Playerbase on PS4?

Relatively new to the game. Playing in Ireland and on PS4. Matchmaking in the evenings can take 3-5 minutes to find a game.

Absolutely loving this game and I'm completely hooked  ;) but I'm worried this is indicative of a dwindling playerbase on consoles. Anyone else noticing this? Have I just taken up a dying game? 

Comments

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    By bulk numbers DbD had more players than ever before, not to mention the recent PS+ free game offer. Should be an abundance of players, more so when the new killer drops
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

It's probably your region. My lobby always gets filled within seconds

• Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252
    It's not dying. Last month DbD was free in the PSN. If you take a look at it in the store you can see that it has over 11k ratings. Before that it only had about 6k. So the player base doubled at least
  • MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614
    Get past rank 15 and it will go faster too.
  • BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

@azazer said:
    By bulk numbers DbD had more players than ever before, not to mention the recent PS+ free game offer. Should be an abundance of players, more so when the new killer drops

It wasn't free due to you being required to pay for a PS+ membership. On PlayStation if it says free for PS+ members, it's not really free.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897
    I'm an Irish PS4 player and have no trouble finding lobbies in the evening.
  • katsumodo47
    katsumodo47 Member Posts: 54
    Get past rank 15 and it will go faster too.
    This
  • not_Queen said:

Hello!
    I will be happy to clarify some things for you :)

The PS4 player base is still growing! However, we have an issue with longer lobby times under R15 right now which mainly affects new players. Our data Analysts and Designers are looking at cases to try to understand what can cause the issue.

If you agree, we can look into your case, I will DM you some information.

Ah okay, I've only just hit R15 so maybe it'll pick up soon. Thanks for the quick responses! 
  • Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

@The_Iron_Pancake said:
    Relatively new to the game. Playing in Ireland and on PS4. Matchmaking in the evenings can take 3-5 minutes to find a game.

Absolutely loving this game and I'm completely hooked  ;) but I'm worried this is indicative of a dwindling playerbase on consoles. Anyone else noticing this? Have I just taken up a dying game? 

There was some problem with servers few days ago.
    It's normally pretty active, maybe not for high rank survivors (not enough high rank killers) but for killers it's the other way around. In a minute I can get my lobby filled 3-4 times if no server is down :D

getting past rank 14 should solve it

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    The issue of getting lobbies rank 20-16 is because it's too easy to pip now everyone runs out of those ranks causing long wait times for newer players and allowing still inexperienced players to be matched with more experienced players.. 
  • Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

@Bravo0413 said:
    The issue of getting lobbies rank 20-16 is because it's too easy to pip now everyone runs out of those ranks causing long wait times for newer players and allowing still inexperienced players to be matched with more experienced players.. 

exactly. You don't depip until rank 15 so all anyone has to do is play for a few days and they hit rank 15. So any new player is going to be pressed to find lobbies depending on the region/time they play. I think once you hit rank 15 you should't be able to depip past it. But, you should still be able to depip until you get there.

• Yeah just hit R14 and the lobbies are flying in. Cheers all!
  • Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296

@not_Queen said:
    Hello!
    I will be happy to clarify some things for you :)

The PS4 player base is still growing! However, we have an issue with longer lobby times under R15 right now which mainly affects new players. Our data Analysts and Designers are looking at cases to try to understand what can cause the issue.

If you agree, we can look into your case, I will DM you some information.

Are you allowed to post/show stats about the player base of DbD on ps4 and xbox? For PC we know cause of steam. Just very interesed in getting some numbers about the dbd playerbase.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Yeah just hit R14 and the lobbies are flying in. Cheers all!
    Hope you have fun but if you play killer look out for 4people showing up in bloody clothes and same characters they are a classic bully new killer group max lv ur items and addons near impossible to see and wont hesitate to teabag accuse you of camping or gen camping (camping is a valid tactic if your having a bad game and just want a kill also against swf stuck them in the basement as much as you can forces them to go down and you can trap them coming up or down and gen camping is a joke 7 gens 5 needed to be done so camping them is useless now if 3 are in a row that's bad survivor planning and you can grab them trying to do them also if you can get your hands on Michel Myers he is one of the stronger ones to work with plus has Mori addons)
  • Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

@The_Iron_Pancake said:

The game is not dying but the queue times and the matchmaking are just BROKEN, take a look on my other post "Pretty Good Job at the Matchmaking". If u are taking JUST 5 minutes to start a match u should be thankful because i usually waste more than 30-40 mins just trying to fill a single lobby.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437

@The_Iron_Pancake said:

The game is not dying but the queue times and the matchmaking are just BROKEN, take a look on my other post "Pretty Good Job at the Matchmaking". If u are taking JUST 5 minutes to start a match u should be thankful because i usually waste more than 30-40 mins just trying to fill a single lobby.

Also your post turned into a argument over bbq being useful and others arguing over nothing to do with it