What's your favorite overlooked perk combo?

Options
SweetTerror
SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694

For me it's sloppy butcher and bloodhound. You can hide scratch marks all you like, but there's no hiding that blood! And sloppy butcher ensures that there's a nice long bright trail leading the killer to your hiding spot!

ยซ1

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Make Your Choice + Pop Goes The Weasel.

Either action is now rewarded.

• Go to a Generator you think really needs a Pop!
    • Or go back and take advantage of that 1-hit!
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

Hm, tough one. Lithe and Dance With Me, very strong juking potential.

And on top of that, you make their healing slower.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

Furtive Chase Monitor and Nemesis gives perma -8m radius nemesis isnโ€™t needed but helps to not get stuck unable to kill current obsession other perks I like are shadowborn with it just personal preference cuz I donโ€™t like how monitor zooms in and out or deadmanโ€™s switch to block gens on every person you hook

• SweetTerror
    Options

Lithe and Dance with me is a pair that I always run with my survivors!

• SweetTerror
    Options

Shadowborn is very nice since it basically prevents survivors from being able to take advantage of the limited first-person perspective.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

Mettle, tenacity, breakout. Tank two hits and get two mettle stacks and crawl away. By the time the killer loses the hook, you're gone and half way recovered. It doesn't always works but makes for some fun plays when it does.

• Rasinbran
    Rasinbran Member Posts: 240
    Options

Dark devotion and infectious fright on Huntress :)

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,898
    Options

especially in combination with Quick and Quiet. Its actually quite funny to see that the killer is aware that you have Q&Q, and ending up checking lockers.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,898
    Options

I think using Cruel limits in combination with Mindbreaker and Tinkerer, especially on maps like The Game or Lery's

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543
    edited June 2020
    Options

Dying Light+Thanatophobia. I'll give you the hatch but I don't want the game over so quickly. Also overcharge+pop.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

Tenacity,Boil over, flip flop and unbreakable

• SweetTerror
    Options

Sometimes I like to run as a medic for the team and will run self care, botany, empathy, and lightweight so that I can heal fast without having to worry about scratch marks lasting for too long.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    edited June 2020
    Options

Probably lithe, dance, into fixated. Houdini mode engaged. Take to lerry's for maximum fun.

One I theory crafted but haven't tested yet is This is Not Happening, Resilience, Stakeout for maximum genrush. Bigger greats to help save tokens, doubling the effects of greats, on top of bonus gen speeds from injuries.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Self care,Botany knowledge,Resilience and Spine chill is also quite a fun build.

-fast vault speed

-spine chill for stealthy killer

-faster progress on everything while being injured

-healing others and yourself is really fast

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,691
    Options

Nemesis, Furtive Chase and Make Your Choice. It is kind of a meme build but can actually chain some pretty mean knockdowns. Furtive Chase makes it so when your obsession gets unhooked the person who did the unhooking becomes your obsession. Nemesis makes it so when you get a new obsession that survivor gets oblivious and you can see their aura for 4 seconds (also if the person you initially chase isn't your obsession you can just eat a pallet to make them your obsession). Make Your Choice makes it so you sit back at 32 meters from hooked obsession and then you have 4 seconds to track the person who did the unhooking and they have exposed and oblivious. Since they are your new obsession you can just do it all over again.

• Danu
    Danu Member Posts: 281
    Options

I love love love this combination as killer!! I'm not very good at chases yet still so it's such a huge help for me

On survivor I like detectives hunch and inner strength, I loved the idea of tenacity and unbreakable but I find killers don't slug much and as soon as they see tenacity they will never ever slug you

• TraitorousLeopard
    TraitorousLeopard Member Posts: 156
    Options

Up the Ante + Slippery Meat

~56% chance to unhook yourself.

~75% with a strong luck offering.

~83% if you can convince all the boys to throw in some salty lips.

~98% if you get everyone to run Up the Ante as well.

Literally unbeatable, just unhook in their face and DS them, ggez babby killer. Deliverance? No need, we can't get any safe unhooks anyways because everyone can just unhook themselves.

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474
    Options

Autodidact and Aftercare, really good at preventing those Blendettes from running off to oblivion so they can Self Care ๐Ÿ‘

• SweetTerror
    Options

Yeah as you get better at the game you'll find yourself moving on to more meta perks that synergize together really well. But regardless sloppy butcher and Bloodhound always make a great combo!

