If you are one of those survivors that will....?

Options
WheresTheGate
WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

Intentionally run a killer towards other survivors hoping to take the heat off yourself, Or ignore another survivor that needs to be healed when you can see the killer is nowhere close I have a question.

Do you actually get upset when the person you screwed over won't take a risk to heal or unhook you during EGC?

While I will not sacrifice myself to unhook or heal another survivor I do attempt to play this game as altruistically as possible. That means I won't intentionally run the killer to you, and I won't unsafely remove you from the hook. I will attempt to unhook or heal you even if you have screwed me over. The moment EGC starts though one thing changes... I will still attempt to help anyone that hasn't screwed me over during the match. If you have screwed me over I will not take a risk to heal you or unhook you. If I can do either without any risk to myself I will still help, but If you showed no regard for me during the match why should I have any for you when I have the opportunity to escape?

I ask because I just had a match where another survivor ignored me while injured even though kindred was active and we could clearly see the killer on the other side of the map. The same person later ran the killer right to me in an area there was no reason to run to that area other than hoping to get the killer to chase me instead of them. This same survivor was on the hook during EGC and I made no attempt to unhook them. I actually got a nasty message from this person because I didn't take the risk to unhook them while the killer was still close.

Don't get me wrong. If you play that way it's your prerogative. You should have that right. I'm just curious why anyone would actually be offended when you get the same treatment as you give others.

Comments

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited June 2020
    Options

Well when it does happen the killer switches targets and goes for me.Other times the killer just goes for my teammate if they see that the teammate is intentionally trying to get a teammate killed.And by that I mean like throwing a pallet down in front of the teammate with the killer literally behind me. Sometimes the killer will go for me when that happens but usually they end up sparring me and go for the bad teammate.As a killer main myself I always look for bad teammates.Sometimes I feel empathy for a solo survivor and let them escape.As a survivor sometimes I get bad teammates and the killer kills me anyway even when I wasnā€™t toxic.Other times the killer letā€™s me escape not often does it happen with me but itā€™s nice every now and then.I think some users get in over their heads and think every game should be I deserve my 4K and you donā€™t deserve to live.Iā€™m perfectly ok if I die as a killer Iā€™m also perfectly ok If I lose.Some people just need to realize that winning isnā€™t everything.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,087
    Options

I've sent messages to teammates when I inadvertently screwed them by bringing the killer their direction. Whoopsy! :D

But yeah, people who do everything they can to keep themself safe at the expense of your team are people I have no issue leaving hangin. None have ever whined at me for it but I imagine it's just a matter of time before I eventually get one...

• WheresTheGate
    Options

A lot of killers will go after the survivor that made the selfish move. I always respect that. That's what happened in this situation. I'm just curious to see if a survivor that actually does this wants to justify thinking that not only do they deserve to be helped in such a situation, but that they deserve to actually complain about it if they aren't helped.

• thottiepippen
    thottiepippen Member Posts: 98
    Options

Sandbagging is scummy AF. Call em out!

• WheresTheGate
    Options

I have done the same, and I give people the benefit of the doubt. This was no way this was inadvertent though. This person literally ran back to a corner where I was crouched behind a tree. One single small tree was not going to help him loop the killer. As a matter of fact there was a nice shack with doors and windows closer than my little tree.

• WheresTheGate
    Options

I completely agree. I believe everyone has the right to play as selfishly or as altruistically as they want to play. I'm just curious to see if someone that plays in such a selfish manner can come up with a cogent argument as to why they deserve to be helped when they attempt to throw the rest of their team under the bus.

• WheresTheGate
    Options

I've always been more of the mindset that the time it takes to heal someone is worth it because a survivor that can take two hits generally lasts much longer than a survivor that can be downed in one. Having said that I can't fault your way of looking at it. Of course there is still the part where the guy intentionally tried to run the killer to me.

• 1anioh
    1anioh Member Posts: 62
    Options

I try to avoid wiping the killer onto others, but sometimes I just stumble over people; I always feel bad because it wasnt intentional but it happens.

I've had others run the killer onto me though very deliberately, multiple times in a single match and at that point I say screw it and I stick to their side like a bad penny. You want me to take the heat? Fine but you're coming with me.

As a killer though if someone tries to ditch me onto another I usually ignore it and keep chasing. I haven't got the time or patience to stop mid dash, turn 180 to face someone else, and restart the chase. Just no; I have zero hecks to give.

• WheresTheGate
    Options

I mistakenly run people into killers sometimes too. It sucks, and I feel bad about it, That's why try I will give the benefit of the doubt when it happens to me and it's even close to incidental, but as you said, sometimes it is obviously deliberate.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    edited June 2020
    Options

I have adopted a new rule for myself when i play. If you jump off the hook(with Deliverance) when i'm right there with borrowed time and willing to take a hit to stay injured for the next 60-90 seconds or run away to self heal when i'm willing to heal you, I will not get off a gen to come get you on your 2nd hook.

I also do not look fondly on my fellow survivors who bait killers to down them again just to use ds. Getting unhooked just to run to the killer to down them just to use ds and get downed again within 30s wasted my time. You won't get a 2nd rescue.

Post edited by fcc2014 on
  • WheresTheGate
    Options

I completely understand that. Although I usually go help those people again they don't deserve it.

• burntFuse
    burntFuse Member Posts: 290
    Options

Who is the worse survivor? The guy who doesn't stop to heal his teammate, or the guy who runs away from teammates to Self Care in a corner?

• bkillerc
    bkillerc Member Posts: 142
    Options

If Iā€™m on death hook, as a solo, (usually after being tunnelled) with bond? you better believe it!

