The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Anyone else think clown needs a speed nerf?

Answers

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited September 2018
    Pennywise said:

I reg'd this account ages ago, but I have up to this point posted on Steam. I am being serious. The Hag, Huntress and Spirit can either close the gap quickly or can hit at ranged, which is why they have a slower movement speed of 110%. So why then does the Clown and Hillbilly have a walking speed of 115% like the other killers but they also can quickly close the gap? Bad design.

Great idea. I think both should have their movement speed nerfed to compensate for their ability so they're back at zero with no advantages.

Lets nerf all exhaustion perks too by decreasing survivors sprint speed to 85% to compensate for their massive speed bursts while we are at it.
  • blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

He's not op. He can be difficult to deal with when you don't have windows or pallets, but when you do he's easy.

• Greater_Cultist
    Greater_Cultist Member Posts: 81

@kingreaps said:
    In my opinion the clowns is a bit to over powered because he is way too fast and there is no counter to his power with is speed being extreamly fast 

Clown is normal movement speed and his power doesn't slow you down after he hits you unless he threw it prematurely in the direction you were running through. Clown doesn't need nerfs, infact he might need a bit of a buff, but definitely not a nerf.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

Firstly, I know people must have pretty much hammered it in your face at this point but the clown is the same speed at pretty much every single killer in the game at the exeption of nurse T1 myers and the hag.
    Making him slower will make his power useless, nurse slowdown is because her power make her able to gain a tremendous advantage.
    If you think the clown power to be enought of a justification to having him be slower than base speed you are insane.

Secondly...

*Think

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@kingreaps said:
    In my opinion the clowns is a bit to over powered because he is way too fast and there is no counter to his power with is speed being extreamly fast 

If he was slower then the short speed decrease when hit by the bottle wouldn't matter because it would take to long to catch up. Clown is effective at shutting down loops and (not to sound mean or point fingers) most survivors don't know how to lose a killer once a loop is shortened or taken away. You need to know where the Clown might try to throw a bottle to block your loop and instead change course or simply fake it out and use a loop a little earlier.

Clown is much like Huntress when she first came out and people use to complain she was too "OP" because she could hit you at pallets. But eventually people figured out that you just put the pallet down earlier or faked the pallet drop altogether.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Clown is one of my favorite killer to play as and against. 

If anything I think his bottles should be buffed to a capacity of 5 or 6. This will make up for being so slow to reload your bottles. The only time I reload is after hooking or by a pallet. 

And slow killers are boring to go against unless they have some amazing powers like hag causing you to go insane and the huntress with her hatchets. 

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Hm. Can someone explain to me what this exploit is about?
  • Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346

@kingreaps said:
    Tsulan said:

He's as fast as the trapper. Would you consider the trapper to be to fast?

Does the rapper have anything to slow you down mid-chase and instantly catch you? 

Yes, he can stop you completely with well placed traps.

• Iceman
    kingreaps said:
    Tsulan said:
    He's as fast as the trapper. Would you consider the trapper to be to fast?
    Does the rapper have anything to slow you down mid-chase and instantly catch you? 
    Oooo the rapper is that the next killer? Power he/she has a mic and it makes the survivors ear bleed. The rapper was possessed by a banshee. 

Are you an undercover dev? 
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@fakelove said:
    @kingreaps here you go, maybe that's what happened to you
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbzrt-6e0ac

"No exploit" that is like the definition of an exploit. Really hope they fix that.

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

Nah, if you ask me Clown is a perfectly balanced killer, doesn't need a buff but a nerf would hurt him badly.

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    If you take a killer that slows down survivors and make him slow, then you've just made him a killer that cant win unless he uses his power. A killers power is supposed to help him, not be something that is seen as an excuse to nerf him in other areas.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Leave the clown alone and fix the exploit. With the exception of situational perks, the killer is suppose to be faster by design.
  • kingreaps
    kingreaps Member Posts: 41

Firstly, I know people must have pretty much hammered it in your face at this point but the clown is the same speed at pretty much every single killer in the game at the exeption of nurse T1 myers and the hag.
    Making him slower will make his power useless, nurse slowdown is because her power make her able to gain a tremendous advantage.
    If you think the clown power to be enought of a justification to having him be slower than base speed you are insane.