• Danu
    Danu Member Posts: 281
    Options

Definitely! I only have Wraith leveled so far so theyre actually about the best I have available to me, along wuth bitter murmur and iron grasp but I don't feel a HUGE disadvantage yet since I'm still low rank. Would love to get nurses on him soon (I know it's in shrine but since I have her I don't want to waste the shards haha)

• SweetTerror
    Options

I initially felt that way too about nurse's calling, but I soon realized that there were a lot of other perks that I wanted more, plus the Nurse is really hard master. Because of this I wound up purchasing nurse's calling in the shrine and haven't regretted it since it saves me about 1 million bloodpoints.

If anything I would heavily recommended getting BBQ and Chili with LF first since that will increase the amount of bloodpoints you get rather substantially making it a lot easier to upgrade killers/survivors to get the teachables that you want.

• OhMyWords
    OhMyWords Member Posts: 230
    edited June 2020
    Options

infectious fright, barbecue and chili or thrilling tremors, devour hope, and one of these: corrupt intervention, pop goes the weasel, or haunted grounds.

Best with hillbilly but you could try it with spirit or nurse. The idea is to make survivors life miserable by not allowing them to feel in control of anything. This is why i recommended strong killers with good mobility and short chases. Infectious fright allows slugging, disables hiding, and allows ending the game within minutes.

Barbecue and chili or thrilling tremors allow me to know where people are, if infectious fright didn't trigger. Thrilling tremors could be a better choice if you don't care about auras, since it disables gens incase someone was hiding in a locker.

Devour hope puts stress on the survivors, and with a high mobility killer, you can easily get 3 tokens until they realize what the hell is going on.

For the fourth perk, it's just slowing down the game except for haunted grounds. Haunted grounds is a bait for devour hope and also the trigger if you haven't started a snowball yet.

Corrupt Intervention is for ######### with the message one of the devs stated in the dev update. If i remember correctly, they said 2 gens are to be done before you find a survivor, or something similar to that. So Corrupt Intervention sets the game's rule to a fair advantage and therefore allows you more time to put the stress on the survivors instead of you.

Pop goes the weasel is for versing a strong team who can resist this build.

If you can do this correctly, chances are you have blocked any chance at survivors getting back into the game. These perks synergize so well together if done right. Devour Hope will end any hope survivors could have by healing up and getting back into the game, because then you can't do gens without the fear of being 1 shot by a nurse/hillbilly/spirit.

• Dpooly
    Options

Was gonna say something, but you beat me to it. Even if those numbers WERE right, that's only for your first hook. After that, don't see any benefit of this combo...not trying to dog on Traitorous Leopard, just see better options for those slots

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,431
    Options

Lucky Break + Iron Will, very underrated combo

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    edited June 2020
    Options

We'll Make It and Solidarity. If you unhook someone while injured, you can heal each other in half the time. And then, of course, now you have 90 seconds of double healing speed which you can use to heal yourself at normal speed while you're healing someone else. I've actually not only been able to save a good deal of time with this combo, but also pull of the legendary stunt of fully self-healing with Solidarity quite often.

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594
    Options

That is one of my favorite combos, when it comes to survivor. Nothing like getting a speed boost and the killer having no idea where to go, due to a lack of marks. Ninja power!

• Theetis
    Theetis Member Posts: 153
    Options

Detective's Hunch + Inner Strength + Kindred/Bond

The solo-queue life insurance.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Up to ante 9% luck + 4% base = 13%

6 attemps

So 13% on first try, ~24.3% second try, ~34.1% third try, ~42.6% 4th try, ~50% 5th and ~56.5% on the 6th

Not going to do the rest but seems accurate to me, very gimmicky build but looks fun if you can convince your entire team to do it. Not having to bother resqueing the first hook on the entire team for 2 perk slots per survivor and the offerings is not too shabby tbh

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399
    Options

No Mither/Deliverance/For The People + Resilience (and Iron Will for silence of course)

If you're gonna be broken for any amount of time, might as well get some speed out of it!

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

Alert

Dark sense

Kindred

Spine chill

Pure killer detection.

