Which killers could be 'beatable' unarmed?

Dr_Loomis
Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

Take their weapon away (if they have one, obviously we can't remove Hag or Demogorgon's claws for example).

Remove the extra buffs provided in the Entity's relam and put the killers in their pre-Fog state. Obviously some killers have powers besides their weapons that make them pretty much unbeatable (Pyramid Head for example).

Now looking at a one on one brawl, which of the killers could be 'beatable'? You could look at it from a personal level, or weigh up the chances of an 'average person' being able to defeat one of the killers. I mean David would be able to hammer the crap out of the Legion members, probably a couple at a time.

Let's start with the 'jobbers'?

All 4 members of the Legion wouldn't be an issue, especially the girls who are very small. They would be lost without their weapons. I expect they would of been too busy doing graffiti and committing shoplifting to do any combat training. They look like a bunch of trick or treaters.

Ghost Face strikes me as an 'average joe' and without a blade would find himself somewhat 'naked'. Look at some of the most famous real serial killers from years past: very few had above average physical strength or fighting skill.

The Clown was athletic back in the day, but currently is a physical wreck. Take away his knife and bottles...he's just a fat, out of shape old man. He may have good physical strength, but a swift punch to the gut could put him on the deck.

Amanda Young may look somewhat horrifying when donning a pig mask, but under that grotesque garb, she's simply a 107lb recovering drug addict. While occasionally volatile in the Saw films, she usually 'flexed her muscles' when her enemy was helpless or injured. Small of stature and with no known combat skills, she wouldn't cause many problems.

The 50/50s?

Deathslinger is quite tall, has obviously been in some scrapes, but looks absolutely knackered. He also has a bad wheel as illustrated with his leg brace. A sharp kick to that and he could topple.

Huntress obviously hasn't had any hand to hand combat training, and relies on her wild instinct and favourite weapons. Whilst she's physically imposing and would probably be quite strong, she could succumb to someone with a coordinated fighting style.

Leatherface is a huge man who has high physical prowess. But his coordination is nonexistent. He's another killer driven by instinct. Without his hammer and trusty chainsaw, he could be exposed to a crafty ball shot which would leave him him prone.

Now with the real killers:

Trapper is very strong and seems like he could kick some serious rear. His probably share's his father's love for fisticuffs.

Hillbilly is like Leatherface with attributes, but has diplayed he has high stamina. He's another feral character who has wild characteristics. His tolerance for pain could make him a formidable foe.

It would be difficult to subdue supernatural killers like Nurse, Wraith, Spirit and Freddy.

Hag would be too uncontrollable and would likely leap at you like a velociraptor and tear your throat open. It would be like fighting a rabid animal.

The Doctor has the ability to produce electric shocks. He could incapacitate you and then attack when your guard is down. He's also quite a large man.

Michael Myers is just too strong and can take an unbelievable amount of damage. He could snap your neck in a second.

Plague would just vomit from a distance and you would be blighted by the sickness. Tangling with Plague anyway would probably lead to infection, making her the human equivalent of a venomous dart frog.

Demogorgon could easily overpower most human beings. Like Hag, the Demogorgon is uncontrollable and would rip you to pieces in a frenzied attack.

Oni is a seasoned warrior and perhaps the most physically strong killer currently in the fog. He would have combat skills and could easily defeat most challengers.

Pyramid Head dies when HE want to or when the time is right. You could pound on him all day, it would just slow down your inevitable demise.

And forget about having a tear-up with the Entity!

Comments

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667

Wraith is a thin man, and his ability to be stealthy doesn't help in a fight since you can still see and harm him during the cloak, so I'd argue he's only a 50/50.

Considering Hillbilly owns the perk Enduring, I'd argue he could take a bunch of hits, despite his basic stature, making him comparable to Trapper.

The rest though, I agree with.

• Dr_Loomis
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

If you really remove the entity buffs then doc loses his shock powers which is written that the entity gave him.

Nurse loses her wall phasing and psychokinesis so that would make it easier but due to her profession she knows all human vitals and presumably pressure points so despite her stature she can do serious damage even unarmed.

Spirit would no longer be able to phase or have that magic sword since superpowers were no doubt part of that "deal" however if her soul is strong enough to become a ghost you'd probably lose anyway.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

That last part is what I wonder about. Which killer powers are entirely entity-granted and which are a function of their "natural" state now?

If we're in a world where something like the entity exists at all, it seems reasonable that we might also be in a world where vengeful spirits and such exist. So is Spirit only powerful within the realm of the entity, or would she still be a raging spirit in the "real world"?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Didn't the Entity grant Philip the Wailing Bell?

I don't think he's supernatural pre-Entity.

• starkiller1286

Not entirely sure didn't get her lore bits and the backstory through info doesnt explain much. Though I believe she agreed to work for the entity if she could hack her father apart like she was. I think she might have had the soul strength to be a ghost but not one that could directly murder people, plus she'd only target her father originally. Might have to check the wiki for a bit more detail but I doubt it.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Pig!

