What are your unpopular opinions about Dead by Daylight?

Kate_cx
Kate_cx Member Posts: 181

It could be about anything regarding this game.

I'll start with mine: Doctor is one of my favourite killers to go against and I'm never really annoyed of him.

Another one? Oof you'll be surprised by this one: I do not care about keys or moris, in fact I love getting moried because the animations look very cool, I just play for fun.

Now tell me some of your unpopular opinions about Dead by Daylight that you think would make others surprised?

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

(Actually I love the Mori‘s too, it’s just the first hooked and then tunneled to get Mori‘d which is annoying!)

i like playing most of the ‚bottom tier‘ killers because I think their powers can be fun. I don’t care for kills as long as I had fun chases and some hooks.

same with survivors: I don’t care for escaping as long as I had a fun match and got something to do.

• 5thPerkSlot
    5thPerkSlot Member Posts: 395

5th Perk Slot: would make DBD more fun and it would be even balanced

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Not even shirtless David?

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Hillbilly and Leatherface are straight up terrible characters.

Not that they're not powerful, but base-kit instant downs are bad enough on Myers, GF and Oni have to work for theirs.

Also, doing half the chase does not make you anywhere near the killer that others are who play other killers. Two hits and 10+ hooks to get a 4k is a better show of kill than just seeing 4 skulls.

NoED is in need of a full rework and punishes solo players who were unlucky more than SWF gen-rushers. It is badly designed and if you need it to secure kills, then you don't deserve them.

A quick game is NOT a good game in DbD. The drawn out hunt is way more exciting than rushing through everyone. Same goes as a survivor. I prefer to hide and avoid the killer more than rush them.

Huntress is a WAY better middle-ground for balance than any other killer. All of her benefits have equal drawbacks and she's as good as the player controlling her.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Bubba is low A tier.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

As killer: I don't think DS is broken or OP, except in situations where the survivor jumps into a locker, so you're forced to either leave them or eat the DS.

As survivor: Adrenaline is overrated. I once used it all the time, but realised I play just as well without it. Roughly 70% of the time I was already healthy when finishing the last gen, 20% of the time I was injured, 5% of the time I was on a hook and 5% of the time I had it proc while in a chase. It's an awesome feeling when it happens to be good, but most of the time it was just a waste of a perk slot. Haven't used it for almost a year.

Another unpopular survivor opinion is that I don't mind going against the Doctor, unless it's one only wanting to go for a 3 gen.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Old Freddy was an S tier killer, and people only hated him because they didn't spend enough time with him and his add-ons like the class photo and pill made him even better.

• WakeMeUp9
    WakeMeUp9 Member Posts: 17

DC penalty has absolutely no place in this game

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

Moris and Keys, while kind of bs, are awesome.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

Survivor should be First Person View is one of mine.

Also remove the red light from killers if you leave view as it is.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    edited June 2020

Dead Hard is a third health state, I can no brain Dead Hard dash to a pallet, get a stun and get a free escape, only then I can t-bag because I feel like I had power because I had a crutch perk.

I say this as someone who dropped exhaustion perks because I wanted a challenge.

• Player35
    Player35 Member Posts: 119

Swf should be made obvious to others, killer and other survivors alike, in the lobby

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

I love the game. But some ppl have issues.

Also sometimes when the gates are open and the survivor is hooked far from the gate, and the killer has NOED, and I can't find the totem, I just leave.

But I get a lot of hate mail for it.

Also many times I go for the save at the endgame, but I get hooked, and the saved survivor books it and escapes and I die instead.

Not that they owe me anything but still, some sort of effort would be appreciated.

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332

Current DS is fine. A stun chance for one minute will never effect you if you have no problem entering and breaking chases and don't be afraid to slug.

The Devs are actually doing a good job. People forget how absolutely busted this game was...like that's not opinion...it was laughably busted in survivors favor and the devs were tone death. Saying you got to be 2 steps ahead of 4 people that could infinite, fast vault while all killer actions were 50% or so slower. That's ignoring old ds and so on. The last 5 or so patchs they finally started listening.

Reworked freddy. Added a new interactable-walls- so killers can dictate chases and loops more. Nerfed some OP survivor abilities. Buffed some underpowered killer abilities. Map reworks. Item changes. Killer changes. Killers that can actually effect loops more and more or put things on the maps. The devs are on a roll and apparently there's a graphic update in the works too.

It's late...very late. But they pulled their finger out.

Moris are fine. You're goal is not to get hooked just like my goal is to stop you guys finishing gens. It takes a survivor to fail at their job to get exposed to a mori and it takes a killer to fail at their job to get exposed to a hatch escape. Unless it's 1 man but I think giving the last guy a hope to clutch sucess is fine.