Secondly...

*Think

How is it going to make his power useless his power is to slow you down how is it fair that with out his bottles he can keep up with you and with his bottles he can keep up with you so please explain 

• DemonDaddy
    edited September 2018
    He is base speed, his power helps to close the gap and deter loopers from playing an area to long. If you're trying to outrun the killer you not playing right
  • kingreaps
    He is base speed, his power helps to close the gap and deter loopers from playing an area to long. If you're trying to outrun the killer you not playing right
    He can do that with out his power like what are u saying 

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

@kingreaps said:

He has baseline speed for killers. Anything less than what he has would result in him being pretty awful. His power does really well vs loops/people running in straight lines. Have to try and bait out his bottles before he gets too close too you. Gotta learn how to play against him.

• kingreaps
    Elegant said:

@kingreaps said:

He has baseline speed for killers. Anything less than what he has would result in him being pretty awful. His power does really well vs loops/people running in straight lines. Have to try and bait out his bottles before he gets too close too you. Gotta learn how to play against him.

Gotta learn how to play against him when he can just spam bottles even if you bait the bottles he's just going to spam and he does well against loop with out the bottles 100 speed survivers 115 clown can keep up with out his power his speed makes that whole thing of his gass slowing u to 85 is useless when he is 115 and keeps up with out his power
  • Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited September 2018

@kingreaps said:
    How is it going to make his power useless his power is to slow you down how is it fair that with out his bottles he can keep up with you and with his bottles he can keep up with you so please explain 

The after piece tonic slow down a survivor by 15% for 2 second whenever they enter the gas.
    The normal killer speed is 115%
    The slow killer speed is 105%
    If they gave him the slow killer speed he would be useless because his power would be to be able to go barely faster than a normal killer speed for 2 second whenever a survivor get in the gaz.
    WICH WOULD MAKE HIS POWER USELESS

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited September 2018

I don't.
    Tell you what: Once bottles go as fast as Hunting Hatchets, i'll come back.

• kingreaps

@kingreaps said:

The after piece tonic slow down a survivor by 15% for 2 second whenever they enter the gas.
    The normal killer speed is 115%
    The slow killer speed is 105%
    If they gave him the slow killer speed he would be useless because his power would be to be able to go barely faster than a normal killer speed for 2 second whenever a survivor get in the gaz.
    WICH WOULD MAKE HIS POWER USELESS

When your in the gass u drop to 85 speed for 2 seconds so 110 or 105 would make him a bit more balanced + he has ad ons to make it longer so i mean every one says it's only for 2 seconds but forget that he has ad ons to increase the slowness but he ballenced 115 with bottles that slow you down to 85 

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    kingreaps said:

Simple answer. NO
  • DemonDaddy
    Its not that he is to fast; he is designed to keep the survivors from performing endless chases. You have to treat him differently than a normal killer chase. Break los as early as possible( map can make this difficult ). Boldness will serve you no purpose without skill to bait his throws. The longer the chase, the worse your chances if the player is good. As to without his power,  that is just a bad chase on survivor side.
    kingreaps said:

• kingreaps
    kingreaps said:

Simple answer. NO
    your probly a little clown main and don't think anything wrong with him bc it's easy 4k like come on now kid 115 that slows u to 85 with ad ons to make the effect last longer 

• kingreaps
    Its not that he is to fast; he is designed to keep the survivors from performing endless chases. You have to treat him differently than a normal killer chase. Break los as early as possible( map can make this difficult ). Boldness will serve you no purpose without skill to bait his throws. The longer the chase, the worse your chances if the player is good. As to without his power,  that is just a bad chase on survivor side.
    kingreaps said:

Again he doesn't need his power because of his speed his speed makes his power useless why have a killer with 115 speed with a power to slow you to 85 I'm pretty sure that 115 is higher then 100 he's to fast his power is useless with him being 115 speed 
  • DemonDaddy
    edited September 2018
    Look I'm not a clown main and not skilled enough to be entitled. Just stating that he is the same as most killers. With the right add-ons his power is imposing; though not the same as Billy chainsaw.  Be glad they didn't make another instant down killer. Also not a kid and suck at throwing( no ez kills for me)
  • kingreaps

Yup, the killer has a power that helps him in a chase...better nerf it so instead he has a power that compensates for a weakness bringing him up, briefly, to the speed of other killers. Brilliant. And people wonder why this game has lost almost 30% of its player base in the last 2 months.

