The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Taking all bets! Which characters are LGBT and which are heterosexual?

Orion
Orion Member Posts: 21,675
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

Figured I might as well try to lighten the mood with a fun, light-hearted thread.

Since the devs are now going to "out" everyone's orientations, who do you think is heterosexual, who do you think is homosexual, who do you think is bisexual, and who do you think is asexual? Keep in mind this will likely only apply to original characters, not licensed ones.

I don't think any characters are going to be bisexual or asexual because they're usually forgotten in the media.

I'll return to this thread in several hours to comment whom I think will be what and read all your replies. If you see someone going off-topic or being an #########, please ignore them so we can have a fun conversation about this.

PS: If you're someone who "doesn't care", why are you even in this thread?

Post edited by Orion on

Comments

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

they're all genderfluid bisexuals

• Cancan71
    Cancan71 Member Posts: 709

Well I think the first LGBT character will be revealed in a tome so I'll remove all characters that had a tome thus far.

The killers rumored to be in the next tome are Wraith and Hag but I don't imagine them being LGBT, Wraith has been shipped with Nurse and Hag's backstory is about being eaten alive so I don't think it will fit in her tome.

So I'm going to guess one of the survivors. Therefore I'll guess Jake. I have no real reason for it tbh but he's an original character so therefore he's more likely to appear in a near future tome.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited June 2020

They probably watch Dirty videos while at work and get inspired and do that to his character 😀.I can see David with an older man like William👍.I deeply thank them for That and love his character😏.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

I can't quite recall but wasn't there a rumor awhile back about Kate being trans, or, was that just a big fever dream of mine?

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

My guess is either Nea or Dwight

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    edited June 2020

Claudette is definitely bisexual, I'm calling it! Meg and Nea are secretly in a relationship. And I have a feeling Jeff might be bisexual also.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Lgbt characters

Min - Lesbian

Susie - Lesbian

Adam- Gay

Trapper-Gay

Joey - Bisexual

Yui - Bisexual

Claudette- Asexual

Doctor- Asexual

Straight

Ace

David

Jane

Zarnia

Spirit

Nurse

Wraith

Hag

Deathslinger

Oni

Jake

Meg

Kate

• Snowstruck
    Snowstruck Member Posts: 564
  • Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Whether they do it out a desire for money or not as long as they handle the story writing correctly I have no problem.

It doesn't take more than adding in her girlfriend or his boyfriend

• NinjaDette1

I can see David with another man😏.

• Jack_TheJolteon
    Jack_TheJolteon Member Posts: 128

Lesbian - Feng. Nea. Huntress. Nurse

Bi - Dwight. Jane. Claudette. Jake. Ace.

Straight - David. Adam. Jeff. Yui. Zarina. Meg

My Opinion

• DeadArsenal
    DeadArsenal Member Posts: 221

Man we're really proving Poe's Law these days, aren't we?

• Dwigtht
    Dwigtht Member Posts: 462

I often see David and Bill together working on same gen. Maybe they are just friends. 

• Dwigtht
    Dwigtht Member Posts: 462

Nurse and Spirit are ghostsexual

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Ace is gay. That's the only one I'm sure of 😋

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,196

Dwight can be coerced to do what his girlfriend wants.

David will fight with himself in the closet until death.

Kate changes based on who screwed her over last, and she writes songs about them too.

Something is very wrong with Jeff.

Zarina does not like sex.

Everyone else is straight.

• NinjaDette1
    edited June 2020

The day that I find David and William making out in a locker I’ll be happy😀.

• NeaMainNON_TOXIC3
    NeaMainNON_TOXIC3 Member Posts: 260

Kate gives off top bi vibes. Especially when you pair her biker top with a pair of shorts.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

I'll be surprised if Nea and Meg are not lesbians.

I honestly think my beloved Dweet is straight based on his recent lore in the tome, but it wouldn't be a shock if it turns out he's bi.

I could see David being in the closet and trying to hide it with a macho man act.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    edited June 2020

They'll probably either do 1-2 or slam like half the roster with it. Depends how hard they want to go on the attempted pride month pr move. Expecting minimal effort or overboard, soulless pr stunts are unlikely to be anything in between. Probably Meg, Nea, or David somewhere in the list given how quickly they come to mind for people. Honestly if they had just quietly released some pride merch for Nea especially I wouldn't have been surprised at all. Probably would have been a better way to go about it. Than this big showy move.

• Izo_Quartz
    Izo_Quartz Member Posts: 250

I will literally sacrifice the entity itself for David to be fully gay.

He could have possibly discovered his sexuality after the events of his lore.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited June 2020

Only Yui and Deathslinger strike me as LGBT

Yui to me has a brain dead give away: She was the leader of a female only motorcycle gang, it is very possible that she developed a romance with one of her race companions, plus, she had a very unpleasant encounter against an stalker, which would have probably lead her to have a fear of men, strengthening her bond with the members of her gang.

Deathslinger for a similar reason, he was the leader of the Hellshire gang, which was probably built from men only.

I have an strong feeling that he was in a romantic relationship with the warden, I seriously doubt he would go ahead and bounty hunt men just for political capital and revenge, there were probably romantic interests in between, that was the reason why he felt so furious and betrayed when bayshore bought the penitentiary; the warden had used Caleb as a tool to fulfill his political ambitions and did not truly see him as a partner.

• Orion
    edited June 2020

Well, this thread certainly blew up. A few people pretending they don't care and some others complaining (even though there are other threads for that), as expected, but mostly real comments.

Here's what I think (S - Straight; L - Lesbian; G - Gay; B - Bisexual; A - Asexual):

Survivors

• Dwight - S
    • Meg - S
    • Claudette - A
    • Jake - G or B
    • Nea - L
    • Ace - S
    • Feng - S or A
    • David - S
    • Kate - L
    • Adam - G
    • Jeff - S
    • Jane - S
    • Yui - L or B
    • Zarina - S

Killers

• Trapper - S or A
    • Wraith - G
    • Hillbilly - A
    • Nurse - S
    • Hag - S
    • Doctor - A
    • Huntress - A
    • Clown - S or B
    • Spirit - S
    • Legion - 3 are S and I get the feeling Joey's G
    • Plague - S or A
    • Oni - S or A
    • Deathslinger - G

EDIT: If you're wondering why no "T", it's because I don't believe the devs have included any so far.

EDIT #2: And if you're wondering why I included "B" and "A" even though I said the devs wouldn't include them, call it wishful thinking.

• Orion
  • Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

i just hope they don’t give every character an explicit sexual orientation, they should just mention it in the lore if it fits there.

also I hope Yui will be either straight or bi, just because the lesbian leader of an all female biker gang would be kinda cliche.

• Orion

Well, that's how they did it for (presumably) heterosexuals, so I don't see why they'd completely drop the ball now, especially given that they have LGBT staff.