EDG collapses is busted and should of been working against the survivors. Meaning they shouldn't control when it happens.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

Michael Myers is the best killer to go up against.

Trying to rescue survivors that are hooked far from the exit gates in the Endgame is a terrible idea.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289

As a killer doctor main I enjoy shocking my victims when they try to open either exit gate😀.As a survivor sometimes I enjoy going up against Michael Myers other times I wish they made him a little slow so survivors could have a chance to flee from his grasp.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

Noed and DS create bad habits. You can fall back to both perks if you played poorly.

Most cases of tunneling/camping are the fault of the other survivors and the killer took advantage of it. Same can be said for genrush to an extent.

4 survivors who went through solo queue hell are better than a halfway decent 4-man SWF.

The shirtless X stuff isn't funny.

Overaltruism is the reason so many Killers get ez 4ks.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237
    • Spoonfeeding survivors new information via UI or aura reading will not close the solo swf gap. A message system would be preferable.
    • Reducing the killer tier gaps is as important as reducing the solo-swf gap.
    • As long the strongest killer doesnt get stronger, survivors shouldnt complain about weaker killers getting biffs in their kits.
    • Reducing the solo-swf gap needs a form of general killer buffs as compensation. (Base mechanisms, not killer abilitiy/kits)
  • Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

@noctis129 that just happened 😂

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

Clown is not the weakest killer in the game. His ability to shut down loops is on par with Freddy.

Adrenaline is a waste of a perk slot.

Dead Hard is junk, too.

SWF groups aren't that bad to go against. They just throw themselves at the unhook.

• a_good_player
    a_good_player Member Posts: 194

tenacity is pretty underrated and tenacity-umbreakable-ds is one of the best combo in the game

• OhMyWords
    OhMyWords Member Posts: 230

Needs a bots mode. Bots mode with 3 difficulties. In this mode, you can play survivor or killer with bots in any map. Also mutators that change the game e.g. infinite power gauge, permanent power, unlimited hooks, invincibility, removed fog, etc.

Maybe this is not unpopular, but i dont see it discussed enough.

ability to see swf amounts in the lobby so i can dodge them!

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

NOED isn't a crutch perk that "rewards lazy killers", instead it "rewards killers for survivors laziness". It takes 12 seconds to cleanse a dull totem, and 4 survivors can cleanse a totem at any given time during the match they are not being chased. If only 1 survivor cleanses all 5 totems, that takes only 1 minute of time away from doing gens, but since any survivor can cleanse a totem and if they all cleansed totems every time they saw one, the most totems a survivor on the team would have to cleanse is 2. Considering how frequent NOED is played, there's literally no reason to risk the endgame by ignoring the totems, "Do bones" and NOED can't affect your team. Ignoring a dull totem in favor of doing a gen is just being lazy while speeding up how soon NOED will activate and wipe us all out. Do Bones, ya lazy turds!

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

The game is actually fairly balanced in it's current state. Some of the lower tier killers need buffs. And the maps still need some tweaks. But it's overall pretty balanced.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

How?

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800

Survivor is unfair and destroys any fun for the killer.

it's unpopular because 80% of players are always playing survivor.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

As a survivor, you don't have to be aggro right away. It's okay to be stealth and cause the killer to spend 2 minutes looking for you at the gen he thought he saw you on with barbecue. That's almost as good as a chase and you don't get injured doing it. You'll get your chance to loop when the killer finally spots you -- no need to rush it!

Hex Ruin is almost as annoying as it was originally.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

This game is almost flawless in my opinion.

Sure, there are some weird bugs and hitbox things that occasionally occur, but for the most part, it's a really well made game, and I feel like a lot of people don't give it credit for that.

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

Killer mains are sometimes just as bad or worse than survivors in how they act. A lot of them always play the victim card for not getting a free win and while yes the game can be frustrating when you're on your least favorite map and survivors have all the good rng, sometimes you just get ######### games. Take the loss and move on there's no need to call out for ridiculous one sided nerfs and cry about the devs being one sided because you lost on Ormond against a group of #########.

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399

I don't care about escaping and 4Ks. Is it cool if I get it? Sure. But I'm not bothered if I don't. There's always next game.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Ruin changes were justified.

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464

if you think SWF is ruining the game, then you're a ######### killer who needs to get good. Comms gives an advantage, but not a significant enough one to severely alter a game. If you think you're constantly losing to SWFs, the problem is you.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

Nurse is actually a c tier killer. She has no map pressure, is easily juked, chock full of bugs, and has the worst add ons in the game.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

You heathen!

I will forgive you only if you agree that Dwight needs short shorts and a crop top.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

Dance with me is a strong perk