Lmao in the last 2 months the game has been alive more then ever ur a funny guy and yeah nerf him bc his power doesn't help in chases bc his speed already gives him enough help 

• kingreaps

And yet the game has still shed 30% of its player base in the last 2 months. At least on the PC based on steam numbers. His "speed" is no greater than that of any other killer standard speed killer. But, yeah, let the nerfing begin for those easy wins, right?

But do anyother killers have gass to slow you down to 85 speed? And any other killer has counters like u can counter the chainsaw with walls and windows and trapper traps are one of the easiest things to counter hatchets are easy to counter what's the counter for his gass not a wall ur at 85 speed not a window instant slow vault not a pallet insta slow vault please tell me a counter to it

• kingreaps

It's called the killer's power, it's his advantage, it's what helps balance him against the fact that he's one against four. It's supposed to give him an advantage over survivors. Even so, The Clown, like any other killer, has his counters. You have to learn how to avoid him and his attacks. It's not that difficult. And if he does catch you with the gas? Again, THAT'S HIS ADVANTAGE.

You are right about one thing, other killer powers are entirely too easy to counter. That's the problem. Survivor mains are so accustomed to powers they can just pretty much avoid that when they're faced with a killer who has an ability that can actually affect them they cry for nerfs as loudly as they can.

Again, gotta get those easy wins!

Okay so tell me the counters to the gass then if u just have all the answers please tell me and I'm saying nerf bc I look at it both ways as survivor his gass is op and as the killer I see that it's ridiculous that he's 115 and drops u down to 85 nd also like the fact the he stays 115 when he's reloading and there's no delay to him canceling the reloaded so he can instantly hit you off the cancelled animation but he's pretty balanced tho
  • kingreaps

Good, I'm glad we agree that he's balanced.

Exactly my point. No way to counter play the clown and u know that ur just a killer main who doesn't want him nerfed so u can continue getting easy 4 kills because it takes no effort with the clown bc how op he is 
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Literally the most balanced killer in the game, and you are complaining?

• blue4zion

@kingreaps said:
    ZombieGenesis said:

Good, I'm glad we agree that he's balanced.

Exactly my point. No way to counter play the clown and u know that ur just a killer main who doesn't want him nerfed so u can continue getting easy 4 kills because it takes no effort with the clown bc how op he is 

xD xD xD xD xD xD xD
    ok

• ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403
    edited September 2018
    He’s fine the way he is. 

Speaking of exploits though, I had a clown the other day who used his bottle throwing stance to wedge himself practically inside survivors on the hook. It ended up having the equivalent effect of old school facecamping before MD hooks, so nobody could get saved. That nonsense better get patched soon. 

(And yes, survivor exploits need to gtfo too)

edit: my autocorrect sh!t the bed
  • kingreaps

Literally the most balanced killer in the game, and you are complaining?

How is he balanced explain

• kingreaps
    He’s fine the way he is. 

Speaking of exploits though, I had a clown the other day who used his bottle throwing stance to wedge himself practically inside survivors on the hook. It ended up having the equivalent effect of old school facecamping before MD hooks, so nobody could get saved. That nonsense better get patched soon. 

Explain how he's fine I've given multiple reasons why he should be nerfed but no wants to say any reasons on why he's fine other then if u nerf his speed his powers useless when his power slows you down and he's 115 speed and doesn't need something to slow you down when he can keep up with you with out his gass with his gass it's just to redicules 

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    kingreaps said:
    He’s fine the way he is. 

