Regarding The Executioner's Power Aesthetic

Opening a thread to discuss Pyramid Head's power aesthetic. Not the power itself.

What do you guys think of the live version?

Personally, I think that they made the "tormented" UI even worse than PTB and that the UI needs, someday, to be reworked to match DBD. It feels far too outdated and tacky for DBD.

Alongside that, his trails are okay but they tend to cut in weird shapes and appear very ugly most of the time.

Although, it's cool what the devs tried, this feels like a step back in regards to updating the game's appearances.

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited June 2020

I think the Torment wires looks horrible. I hope they remake the looks of it some day.

• Avarice
    Avarice Member Posts: 65

I agree completely. I hate having the torment UI on my screen because it reminds me of those old video games where they recorded real people and put them in video game scenes. It's very jarring to have a moderate to good looking game and then have these 2000s looking graphics overlayed on top of it.

• tixerp
    tixerp Member Posts: 270

I've said it before but idk why they didn't just make the edges of the screen that kinda fading bloody rusty texture you see so much in SH. Maybe make it peeling and fading away. Also the trails always looked weird to me, it looks less like a cut with blood under the ground and barbed wire coming out of it, and more like an asset jumble. There's like a metal beam in it too even. I think they should've just gone simple and have a crack in the ground with a spooky red light shooting out from it.

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 910

Same and same. The trail in the trailer for DBD:SH was SO good, they shouldve just made that.