Something positive about the next chapter?

dhealy646
dhealy646 Member Posts: 462

What are you guys excited for in the next update. Personally all the perks seem trash, the map will be another nightmare for mobility killers and pyramid head will be mediocre (trust me).

Tbh I'm just looking forward to those bp offerings

Comments

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

idc about dlc, just care for the event

• dhealy646

Yeah i think I'll pass on the dlc. Nothing in it seems worth it. Why play ph when I can play oni or spirit. Why get his perks when I have pop or corrupt?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

I mean, having another killer in the game with an ass like that- can't go wrong there.

I'm excited to try and find fun builds that work (even if I do eventually return to my lovely pop/surge/surveillance world), killer or survivor. I feel like in a 2man For The People and Soul Guard could be a laugh, but not exactly game changing, and this one person who's been annoying me can get hit with Repressed Alliance (or, you know, because PGTW is the best killer perk rn).

Also PH's power seems pretty fun to face and use, even if he is weak. Gonna have to see what they do on live. Cheryl, well... Never played Silent Hill or have much interest in it so probably won't main her.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited June 2020

Pyramid Head will be top tier once people actually master him/figure out his meta.

Everyone said the same about Slinger and now people hate going against good m&a slinger players because he can counter almost any loop instantly.

Pyramid Heads will be kicking ass through walls getting rapid pressure like nobody's business.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I don’t think PH will be mediocre, the map looks very interesting (and I will totally get lost all the time) and I guess I will use the survivor Perks, they don’t seem too bad but also not super OP..

i am also very excited about Legendary Characters (even though I won’t buy them for now because at least for Silent Hill and Lisa Garland I don’t have any attachment)

• dhealy646

Slinger still is low b at best. I get really fast chases but what's the point if I have nothing else. Pyramid head will be forever stuck in the mid tier. His cages are a little time saver and ignore 2 perks but sacrifice 2 perks. His ranged attack sucks andwill only be used for zoning. That attack will only work when survivors are mid animation so faking it will be the only use. If anything he will get weaker as survivors learn to counter him.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

Deathbound, Trail of Torment, and Blood Pact are perks I am looking forward to getting my hands on.

PH and Cheryl are also cool ig.

• BBQnDemogorgon

Nah man you can't react if you can't see Pyramid because using sound to hit through walls.

He also counters many survivor meta perks like DS/BT. He can force people out of loops by dropping trails since they slow...

He has so much going on he'll be top 5 killer easy.

• yikers
    yikers Member Posts: 94
    edited June 2020

Another dlc with bad perks, probably wont even buy the survivor.

PH looks cool though.

• dhealy646

He sacrifices pop and BBQ. The ground glows before the attack registers so it's extremely easy to dodge

• BBQnDemogorgon

Just wait til people are doing this over and over without missing.

Seriously you guys aren't taking into consideration skill after playing him for a long time.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BovinePlacidCoffeeWOOP

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Well for starters I am a casual player, so I don’t aim towards who is meta or not. I main Demodoggo for hell’s sake.

I can’t wait for Pyramid Head and Heather to release, hell the day before the chapter reveal I even told my friend that the next killer was Pyramid Head as the owners of SH said that they were not closing the doors on the franchise.

And because I find the Meta to be incredibly boring, I will probably play him for a while

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517

I skipped deathslinger but I'm pretty excited to give PH a whirl. I find it oddly satisfying to hit survivors with some of the larger weapons on other killers, and I don't think there's any weapon as big as the giant knife, so it looks like fun to me. I fully expect PH to get nerfed for absolutely no reason even though it seems like he's a mid tier killer, but I hope I'm wrong on that

100% agree that the killer perks are borderline useless though. We don't need 3 new meta perks every chapter but... I mean, none of these are even worth consideration. Don't think I've used any new perks in builds since Plague came out

• dhealy646

Survivors with half a brain will dodge it

The ground glows and roughly 0.5s later it hits. It's so reactable. Like a huntress hatchet but it can't be flicked and sensitivity is reduced

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Pyramid Head will be my new exclusively played main even though he doesn't seem to have top tier potential. The Silent Hill franchise means a lot to me. Maybe even a little too much for personal reasons. I will find a way to make him work even against decent survivors.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
    edited June 2020

Im excited about everything to do with the next chapter. Especially Lisa Garland skin. ❤

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Cheryl and Lisa

• Ev13698324
    Ev13698324 Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2020

I mean, his perks are bad. Some of Cheryls are alright I guess.

His power is interesting, but at the same time, it seems kinda bad to use.

His shockwave is easy to dodge, and should only be used for fakeouts, or in long halls or window/pallet vault animations.

His cages are cool, but apart from countering ds, don't synergise with any hook related killer perks. Sure they save a bit of time, but they also give survivors time, and will often close to a survivor.

The most solid part of his basekit is the mori on third hook imo.

He's going to be used because his power is interesting, not because he's top tier (which he isn't going to be). And unless he's adjusted somehow, he's going to stay that way.

Post edited by Ev13698324 on
  • SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

I can't wait to fire up PH and torment TF out of some survies! Already got a build in mind. >:3

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I've been waiting and excited for lisa since she was shown in the dbd anniversary stream.

• dhealy646

Um I'm on console. I'd love to break out my oni on you

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

Pretty much everything about the dlc makes me want it. Specifically, those who dare to master how the perks are used, or those who make Pyramid Head a true creature to fear. He will be a high-tiered killer, and the different map structure, etc.. it's just gonna be a lot of fun with and for those willing to experiment.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I've always had an interest in Silent Hill but never got into the series until very recently after finding out it was crossing over with DbD. Oddly I was more excited for this chapter than most even though I didn't know all too much about the series as i'd mostly seen videos on the games and a speedrun of one of them.