Explain how he's fine I've given multiple reasons why he should be nerfed but no wants to say any reasons on why he's fine other then if u nerf his speed his powers useless when his power slows you down and he's 115 speed and doesn't need something to slow you down when he can keep up with you with out his gass with his gass it's just to redicules 

Everyone has given you a ######### billion reasons hes balanced but you decided to dismiss it all using "toxic/entitled main" which is not an argument but just this games version of Godwins Law.

At this point i will just ask you to print out your stupid thread and attach it to your application for disability allowance cause that way you didnt waste your time on this forum.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

They just need to fix the exploits and he's back toa baseline movement speed where he should be.

• kingreaps
    kingreaps said:
    He’s fine the way he is. 

Everyone has given you a [BAD WORD] billion reasons hes balanced but you decided to dismiss it all using "toxic/entitled main" which is not an argument but just this games version of Godwins Law.

At this point i will just ask you to print out your stupid thread and attach it to your application for disability allowance cause that way you didnt waste your time on this forum.
    Give me some examples Mr internet smart ass
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    kingreaps said:
    kingreaps said:
    He’s fine the way he is. 

Everyone has given you a [BAD WORD] billion reasons hes balanced but you decided to dismiss it all using "toxic/entitled main" which is not an argument but just this games version of Godwins Law.

Give me some examples Mr internet smart ass
    You got found in the first place dipshit. You done ######### up, now take the punishment of being chased by a Killer who’s powerful in the chase. What you want is to say “######### Stealth”.

You like so many Survivors want Stealth AND the chase to be super viable options at the same time. That not how it works. Each Killer has thier strength and weaknesses. Clown is most powerful in the chase, so don’t get into a chase at any cost. Other Killers are not so strong in the chase, so it’s fine to be chased more often. Seriously, you need to adjust your play style based on what Killer you’re facing.

Whats the damn point of Killers with different powers, different strengths and weaknesses, if you just play the same way against all of them and it works every single time? Stop trying to whine and complain being chased by Clown is harder and adjust you play style to be more careful and sneaky.

This is like people complaining you have to crouch more with Hag, watch your step with Trapper, or be better at Looping with Freddy. 
  • Iceman
    kingreaps said:
    He’s fine the way he is. 

Clown is my second favorite killer that I like to play as. I tend to get average of two kills on good days. There are days where all survivors escape or I am lucky enough to get a 4K kill. 

The clown doesn’t need a nerf because his bottles need to be thrown at perfect timing. You can counter the clown bottles when he throws them in an open field. Also if two of my bottles do not hit the survivor then I have to try to regain my steps so I can get a hit on a survivor. It is very important to not misuse your bottle because it can become a long chase when a survivor loops you. 

The only smart time for a clown to reload his bottle is when by pallets or after hooking a survivor. Other than it wouldn’t be so smart. 

The clown needs to at least get one hook before two gens pop otherwise it will be a challenging game for the clown. 

There are plenty of ways to outplay a killer, you shouldn’t depend on always running. You can take risk by trying to juke killer or 360. I was able to juke a clown for the duration of the last gen being done. 

You say clown always get 4K, I would love to see at least 5gameplay screenshots of you playing as the clown. And I would prefer if you are below rank 10

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@SovererignKing said:

You got found in the first place dipshit. You done ######### up, now take the punishment of being chased by a Killer who’s powerful in the chase. What you want is to say “[BAD WORD] Stealth”.

You like so many Survivors want Stealth AND the chase to be super viable options at the same time. That not how it works. Each Killer has thier strength and weaknesses. Clown is most powerful in the chase, so don’t get into a chase at any cost. Other Killers are not so strong in the chase, so it’s fine to be chased more often. Seriously, you need to adjust your play style based on what Killer you’re facing.

Whats the damn point of Killers with different powers, different strengths and weaknesses, if you just play the same way against all of them and it works every single time? Stop trying to whine and complain being chased by Clown is harder and adjust you play style to be more careful and sneaky.

This is like people complaining you have to crouch more with Hag, watch your step with Trapper, or be better at Looping with Freddy. 

For me personally I'd rather have it go completely stealth based and not how much you can loop the killer in one spot. You'll have options in a chase but it's a last resort type of thing not hey let me look for the best looping spot.

