has 0 map pressure so you have to slug A LOT with him. Run deer stalker and insidious if you REALLY want to be a dick and snstch someone before they can pick the slug up (probably not viable strategy but it will for sure piss people off 😂)