What in game experiences are oddly satisfying?

What in game experiences do you find oddly satisfying to achieve?

For me, I like when I'm playing huntress or plague and successfully get a ranged hit. That squelch noise combined with the screen shaking makes me feel so good.

Comments

• CoopersWorld
    CoopersWorld Member Posts: 5

Play as Trapper and watching everyone hit a trap at least once.

• Loner
    Loner Member Posts: 139

Vaulting and having the killer whiff by a millimeter and hit the window barely.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

Probably most satisfying experience is when I'm curving through the map and someone just runs straight to my chainsaw.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

Cleansing noed

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

reverse bear trap kills. love it every time

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289

Watching bad teammates die😀.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 620

Blinding the killer when they are carrying a survivor is so satisfying.

Also that loud noise when you cleanse a hex totem... unless it's Haunted Ground of course :'D

And when you're looping a killer and they miss their hit by 1 cm and you hear this little noise their weapon makes when it hits the window/pallet.

Oh and stunning the Pig/hitting Feng Mig because both make the cutest noises #########

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

As a survivor: watching my team all doing gens like good players when I’m getting hard camped. It’s “oddly” satisfying for me because I know I’m dead, but the team is punishing the behavior and that’s wonderful.

As a killer: idk why, but there’s always just this moment of clarity and adrenaline right when the match loads for me and the camera is spinning around my killer. I can’t explain it beyond that but it’s just satisfying.

• drimmalor
    drimmalor Member Posts: 909

One thing I always think about is how well-done some of the sounds are. The same sound is played for a generator completing whether you're playing survivor or killer - it's exciting and satisfying when you hear that sound as a survivor. It's high-pitched and feels like a victory. However, on the opposite end, it has a shrillness to it that has the absolute opposite effect as killer. I don't really know if I'm explaining it that well, but the same goes for hook sounds too. The framing really changes how satisfying (or unsatisfying) the sounds are.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Hearing a pallet stun a killer.

• BlazeNightash
    BlazeNightash Member Posts: 230
    edited June 2020

watching the end game chat of salty survs rage at you because you didn't play by their rules

Also using a mori on blendettes nothing better even if i lose the game as long as they died 60 seconds in

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,361

The sound of Pig's drill weapon. Most weapons only differ in LOOKS, but they went above and beyond with that alternate weapon and gave it a nice sound effect as well.

• Loner
    Loner Member Posts: 139

I like hitting stuff with the drill,dunno why. I love the animation of the weapon,I guess.

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399

The sound killers make on pallet stuns.

The sound of the entity taking a survivor in the final sacrifice.

Popping a gen right in front of a killer's face.

Quickly downing a survivor who's been tbagging at pallet loops.

Hearing the weapon whiff on a missed attack.

Successfully evading/looping the killer during instadown time (T3 Myers, powered-up Oni, any exposed thing, etc).

A lot of the sound effects in general are just really pleasing and cool effects. Like how footsteps are squelchier on the swamp and have that empty echo sound in the Game.

• amaranth
    amaranth Member Posts: 8

That satisfying SNAP and scream of someone getting caught in my trap. It just makes me smile every time. Especially because one of my favorite addons is honing stone.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Seeing a sweaty team in lobby, pulling out an AFK Wraith, and watching them rage in post game chat about me not giving them a play toy.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

As Trapper catching people in traps. I had one set up of back to back traps where I survivor would step in one, escape, then immediately step in another. Wicked amusing. Another time I caught 3 survivors at the same time, I thought the multiple screams was a glitch until I saw the HUD. 😂

When playing solo and the team clicks. It's awesome working together efficiently without needing comms.

When the killer continues after someone that is trying to get them to go after other players - usually others are working on gens. When killer finally hooks them they walk away but no one goes to save them. Killer doesn't even bother other survivors until that one is sacrificed. It's like everyone agrees they don't want to play with someone like that. 😂

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited June 2020

When the game pulls out a bunch of BS to stop me (bad FPS, movement bug, bad RNG, opponent-favored map, and auto aim as Killer) and I still win. Not even the game itself could beat me.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982

Might be a weird one but I love it whenever a survivor is healing someone and they miss a skillcheck as I down them. They double injuring noise is music.

• TheEntity03
    TheEntity03 Member Posts: 117

My favorite moments when I hear the Claudette scream and she's on the ground. I also like Steve's scream, it sounds funny. 😈😈😈

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Sometimes when i make a super-lunge with Wraith, i feel my whole body lunge with him.

Guess i must be really into it.

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 910

Me, but with spirit. When you bring both those post-phase speed add-ons and have shadow born you become GOD. atleast, back before they nerfed them. which was ok tbh

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    edited June 2020

Forcing someone to bleed out from borrowed time as doctor. It's time for your shock therapy! We can't be waiting for you to bandage yourself now can we?

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

When I get a 4K and see all survivors on a meta build, whilst I'm running something like Unnerving Presence/ Spies from the Shadows/ Hex: Thrill of the Hunt/ Territorial Imperative as a Wraith woth no add-ons.

Or vice versa beaten a meta Hillbilly with just Slippery Meat, thanks to being screwed by my randomizer.

No matter what perks you have, it means squat if you can't play the basics better than the opponent.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Picture this, I have not been having a good trapper game, 4 man swf (I think) with OoO. Little do they know I have blood warden. I chase a kate, down her, Steve flashlight saves her, I cut Steve off at the exit gate, hook him, blood warden activates, they unhook Steve. Now here comes the best part. Less than 25% of the end game collapse timer is left and blood warden just triggered, I sat there at the exit gates nodding my head at them, because they were going to die, all 4 of them.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited June 2020

Here are a few rare ones off the top of my head:

• As survivor, not spawning within what seems to be feet of the killer.
    • As survivor, not getting tunneled out in 2 minutes.
    • As survivor, not getting facecamped versus Cannibal.
    • As survivor, not getting mori'd to death in 25% of matches.
    • As survivor, not de-pipping even when you escape.
    • As survivor, not having to worry about the oppressive roulette of ways the killer can find me even when I build for evasion.
    • As survivor, not feeling specific perks are absolutely mandatory if I want to accomplish any of the above solo.
    • As survivor, feeling that I am earning enough BP to justify putting up with majority negative game experiences.
    • As killer, not having to pick between the same small handful of characters in order to make any progress.
    • As killer, having the feeling that I am free to build as I wish without having to take BBQ & Chili in the name of BP efficiency.
    • As killer, not having to slug in order to prevent hatch RNG shenanigans.
    • As either survivor or killer, not having the match ruined because some idiot survivor decided to suicide or disconnect.
    • As either survivor or killer, having a match where the ranks aren't all out of whack.
    • Not getting a disconnect penalty timer when the game crashes, and the GAME'S CRASH HANDLER COMES UP. Who am I kidding, this never happens because Behaviour is clueless.

I don't know why I bother with this game anymore. I am so frustrated tonight.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Reverse Bear Trap kills are always satisfying.

Otherwise it's completely out playing someone who thinks they are good but are actually trash.

• leno
    leno Member Posts: 53

As a killer seeing someone tbag at a jungle gym 5 seconds and two hatchets later he's down. It's also nice to get value out of pebbles as survivor, always cracks me up.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Getting undetactable and seeing the survivor spasm when they jumpscare

A succesfull bloodwarden

• Musicalhex
    Musicalhex Member Posts: 55

Perma T3 myers with vault build or a wraith with speed action addons and perks. Theres just something so satisfying about kicking a pallet with brutal strength with 5 fire up stacks

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited June 2020

Any time I can actually hit hatchets with Huntress. She’s easily the most rewarding killer.