The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do you like farming matches?

Do you think it's a nice break from the usual match routine or do you absolutely despise them? Just wanna know what people usually think of them

Comments

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

i dont mind them, and i typically farm when im killer, unless i have a challenge to do. but as survivor they are a nice break, though i've only had like 3 matches like that.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

No, I don't enjoy farming/afk killers.

I would like to play the game when I hit ready up.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

Yeah every now and then is alright. Especially when I've had a very difficult challenge and the killer cooperates with it. Like Mooky said though, it's mostly a nice break.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Neither.

Once i notice i got one, my thoughts are just: "Oh, okay."

🤷‍♂️

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

I like it when I'm doing some impossible challenge and the farming makes it easier!

Generally speaking, I don't mind, I'll take the free BP.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I very much dislike farming matches

Too bad I'm a big wuss and when survivors all come to me drop their item and crouch and nod to me i can't get it past my heart to say no

• Freesham
    Freesham Member Posts: 262

No. I queue up to play the game not earn BP for free.

Before the DC penalty I used to disconnect if the players just wanted to farm. Now I just kill them and get it over with.

• IceCreamPrincess
    IceCreamPrincess Member Posts: 226

As a killer, i dont farm at all. Only time i would change is if there was multiple BPS in the match, and then i would just play a bit more lenient so long as the survivors aint pounding out gens as if there lives depended on it, but otherwise i just play like normal, since i usually get 25k+ a match from just normal playstyles

And if im a survivor, and the killer is trying to farm, i just gens and leave. Can't be arsed to do all the hook trading, healing and hit swapping over and over, I'd rather just move onto the next match that is actually a proper match.

Queue times are annoying enough, so going into a match that aint a match is kind of a buzzkill. I dont play the game to get bloodpoints, i play to play the game, and farming aint really playing.

Plus the arguement of "its a nice change of pace" is kind of silly. I dont queue into a match hoping i dont get the usual match experience, and i wouldn't force a style of match onto people who don't want to farm, and if people try that on me i just refuse. A survivor thats hoping to farm with me as a killer will quickly realise thats not what im going to do, and a killer trying to farm with me will be disappointed

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 669

i don't mind them! it's a nice break to me and helps me with challenges that are too difficult for me to pull off. it's also fun messing around a little bit before actually getting into a serious game.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,063

I'm much the same. I'll play sweaty until I have one hook apiece for Barbecue & Chili, then just run around/ harass the Survivors to max out my non-sacrifice points. I don't go for the killso the Survivors can get their 5k survival points. If I down someone, if I don't go for the second hook, I'll let them wiggle free, usually while doing something like circling the hook or just standing in front of it to indicate I'm actively not killing them.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I enjoy farming matches. It's a nice change of pace from the usual sweaty matches that take place and shows that the community can come together and just chill. I don't care for it too much from the start of the match and prefer the farming to start later on when it's obvious that the Killer is much, much better than the group of Survivors and that they have no hope of escape.

If I play as Killer and someone DCs at the start of the match, I will 2 hook the rest if I can then let them farm. I understand how it sucks to lose a teammate and you still have 4-5 gens left since it happens often to me. It sucks even more when the Killer still plays like their life depends on killing everyone a fast as possible.

• burntFuse
    burntFuse Member Posts: 290

Farming sucks. If you're going to do it, at least try to make it feel like normal gameplay. If you're just going to throw the match, don't have things drag on longer than necessary. Let survivors get their benevolent points with unhooks, but don't waste their time by slugging them over and over.

I'd comment on survivor orchestrated "farming" matches, but those are practically always one-sided affairs.

• Waldbeere
    Waldbeere Member Posts: 168

I hate matches like that and want to end them as fast as possible. If I want a break I quit the game.

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594

I'm with you on this one. If there is a challenge that is "fun" to get done and the match turns out to be a farming match. Hey i'm fine with it. Easy blood points boys.

Since it rarely happens, from the games i played. Hey if someone wants to grind out some blood points, i'm all for it. For i'm not going to turn down some easy blood points. Since i could always use a few extra blood points.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited June 2020

No, but sometimes the survivors get ######### so hard by each other or bugs that it's a mercy.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047

I dont have any problems with farming matches, as long as they are not too frequent. I get farming Killers quite rarely, and this is fine.

During double BP I prefer farming Matches, since my SWF-Mate and myself always burn a Party Streamer, so there can be a lots of BPs. Certainly better than people who change their name to "Screw your double BPs" and play Iri Head Huntress with Ebony or Insidious Leatherface.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

I don't hate/like them. Don't really mind.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Same, most boring experience ever.

This was one legit reason to dc, which I always did before the penalty system. I don't want to farm, I don't want to hold m1. I DCed and moved to the next real match. But now with dc penalties you can't even do that.

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594

If i'm playing killer and i see a blood party steamers. Yeah i am going to play nice. Hook everyone at least once, for bbq stacks. Than just chase and run around like normal, let everyone leave in the end. For the offering benefits everyone. I didn't use that steamers but someone else was kind enough to use one, to give everyone some bonus points. So hey, i'm more than willing to play nice. More so if there is more than one blood party steamers in play. For i been there with the lovely leatherface camping and a escape cake, nothing like your offering for bonus blood points going to waste,due to someone not wanting to play the bloody video game but just play a staring simulation.

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328

No. Farming is boring.

During events I like farming once in a while tho.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

No it's so boring and pointless. Should perhaps not be allowed either.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i like them but most people don't wan to

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442

I don't mind them. Farming matches are pretty rare anyways, at least for me.