In swf agro is requested and volunteered. Difference between a 3/4 escape and 1/2 escape.

In solo... youā€™re drafted.

• WheresTheGate
    Options

I'm not a fan of either, but not sure how it's relevant to the topic.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

Had a game like that earlier. 3 of us on the gen and the guy running the killer brought him over to us.

That move pretty much cost everyone the game as the two survivors with me went down and they was on death hook.

There was no excuse for the ā€œteammateā€ to bring him to us. He had a clear LOS on us so knew we was there.

The only time Iā€™d consider it acceptable is when the survivor has been pretty much tunnelled all game, which then Iā€™ll happily try to take the heat of him or bodyblock.

• WheresTheGate
    Options

I can understand you running in to help someone out in that situation. Sill don't know if I would forgive them running the killer to someone else.

• Jukenobi
    Jukenobi Member Posts: 301
    Options

Healing in some cases is a waste of time, if you can't handle the heat, go play rank 20. Stop wasting my time standing next to a gen I am working on refusing to help until I heal you. :)

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    edited June 2020
    Options

If I run a killer toward a teammate, most of the time it's either because the teammate happens to be nowhere near the gens (in which case that's 100% them) or it's by accident because I usually don't really have a plan when I'm running from the killer except make distance and lead them away from the basement and/or gens/hooked teammates.

• bLoodSLoth97
    bLoodSLoth97 Member Posts: 29
    Options

I try my best not to bring the killer to other survivors and when I do I usually immediately try to go a different direction. I save people only when the killer is gone unless I have BT and then I will wait until the tr is barely left to still give them a free hit. If I don't have BT I usually let someone else save them if the killer is camping.

If someone has not contributed to doing anything all match, they've actively run the killer into me and are overall a greedy dirtbag I will prioritize my book struggle points over your escape through hatch.

• bLoodSLoth97
    bLoodSLoth97 Member Posts: 29
    Options

I hate the survivors who bait the killer right after I saved them because it deprives me of my safe hook rescue points and my benevolent emblem.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

I have a hard time answering your post because to me it sounds like you're just lumping anybody who does that kind of thing in with the crowd that does it with ill intention. There's been plenty of times that I won't heal somebody because I want to get a gen done before the killer gets back, or I might know my team mates are in an area I'm running but not care because I'm injured and they're all healthy, and the killer will either have to give up his pressure on me and give me some breathing room to heal, or he'll have to ignore my team mates, in which case it's not even a bad thing that I lead him over to them. If anything, it's a good thing in that situation, because not only did he ignore the team mates, but now they also know where he is and can position accordingly.

I think I get what you're asking, but it sounds like you're kind of implying that people who do these two things are all doing it for the same reason. For the healing, I explained that sometimes it's about just being time efficient and I might not think that somebody needs to be healed for everybody to get out/the group to be the most successful. As for the running toward my team mate with the killer, I honestly see DbD as somewhat of a game of hot potato when it comes to the killer. Survivors have to kind of toss the killer around and try to split their attention. To me it's not always a bad thing to tag somebody else in for a chase, especially if I can go help them out by taking a hit for them after I get healed up or something, so they can have some room to breathe. IDK if the whole "hot potato" thing makes sense, sorry if it doesn't.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

Healing is investing your time into future. While you healed you can waste much more of killer's time. So as a Killer I prefer you keep ignoring your injured teammates when they asking for heal. But as a Survivor I wouldn't want to have a teammate like you.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options
  • Jukenobi
    Jukenobi Member Posts: 301
    Options

And survivors like you who can't see what I am saying are why gens never get completed. Potato's are funny.

• Martesa55
    Martesa55 Member Posts: 208
    Options

I try not to do this but if the killer tunnels me or chases me for a long time I do it. The same if I am the survivor that started getting chased cause of someone else.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

The intentional part is just bs, people who do this drive me crazy, and it is why I prefer to swf.

I see your point on healing. I run DH,so in theory that is like an extra hit, if I make it to the pallet that is.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151
    Options

I usually only run twords other survivors when I want to go to a loop but they are on my way.

Also, when egc I only go for a save if I am using Borrowed time, if I am using it, I literally sacrifices my self for those teammates

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I don't know if it was the new DLC or what but I kept getting matched with people that were completely useless or were just screwing the team over. I was SWF with my brother for a bit (I'm red and he's purple) and we kept getting on teams where they weren't working gens or helping with saves and would circle around us working on gens when being chased by the killer. It was wicked annoying. There were a few we left on hooks because we were able to get more done without them running the killer to every gen we tried to work on.

• WheresTheGate
    Options

It has been the strangest thing since the new DLC yesterday. Previously I constantly saw people performing unsafe hook removals. Since the new DLC came out it's like no one wants to pull anyone else off the hook at all. I have been left on the hook to die several times in the last few days when the killer is on the other side of the map. I was slugged in a match while another survivor was hung and watched the remaining 2 never attempt to help either of us. It's like there has been some sort of weird shift.

Don't get me wrong. I would rather just die on the hook that to have someone perform an unsafe hook removal on me that just ends up in immediately being hooked again. It's just weird that the last 2 days it's like no one even tries to go for hook removals in the games I've played

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

It's been ridiculous. I could understand low ranks being new and unsure but it's red/purple ranks. In my games if it was just not going for hook removals it'd be annoying but I could accept it if they were doing gens/totems but they're doing nothing. It's like they did the be useless as Dwight challenge and decided to stick with that playstyle. šŸ˜‚