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

How could you remember Deathslinger's peg leg but not forget his jaw is nearly hanging off :)

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I tried my best to forget about it. It looked so disgusting in the trailer haha...

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

Yeah, Wraith was a totally normal guy until the Entity grabbed him, and not only that, a guy who didn't want to kill anyone. He murdered his boss out of revenge for tricking him into killing others, and caught him by surprise - a very crime of passion killing. I don't think he'd be hard to take without any entity-helped powers.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,905
    edited June 2020

The Legion, Ghostface, Clown and the Pig. Would get their asses whupped.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587
    edited June 2020

Wouldn't Adiris (Plague) be just a woman who's dying from a plague? (Also her foot which is heavily infected from chopping off her toe with a non-sterile knife)

She wouldn't really be able to move because her foot is infected & the plague making her weak, and probably not able to vomit that far without Entity Steroids (or her throat would be so irritated and damaged from stomach acid making it hard to breath and projectile vomit properly).

At best she'd be a 50/50, Survivors would just have to briskly walk away from her until she just drops and even then if they did get infected they'd probably win from a battle of attrition considering how far infected she is.

• JustCats
    JustCats Member Posts: 298

Considering that they're all pretty easy to deal with at full strength/loadout with just a flashlight I'm not sure any of them would fare terribly well in the octagon.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

I'm confused about your specifications for this stuff; are we assuming pre-Entity or just that they're not unstoppable because Entity magic? Because if we're assuming pre-Fog state most of the original Killers were just more or less regular people.

That aside:

Everyone seems to be forgetting that pre-Entity Wraith overpowered an armed man AND RIPPED HIS [BAD WORD] SPINE AND SKULL OUT WITH HIS BARE HANDS!!! He's at least as lethal with his bare hands as Michael.

Clown may be overweight and old, but he's also huge! Assuming our fighter is also using their bare hands it wouldn't be that easy to stop him.

And Huntress; we're shown her bashing a soldier's face in with her bare hands in her lore - she's strong and fast and would probably have an above average chance against anyone in a one on one fight.

As for Leatherface he's fairly strong and huge; not only could he pretty easily kill someone with his bare hands how exactly would you stop him? The guy takes a chainsaw to the leg (and bullets in other later films) and still keeps coming.

Maybe if you're sending in some martial arts master like Ip Man or Leung Bik against these people, they'll lose, but I'm pretty sure they would crush just about anyone else.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

If we are looking on a personal level i think even Susie would kick my behind

• DCh4rlie
    DCh4rlie Member Posts: 66

I wouldn't underestimate Amanda. She might be a drug addict, but she still learned from the best. Just like Hoffman and John, you can be sure about her thinking one step ahead. She might be beatable at first but careful not to get into one of her unescapable traps.

• Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550

I think she would at least be able to kill people, if she is strong enough to become an onryo.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Pretty sure most of the killers have been enlarged by the entity.

Take that away, and most of them could be beaten by a good fighter.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Huntress is a beast. She took out trained soldiers pre entity. She isn't 50/50 she is 100% going to kick someones ass

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,361

Nah... I'm pretty sure even Ip would be in trouble. The guy is good buy I'm pretty sure that wouldnt stop Bubba from just grabbing him and doing this.

If the guy can shrug off a chainsaw, I highly doubt theres anything Ip can do to him as he's being carried away like a sack of potatos.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Honestly, I'd say Myers and the Demogorgon are the two most dangerous without weapons.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,905
    edited June 2020

I think Michael Myers is one killer the Entity really did not need to alter much, if at all.

Michael is a force to be reckoned with in the movies, even without a weapon. You can stab him, shoot him, set him on fire, run him over with a car......Michael shakes it off and keeps on coming at you. Plus he displays some massive strength e.g. when he lifted Bob clear off the ground with one hand and held him there for several seconds before stabbing him to a wall.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

If you take away their supernatural powers, everyone except Huntress, Oni, and Hillbilly.

Hillbilly broke his shackles and tore down a brick wall, not to mentioning running after and slaughtering farm animals. Even if he is deformed, good luck taking down someone with his strength.

Oni is a trained warrior with the strength to rip out another person's tongue. It basically took an entire village to kill him, and even then he withstood their assault for some time. He's very strong and has the martial training to go with it.

Huntress operates purely on instinct - kill, eat, survive - but has the brain of a human. You will not take her down unarmed, even if you're the world's strongest man. You may go for a punch to her sternum, for example, but she will tear open your jugular with her bare hands and bite your face off.

The others, without their supernatural powers, are just average (sometimes below-average) humans. Hell, Spirit is literally falling apart, she'd bleed out and die in seconds if you did nothing.

I'm not sure what the Demogorgon is like on the show because I got bored of it, so no comment on it.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

I mostly agree with your list. Clown and leatherface scare me, most fat guys I know are incredibly strong and tough.