• kingreaps
    Iceman said:
    kingreaps said:
    He’s fine the way he is. 

Clown is my second favorite killer that I like to play as. I tend to get average of two kills on good days. There are days where all survivors escape or I am lucky enough to get a 4K kill. 

The clown doesn’t need a nerf because his bottles need to be thrown at perfect timing. You can counter the clown bottles when he throws them in an open field. Also if two of my bottles do not hit the survivor then I have to try to regain my steps so I can get a hit on a survivor. It is very important to not misuse your bottle because it can become a long chase when a survivor loops you. 

The only smart time for a clown to reload his bottle is when by pallets or after hooking a survivor. Other than it wouldn’t be so smart. 

The clown needs to at least get one hook before two gens pop otherwise it will be a challenging game for the clown. 

There are plenty of ways to outplay a killer, you shouldn’t depend on always running. You can take risk by trying to juke killer or 360. I was able to juke a clown for the duration of the last gen being done. 

You say clown always get 4K, I would love to see at least 5gameplay screenshots of you playing as the clown. And I would prefer if you are below rank 10

Thank u some one with actual reasons but even with all those reasons I still think he needs a speed nerf and play style for different killers it's play style for maps bc there are times where I have juked the clown and 360 but 
  • blue4zion

"I don't know how to play against this killer but i don't want to learn how I just want nerfs >:I"

This discussion has given me so many laughs tonight, thank you :)

• kingreaps
    blue4zion said:

"I don't know how to play against this killer but i don't want to learn how I just want nerfs >:I"

This discussion has given me so many laughs tonight, thank yoif u have red my last thing that I said u wouldn't be making statements like "I don' know how to play this killer I just want nerf" and your probly a killer main so expected u do what it nerfed

• blue4zion

@kingreaps said:
    blue4zion said:

This discussion has given me so many laughs tonight, thank yoif u have red my last thing that I said u wouldn't be making statements like "I don' know how to play this killer I just want nerf" and your probly a killer main so expected u do what it nerfed

red... probly....? oh sorry

um I'm absolutely not a killer main thanks to the stress of playing killer xD
    The clown is not op. Use pallets and use windows. He might be hard for survivors whos only tactic is to loop, considering his power helps against loops.
    I'm not going to go any further into trying to help you understand why he's not op considering how many responses you've just disregarded and how set you are in thinking you're right.

" u have red my last thing that I said u wouldn't be making statements like "I don' know how to play this killer I just want nerf"
    I didn't make a statement lol I was poking fun at you xD

• kingreaps
    blue4zion said: 

@kingreaps said:
    blue4zion said:

The clown is not op. Use pallets and use windows. He might be hard for survivors whos only tactic is to loop, considering his power helps against loops.
    I'm not going to go any further into trying to help you understand why he's not op considering how many responses you've just disregarded and how set you are in thinking you're right.

" u have red my last thing that I said u wouldn't be making statements like "I don' know how to play this killer I just want nerf"

"Use pallets and windows" clown throws bottle insta slow vault to a free hit can u tell me why? His speed that's why
  • blue4zion

@kingreaps said:
    blue4zion said: 

@kingreaps said:

blue4zion said:

"Use pallets and windows" clown throws bottle insta slow vault to a free hit can u tell me why? His speed that's why

or maybe
    is it maybe
    perhaps cause
    you make potato decisions that allow you to be hit
    ok sorry I'm done responding fr, cause you're so thick headed that you won't even consider the fact that you've just not fully understood how to play against him. Byeee

• kingreaps
    blue4zion said:

@kingreaps said:
    blue4zion said: 

@kingreaps said:

blue4zion said:

or maybe
    is it maybe
    perhaps cause
    you make potato decisions that allow you to be hit
    ok sorry I'm done responding fr, cause you're so thick headed that you won't even consider the fact that you've just not fully understood how to play against him. Byeee

Lol not understanding use a window or pallet but mid vault get hit by bottle instantly on ur ass bc speed use a pallet throws a bottle so u drop it get hit threw it he breaks it ur slowed and he's instantly on your ass bc his speed but I don't know how to play against him tho right