Possibly the best idea for a total game changer

Options

So, i have thousands of hours in the game. And naturally over that time, you grt your own idea's on how to improve the game.

What if we implement the following system I'm away to suggest, i think it would be great but potentially would force a lot of people to quit playing.

We hear how survivors and killers moan about perks, how the same perks get used over and over.

So lets divide all perks into 4 groups.

You have the groups in order where the best perks are in group 1 and the weakest in group 4. So group 1 would have the dstrike, adrenaline, dead hard etc.

Same goes for killer too, best perks in group 1 and so on.

Now whether you are survivor or killer, you can only use 1 perk from each group.

Personally i run borrowed time, dstrike,small game and were gonna live forever, so i could see ds and bt being in group 1. Small game group 2 and wglf in group 3 or 4 which means i have to ditch at least 1 perk.

As killer, i normally run nurses, bbq, pop,and either thana,sloppy,noed,frankies or whatever i fancy. Most being group 1 perks, so i would have to totally rethink how to play as killer.

Is this idea stupid or worth giving thought too?

Comments

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

i think it would be great but potentially would force a lot of people to quit playing.

And with that kind of premise, do you think that would be a sound decision for business and the survival of the game?

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118
    Options

I don't believe this idea is sound, no.

• feelthepain23
    feelthepain23 Member Posts: 14
    Options

It depends how people see it, i think its a good idea, and would allow other perks to be used. But i want to see other people's feedback on the idea. Im guessing your not for the idea?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Definitely don't like that.

Imagine for example that i want to do a meme build using only Terror Radius Perks.

So let's say Overwhelming Presence, Coulrophobia, Unnerving Presence & Distressing.

What if Overwhelming Presence & Distressing are in the same group?

I can't do that meme build then.

This idea could ruin lots of potentially fun varying Perk combinations, is what i'm saying.

• Theetis
    Theetis Member Posts: 153
    Options

I feel like it would discourage being creative with your builds, rather than encourage it. I'll pass

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118
    Options

Yes, there is some disgruntled people within the community on how everyone only uses Meta perks and doesn't switch things up. I can attest to this because I usually see the same 4-6 perks being used among all 4 players at Red Ranks every match I go into. However it's not really the complaint of the current Meta perks being used constantly that most people have a problem with, it's the fact that some of those said perks are "broken" or that they have "too many second chances" (DS being a prime example of a hot topic these days).

The beauty of the Survivor system is that you are not tied down to one specific play style when you select a character like other games. You could use any perk on any Survivor for any combination of things. You'll get perks that have amazing synergy together and you'll get perks that clash against each other. But regardless of what perks you select, you had the freedom to choose which ones you wanted to run and play with. It is up to the player, not the game, on what perks they can use.

With that being said, what's stopping you as a player to not use Meta perks? When I play Survivor, I'll run different builds that usually gets me more wins than I normally do with my "main meta build". I'll run a Treasure Hunting build where I scour for chests for goodies to aid the team in the match. I'll run an all-out healing build to ensure my teammates are at peak health throughout the match. I'll run a chase build where my goal is to keep the Killer focused on me and evade him as long as possible. Hell, when I want to dick around, I'll run all the 'Eye-Designed' perks just for fun and I still usually come out on top.

Forcing people to select categories just isn't beneficial. And what if a Character like Meg can't use the combination of her 3 base perks because of your system? Especially since Meg's perks are essentially apart of the Meta build. Nor should it force players to quit. That's a loss of money and it affects the already fragile ecosystem that is DBD.

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 432
    Options

It‘s a interesting change, but than you couldn’t run some perkbuilds. And what’s with new players with only a few perks?

I like to see another way for using more different perks...

a) a in-Game perk-randomizer, if you use it you earn more bloodpoints for example

b) you couldn’t use the same perks after one match so you have to switch to other perks for the next match

c) in the pre lobby all survivors see the perksettings of the other players and every perk could be selected by one player

Maybe one of these ideas could find the way into the game...

• feelthepain23
    feelthepain23 Member Posts: 14
    Options

I like the first idea, that would be good to see, especially if you have the choice to use it or not, so it isn't forced on anyone.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    edited June 2020
    Options

I've had a similar idea, but a bit different. Perk slot can only have a tier 1 perk (If you have a higher tier perk they become tier 1 in that slot) Perk 2 becomes a tier 2 perk, perk 3 is a tier 3 perk. And the 4th perk must be one of the killers/survivors own perks or a default perk and that perk would be a tier 3 perk as well.

I know that they'd never implement this, but I think that this would really get people to experiment with different builds and add a bunch of variety to builds and play styles.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

A similar idea popped up earlier today on the forum. I think it's a bad idea, because people would just wind up arguing endlessly about which bucket each perk should be placed into.

Also, divvying them up explicitly according to strength would make balancing an incredible inconvenience, and character builds would constantly be getting screwed up.

• felipao_brabo
    felipao_brabo Member Posts: 169
    Options

then R.I.P perk synergy