What are your unpopular opinions about Dead by Daylight?

Options
2»

Comments

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

You heathen!

I will forgive you only if you agree that Dwight needs short shorts and a crop top.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

Dance with me is a strong perk

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Second chance perks, from BT to NOED, encourage bad habits and limit player creativity and skill.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Old BT was balanced...

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    Options

The Halloween update was the worst thing to happen to Dead By Daylight. It gave us Haddonfield, it gave us Decisive, it gave us Object, it gave us Laurie, and it set off the chain reaction of licensed characters becoming a boring, cash-grabbing gimmick.

And I'm the only person who doesn't like going against Michael, so... it also gave us Michael.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options

As someone who only plays the game a few times a week due to ######### mentality caused be receiving messages (you'd understand if you were in my position) I disagree with the second point completely.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

anything deemed toxic in-game is not toxic(tbag- flash click, slug, etc) . The only toxic thing in dbd is the chat system(messages on consoles)

• MrJack20252
    MrJack20252 Member Posts: 386
    Options

old insta heals were fine, MoM still needs a buff, the recovery rate of Ghostface power needs a buff, and Pyramid Head needs a buff

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961
    Options

Pyramid head is going to be strong, but you're going to have to play him like a scumbag.

I already know how I'm going to play and survivors aren't going to like it. I predict a whole lot salt about him.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

Torment> Hook > Cage > Hook to tunnel as if DS/BT don't exist will make a lot of people mad once it's common.

Or the devs will have unhook remove torment guess we will see.

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328
    Options

I don't mind moris.

I think the clown is a good killer.

EGC sucks and is not worth the hassle as survivor.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961
    Options

Basically. I think Torment does get removed when you're unhooked. My way will be hook, cage, immediate tunnel into hook. Of course I won't do this every time, but being toxic to PH will be a bad idea.

• NeonAlien
    Options

I love those. It's a killer with noed who put u in the basement and is camping (which I know cause I got kindred), ofc I'm not gonna feed him another kill 😂 got salty messages after, "great Teamwork" etc.

Seriously tho, I usually try my best to get everyone out, even if it means I die but sometimes, a survivor played theirself so bad and sometimes u just gotta call it a game tbh.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Options

Legion is fine as it is. A small buff wouldn't make them OP, but I think they're perfectly viable as they are right now.

Running and playing against meta builds is boring af. Both as survivor and as killer. Survivors keep running the same meta perks and killers keep running the build that works the best with whichever killer they're playing and it gets so monotonous tbh.

• NeonAlien
    Options
  • Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Well, I don't think this one is so unpopular

Adrenaline is not fine, yes. Playing as solo might be good, but as SWF you know when it will become active and at difference from most perks it has no downside and two effects (No Mither as an example has two effects but a downside as well).

Sprint Burst needs its effect to be shorter, I mean seriously? Sprinting in real life lasting three seconds? Or at least make it so the speed gain is not that much, like 3 seconds where you go at 130% wich is still faster than killers but you won't get that much of an advantage over him.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

As the one that always does the bones, yet is almost always the one to get hit with NoED, I completely disagree with this statement.

If I get a map where they aren't as hard to spot as my Claudette, then I'll easily get 3 bones before I have to get some generator work done for Lightbringer to maintain my rank at least.

I did EXACTLY what killers say and I still get punished. My experience is the very thing that disproves the "Do bones" excuse.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

You know? With the time Ive started to hate Moris (Not really hate, just I dont have any lust to use it) before I used it a ton with premades I supposed I learnt about game and manage good SWFs and I dont feel the need to use mori to punish the next SWF. I just use it for tryharding tier 4 of kill everyone in a game with *insert killer* but I defo use demn tryharding perks and add ons.

PS For this T4 im gonna slug everyone and make em die cuz of bleeding (sorry for toxicity but I dont wanna be moring several games)

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    Options

Mori and keys are fun because they add an extra layer of suspence and urgency.

• TrevorLahey93
    TrevorLahey93 Member Posts: 170
    Options

Decisive Strike is fine. Also I've been playing survivor a lot recently as I've grown burnt out on killer for a little while, and I've met just as many scumbag killers as survivors. Both sides are toxic as hell.

• Danu
    Danu Member Posts: 281
    Options

The game is in a relatively good place right now and most common complaints are often blown way out of proportion to the actual damage they do to the overall experience

• CuteLittleAngel
    CuteLittleAngel Member Posts: 12
    Options

I really am not a fan of survivors complaining that I camp or tunnel as killer. I'm still new to it. I just happen to go for whoever I happen to see as closest. And if you had no trouble at all finishing gens and I have one on hook after the doors are open. Whats gonna likely happen? I try to find the survivors at doors and lose my hooked one or I try to scout out the area around the hooked one for an extra kill.

I don't get upset at killers for trying to ensure at least one kill. The point of killer is to kill.

I have a lot of fun with killers who just become a chill creepy friend in the match, but those aren't the matches I want to play when I'm killer right now.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

I'm fine with the Archives as they are.

I'm open to improvements of course.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

I run For The People and it's incredible when used correctly and when used correctly in a build.