Freddy would depend on circumstances, because out of the dream world, I would stomp a mudhole in him. Inside the dream world, he's basically invulnerable.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Oni, Huntress, Demo, and Freddy can probably do the most damage.

• TwistedJoke65
    TwistedJoke65 Member Posts: 316

Ghostface would get pretty messed up without his knife. He's clumsy. That's his downfall. Have you seen how many times he trips and falls in the movies?

Amanda I feel would be able to put up a struggle but would inevitably get tired out and lose.

Wraith would also get pretty messed due to his physique. Now this is if you count his bell as part of his weapon. In the game he never hits anyone with it. Take away his skull weapon thing and he could probably go to hurting you with the bell. This is out of the question if you take that away to though.

Deathslinger does seem like he has a bad leg but he's a friggin cowboy. A bounty hunter. If he was able to last long bounty hunting with the bad leg (assuming bad leg is pre or during that state of his life) he would know how to get around someone trying to kick his leg. It's predictable that someone would go for your bad area, so he would protect it.

If you take Freddy's claws away it doesn't do much. In the dream world he can do anything. You take away the physical weapon and he can turn into a new weapon entirely. Now take him outside of the dream world and he's helpless.

Leatherface from what I remember is a bit slow mentally(putting it lightly) if you took away his weapons I don't think he'd know what to do. He wouldn't be powerless though. He's a big man and with his mental issues he'd not know when to stop and he'd overpower you and most likey kill you. If you can get away however, he's not that fast. Bubba can only waddle so much.

Killers like huntress and trapper are literal animals who hunt. They have their tactics and could take you down pretty easily.

While spirit is falling apart she's also a ghost. If you say she didn't get her powers pre entity than she won't be a problem at all because she's dead. She's called spirit for a reason.

Other killers like Michael, Billy, or Oni are just simply big man who could sucker punch you to the next realm.

Hag seems pretty feeble so if you can keep distance and kick her from behind or so she'd get messed up. She has long arms and claws though so it's be hard. Demogorgons out of the picture here. He's a monster from another realm and is hell-bent on killing. Go mono e mono with it and you screwed. Hard.

Now what I would like to see is who would win In a battle royal of the killers. All have their weapons and powers. Who would be the last one standing?

• TwistedJoke65
    TwistedJoke65 Member Posts: 316

There should be an achievement for Moriing someone in front of the hook as bubba.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

In the wraith's lore RIPPED SOMEONE'S HEAD OFF WITH HIS BEAR HANDS!

Remember the skull on his weapon he got from justly killing a mobster unarmed whose murders called the entity to take and corrupt the wraith(Remember the wraith was a tricked innocent that avenged the murdered).

As for @Dr_Loomis for legion if it wasn't for the entity's intervention all 4 of them(The entity separates them but without it all 4 would fight together) would gang up on David and easily overwhelm him.

For as weak as they are individually all four of them would be able to pin any survivor down long enough for the survivor to be knocked out.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982

Hmm I could take on half the legion and probably ghostface? The rest I’m dead. If I ever see Oni the best thing to do is sit in a corner and cry.

• Dr_Loomis
    edited June 2020

Well I was speaking about one on one, but I reckon David could probably beat up all four of them at the same time.

I have personally witnessed brawls where one bloke has took out several other guys. I think a seasoned street fighter wouldn't break a sweat over 4 edgey teens.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

I may be biased but my mamacita would be able to use the environment to her advantage. She's a survivalist and would find a way. No one comes out of her woods.....unless im playing her. I suck.

• Blendette_will_Evade
    Blendette_will_Evade Member Posts: 69

Are we just gonna forget how Freddy got his butt cheeks handed to him by two teenagers or-

• Loner
    Loner Member Posts: 139

You knew the answers(Kind of)yourself already,what was the point of making this thread which has been made alot of times by now(The "Which killers would you be able to kill/whatever in the real world).

• Loner
    Loner Member Posts: 139

Sorry if I came off as rude,just my personality. I like to be very direct with people,however they view me as. I'm going to take that emoji as an aswer I guess.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

Pyramid head is probably the most dangerous thing in the game he would probably attack other killers, he tried to kill the other creatures in silent hill 2 when he was in proximity to them and seems to be unkillable by normal means.

Plague is interesting I want to say she would still be able to kill someone with her bare hands since she is such a giant woman who won't let a life threatening disease stop her.

Amanda is probably the easiest one to take out, I still don't know why they made her The Pig.

• starkiller1286

Freddy is inconsistant at best. The first film he dissolves into nothing if you don't believe in him. In other films immolation does him in.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

The whole, "I don't believe in you" thing was so silly, too.

Like...girl, your friends are actually dead. You can't just pretend you don't believe in him NOW. What, did rabid dingoes slash Tina up?

• starkiller1286

Yeah it would have been much better if she was a lucid dreamer and stopped his murder attempt on her since he is one that can hijack the dreams of others or if she drug him to the real world and beatings commenced.