Steam Web API UserStats Descriptions?

Options
Branrich
Branrich Member Posts: 25

I'm a data scientist by profession and am trying to see what kind of analysis is possible on the UserStats call for DBD. http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamUserStats/GetUserStatsForGame/v0002/...

However, I'm having some trouble understanding the names being returned by the api (examples below).

Can someone kindly link me to a stat description so I can figure out what each stat is measuring? All I have been able to figure out is that camper = survivor and slasher = killer.

{"name":"DBD_DLC8_Slasher_Stat2","value":225},
{"name":"DBD_DLC8_Camper_Stat1","value":98},
{"name":"DBD_Event1_Stat1","value":22},
{"name":"DBD_Event1_Stat2","value":86}

Comments

• Branrich
    Options

I think I found an answer to my own question. I can correlate the descriptions on this stat site to the results from the Steam API

• Branrich
    Options

@Devs would you be willing to include survivor/killer specific stats related to time and bloodpoints in the future through the API?

e.g.: Time played as survivor, time played as killer, bloodpoints earned playing survivor, bloodpoints earned playing killer?

• Branrich
    Options

Other useful stats for analytics would include games played as survivor, games played as killer, and a breakdown of such stats by character. I assume these must exist because there are daily quests related to them. Would really appreciate if they could be shared so the public can do self-service analytics on the game. There is currently no ability to do this.