• WRussoW
    WRussoW Member Posts: 715
    Options

The lore is so inconsistent. The information in the Archive, the cosmetic descriptions and the in-game info section is different. The licensed characters lore sucks, I'm not sure it's even there. (Except for Heather, we finally get some legit backstory and mysterious things in the licensed character's info page. Before you talk about Stranger Things, Nancy's lore was still wack, it only had "oh, she went into the lab again and WOOSH". Like, Heather's lore made me think, why did she hear the voice, is the cult connected to the Entity somehow, why did she loose consciousness and feel pain? Other licensed characters' lore made me go "well, some sh!t happens, the Entity just came and that's it".)

I'm gonna sm@ck people who trust the dev-streams lore discussions. Seriously, they change things so quickly there and it conflicts with the in-game lore even more than Ruin conflicts Pop.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Options

I agree with this so much oh my god. My friends sometimes tease me because I'm always doing a bunch of totems, yet way too many times we're still stuck with NOED. Some totem locations are really good and it can take VERY long to find them. To be honest I have learning totem locations by heart as a personal objective for this year so I stop having to deal with this, but it shouldn't be like that :/

• Jakojo
    Jakojo Member Posts: 214
    Options

Spine Chill when used properly is the best perk in the game.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    Options

What else do you use? I freaking love this combo lmao

Feels so good to lose the killer cause im the flash on the ground

• Strancol
    Strancol Member Posts: 158
    Options

Unpopular opinions? Ok

Pig is good killer

Myers is bottom A tier

Freddy is balanced

Billy is balanced

Noed is ok. Just do bones

Dead hard and Lithe are overrated

I like moris (even as survivor)

Clown and Bubba are fun to play

Spirit is balanced

Yamaoka is the worst map

Meg needs some better skins because most of them sucks

Claudette is as ugly as Nea

Self care is worthless

All Hallows Eve event had the best music

Ghostface is solid B tier

Pennywise is overrated and we don't need him

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Plague is a bad killer. Everytime I say this I get attacked. I feel like her power is only good when she has corrupt purge which is only half of her power. Vile purge is just terrible imo. Also I think thatI unbreakable is terribly overrated.

Idk how controversial this is but based on 3 teachable perks meg is by far the best survivor.

• Icery
    Icery Member Posts: 199
    Options

Well....

I "always" use self-care

I would rather being moried than escaping

I enjoy t-bagging against Ghostface and i enjoy t-bagging while chasing with Ghostface

I sometimes bodyblock survivors when they are cleansing totems.(as a survivor)

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Nurse is still the best killer, and Deathslinger is top 5, it's just the fact that most people don't want to be good with these killers because they require some effort.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

That everyone is good and kind in the community.

• DarkPit
    DarkPit Member Posts: 87
    Options

DbD is the most beginner-unfriendly game ive ever seen. But i think this isnt an unpopular opinion...

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

The following statements are simply embarrassing:

"Daddy Myers!"

"Clown is Thiccc!"

"Boop The Snoot!"

"Quentin needs his speedo skin!"

"I want a bare chested version of *add male survivor*!"

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990
    Options

The game isnt killer sided or survivor sided its just really unbalanced.

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375
    Options

Unpopular opinion:

Casuals turn(ed) this game into an unbalanced piece of #########.

• Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335
    Options

Self Care isn't a bad or selfish perk. Those who say it takes too long or wastes a slot fail to realize that healing with someone else still takes time and you have to find the person. Or when they say you could just bring a med-kit... well, those have limits too.

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375
    Options

Self Care actually requires just as long as when you get healed by someone. You need twice the time but only 1 player is busy, so in certain situations it's actually much better to Self Care so that the other player can do more important stuff such as Unhooking or healing a slugged Survivor.

Pretty annoying to hang on a hook watching the other Survivors healing each other up in a corner.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    edited August 2020
    Options

Doctor is fun in 1v1 chases unless he use the green range addon. Most Spirit players are pretty bad but still annoying to deal with.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited August 2020
    Options
    1. The Nurse needs to be reverted back to her release self (3 blinks and 115% movement speed);
    2. Freddy's slowdown add-ons should have their numbers doubled at the very least; his add-ons in general should be changed to be more useful, because they're generally terrible;
    3. Keksisive Egostroke needs to be removed from the game altogether. Not reworked, not "changed". Just straight up deleted;
    4. Moris and keys are not equals: moris at least require the killer to do something to benefit from them; a key user could just crouch in a bush all game and still get a free escape in the end;
    5. The hatch should not exist;
    6. The end game collapse should start as soon as the last generator is fixed/there's only one survivor left;
    7. If a survivor does not interact with an objective (a generator or a totem,) for more than five minutes, they should have their aura revealed to the killer;
    8. No killer is strong enough to have their baseline movement speed reduced in a game where maps like Ormond and Haddonfield exist.
  • LSerpentine
    LSerpentine Member Posts: 140
    Options

The game is actually fun, regardless of balance or whatever.

The moris are great, keys aren't op as people think they are.

Spirit is a fun killer, she was my main for a bit. I like the way she plays.

UB isn't a bad perk, the people who use it to walk the enitre map are just cowards. Perk is *chefs kiss* perfect for evading for certain killers.

• Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335
    Options

Right, I think we agree. I prefer people to have agency and dependence, most obviously when I'm playing solo.

• D_Orien
    D_Orien Member Posts: 115
    Options

All gens but one, should be blocked off for a minute at the start of every trial.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I think the 'Fog Whisper' gimmick should be dropped.

• thetoxicteacher
    thetoxicteacher Member Posts: 48
    Options