Alert

Inner strength

Technician

Unbreakable

Lone wolf

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited June 2020
    Options

Distressing + Unnerving + Overcharge: I've seen people knock this combo even on Doctor. It's actually turned games around for me. Survivors miss the skill checks more often than you'd think.

Dying Light + Thanatophobia: The gen slowdown can be a big help. I use it on Plague, and her ability making the Survivors unable to heal nullifies the obsession's bonus. If you want to add Sloppy to this you can nullify the healing bonus if everyone's injured. I've seen people knock this combo on Plague too for some reason.

Self-Care + Botany Knowledge: People probably see Self-Care and immediately disregard it. When you look at this combo, you'll realize that this basically sends you back to before 2.3.0 when it comes to healing speeds. 12 seconds to heal someone else, 24 for Self-Care. You could probably Self-Care with Sloppy and still get away with a heal that's under 40 seconds. Bring a medkit and you'll be a pretty quick healer.

• Zraith
    Zraith Member Posts: 143
    Options

but that is what he said, the probability of failure is 87% per attempt, the chance of all of 6 of them failing is 0.87^6 ~= 0.43. So the probability of at least one of them succeeding is 1-0.87^6 = 0.57.

• Sonzaishinai
    Options

No this is actually how it works. With 6 attempts your total change to escape from the hook is 56.6%

I can understand the confusion though math is hard. Took me forever untill i understood these calculations

• Icery
    Icery Member Posts: 199
    Options

Botany Knowledge, we will make it + medkit(full of speed add-ons) = 2 second heal

• Dpooly
    Options
  • Dpooly
    edited June 2020
    Options

I don't think that's how percentages work, but ok

Edit: Figured I'd add to my comment instead of just saying 'nope', each attempt has a 13% success rate, so for each time you try, you have that percent of a chance to unhook yourself. It does not stack up each time, it just doesn't. Sorry

Post edited by Dpooly on
  • Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Small Game.

Saboteur.

Plunder's Instinct.

Wake Up.

Goodbye Totes. Goodbye hooks. Hello chests. Hello Gates.

Yeah great perk build...but easier to just have a map ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594
    Options

Plunders and Ace in the hole, combine together. It's like playing an action rpg, where you just gotta get that loot and the best part is, if you grab a good item and escape. You get free add ons plus a item. That and you can possibly loot a key, with the add on that allows you to keep it, even if you die. So you can still die in a match and get a key out of it. Doesn't always happen but it very fun when it does.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

Sprint Burst and Fixated, combined with Empathy and Solidarity or any other healing Perk.

Fixated is a much better Urban Evasion + you see your Scratch Marks. So basically if you accidentally start running you see where they are excactly and you can outrun your own scratches to outrun the Killer if he sees them.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

Nemesis and Play With Your Food

Yes, please pallet stun me so I get faster.

• Sonzaishinai
    Options

I'm not calculating the individual attemps i'm calculating the chance of all of it together

I'm just terrible at explaining stuff

This person gets it and actually explains it properly too

• feelthepain23
    feelthepain23 Member Posts: 14
    Options

Killer, with freddy, devour hope with make your choice. Soon as you hook, teleport away, most games, will give you some form of insta downs.

Survivor, small game and inner strength

• SweetTerror
    Options
  • Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587
    Options

Delieverance + For The People + No Mither + Second Wind

The ultimate Broken Build :)

• xBEATDOWNSx
    Options

Bubba, Wraith, Oni. Hell even Spirit if you work it correctly. You just become a damn juggernaut.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    Options

I started to run Resilience with For The People, Borrowed Time, and Iron Will. It's a nasty hook bomb build.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587
    Options

Sounds broken but doesn't have the potential to technically be Broken x3

• Dpooly
    Options

@Sonzaishinai Gotcha, regardless, it's a clunky combo that imo wastes two perfectly good perk slots, but to each their own. Now that we're done splitting hairs, can we get back on topic? ๐Ÿ˜

• Dpooly
    Options

Too bad most people that play Bubba (in my experience) think you have to face/proxy camp to secure kills...he comes with one of the best Killer perks imo for tracking other Survivor's after hooking one (With a BP bonus to boot). He's actually fun to play as but I don't generally choose him due to DC rates as soon as they see who it is. I think with an upcoming chapter, they should look into making a Survivor perk that works similar to Camaraderie but with the Killer's Terror Radius instead. (Unless EGC is active, of course)