I'm impressed with how the chapter looks as you can really tell that the devs have a high amount of respect for the series. Seeing the school map and then playing Silent Hill 1 for myself put into perspective just how closely they resemble each other, with obvious changes to make it more playable in the world of DbD.

I'm without a doubt looking forward to this chapter and getting it as soon as it releases. I feel like i'm gonna have a good deal of fun playing Pyramid Head.

• PlantCollector
    PlantCollector Member Posts: 344

I guess i will buy it to keep my collection complete, otherwise i think i would have skipped it.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I don't think he will be super strong honestly.A solid mid tier killer at best.

His ranged attack can only be used when a survivor is locked in an animation,runs in a narrow space or for zoning.The cooldown for missed attacks is way too punishing to just go for blind shots through walls.

His cages are pretty situational because you don't get value from perks like BBQ or Pop when using them.You only want to use it to prevent a pallet/flashlight save or when you know that all survivors are nearby because otherwise it will be an easy save for the other survivors robbing you from the pressure you would have had if you slugged instead.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

You really think he'll compare to Spirit, Nurse, Oni, Hag or Billy? I can't see him coming into the top 8, let alone top 5. Huntress, Freddy and Doc (6, 7 and 8) are way stronger than him too. He's good, but he isn't one of the best.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768

Pyramid Head, I feel like, isn't going to be top tier, but he is nowhere near "bad". For me, he's on the very top of B-tier with a potential of going to A in the future. I, first and foremost, excited, because it's a goddamn Silent Hill. With Heather, Pyramid Head and Midwich School - the very best map in this whole game (you can argue that it's maybe not the most comfortable gameplaywise, but it would be stupid to say it isn't the best visually).

I will definitely toss a coin to BHVR for the amount of effort they put into this, once the Chapter comes out. Plus, I really want to play as Heather again, since SH3, and Pyramidboy himself proved me to be very fun to play during PTB.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    edited June 2020

For sure he'll be an uncounter-able killer in good hands. I'd put him in the same league as Nurse/DeathSlinger and Spirit. Because despite the attack being "easy to dodge" in reality if used correctly its existence is what's needed it doesn't need to hit.

It's the same as DeathSlingers gun the threat/possibility of the attack is its main utility.

He'll loop around with the trail going and you'll either

A: Dodge anticipating the ranged attack

B: Not dodge and lock yourself in an animation

Dodge and the killer will fake as the animation release is near instant the same bait DeathSlingers use

If you call out the bluff Pyramid will already drawing his trail the moment you're animation locked pallet/window etc he'll use the ranged attack.

Cannot be beaten in a chase and can hard tunnel. Torment someone, hook them, tunnel them, cage them then bam they're death hook or can be insta moried if they get Tormented again.

He denies DS/BT for good the moment you get tormented even a single time using that strategy. He'll be able to get a single person out at a rate other killers would need a mori to do.

• Yamaoka

The cages typically spawn near other survivors and on the other side of the map so good luck finding/tunneling survivors that run Iron Will when they get insta-saved on the other side of the map.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    edited June 2020

I did it just fine on the ptb. 99% of the time you can cross the map in time especially since they nerfed the size of several of them last mid chapter.

He's a 4.6 killer the survivors would have to be super lucky for you to not be somewhat close by the time they get to the cage.

Ironically the elementary school was the only map I found this to be an issue due to the floors/stair placement.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Trust me, he'll be great, but not on that wavelength. Top 5 is wayyyyyy out of his league. He's probably 9th best.

• Kate_cx
    Kate_cx Member Posts: 181

I'm still questioning how he's able to get blinded

• Yamaoka

I'm not sure whether it's really worth it, though. If everyone else is free to do gens while you run the map up and down to tunnel 1 guy the gens will just fly. Also since the cages are so random you have no consistency with tunneling because as you said sometimes they can spawn on different floors if it's a map with multiple elevations.

On top of that you have to keep investing time tormenting them again everytime they get saved from the cage so you have to invest time to save time.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Personally I'm gonna just try and play him in a role play manner first. Maybe that's enough to do well considering most red rank survivors are mediocre these days.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    edited June 2020

I want to address this part specifically since I think it's something a lot of people overlook with PH.

"On top of that you have to keep investing time tormenting them again everytime they get saved from the cage"

You only need to torment a survivor once you don't want to use the cage more than that. First hook should always be a hook you then insta cage them because torment doesn't reset on hook.

You keep it forever the moment you get it unless you save someone from a cage. You dodge the DS they just got by using the cage.

Since you just hook > caged they are now death hook you dont necessarily need to torment them a second time.

• Taiga
    Taiga Member Posts: 368

I’m mostly excited for Legendary skins and the new map.

• Yamaoka

I thought you were talking about tunneling by exclusively using the cages for some reason. That's why I said you have to invest time by keeping them tormented as they lose their tormented status when you unhook them from a cage right? Same goes for the person that does the cage-unhook. Obviously you can combine it with a normal hook into a cage hook the way you describe it for fairly efficient tunneling but still you're pretty much giving up your gen defense so once people learn how to play against Pyramid Head in a chase I really don't know whether it will be worth it or not.

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

The graphic update will be nice. Dbd really needs stronger atmosphere. Everything else is just eh...

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

At last survs wont be such cocky with DS for no risk high reward gameplay with DS

• Digwiid
    Digwiid Member Posts: 311

Just the fact alone that it's Silent Hill is enough to be positive about.