The new "map" balance

Comments

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Orion said:

@Michiko said:
    Lol its literally meters away from me. Of course from my TV it would look way better but it was very close. I got tunneled right after being saved. Please stop playing naive. My point wasn't HOW MANY meters in distance, but that hooks are too close period. Don't take your frustration out on me just because the OP gave you a number you don't agree with.

Don't dismiss my criticism just because you don't agree with my PoV. As far as I can tell from that screenshot, that hook is far enough away that if the Killer tried to put you on it, you'd have a decent chance at wiggling free.

“As far as I can tell from that screenshot, that hook is far enough away that if the Killer tried to put you on it, you’d have a decent chance at wiggling free.”

LOL.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

There should be some jank ass Los breakers and blockers for stealth added. Like going down a narrow hallway and slamming a door etc. loopings too strong, stealth is too weak

• @Usui said:
    Sorry but the tiny bloodlust nerf wasn't good enough for how they gutted alot of these maps most notably red forest.

Dude. They only removed 1 pallet per map. That's all. And some of these changes are pretty crappy for killers too btw. As the spirit I wasted more of the charge because of the new layout.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@Usui said:
    Sorry but the tiny bloodlust nerf wasn't good enough for how they gutted alot of these maps most notably red forest.

Dude. They only removed 1 pallet per map. That's all. And some of these changes are pretty crappy for killers too btw. As the spirit I wasted more of the charge because of the new layout.

If u really think it was just 1 pallet u should double-check it.
  • Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

@Vietfox said:
    NextKillerSpongebob said:

@Usui said:

I didn't even bother to reply to him. Anyone who thinks that is a moron.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Michiko said:
    @Orion

Heres one example; had to snap quick obviously because I was going to get saved. I'll try to take more.

Out of curiosity is a hook also in the jungle gym?

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    fcc2014 said:

@Michiko said:
    @Orion

Heres one example; had to snap quick obviously because I was going to get saved. I'll try to take more.

I'm not sure. I didnt get to see because I got smacked right back down after only running a few meter away, but if there was that would be insane.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@fcc2014 said:

@Orion said:

@Michiko said:
    I didn't read this post. I don't care. I refuse to discuss anything further with you. Good day and enjoy The Spirit.

Thank you. I accept your concession.

Wow and this is why we can't have nice things nor can we be friends.

See the thing you asked, about the jungle gym? I said it looked that way to me (specifically, that it looked to be surrounded by rubble, thus making the actual travel distance much greater than a straight line) and got insults and mocking in return. You've just proven that this person didn't know the map layout either, so excuse me if I took their refusal to address the subject with me as a concession that I'm right about it.

• fcc2014

@Michiko said:
    fcc2014 said:

@Michiko said:

@Orion

I'm not sure. I didnt get to see because I got smacked right back down after only running a few meter away, but if there was that would be insane.

I have seen it with 3 that close which is why i asked.

• Michiko
    edited September 2018
    fcc2014 said:

@Michiko said:
    fcc2014 said:

@Michiko said:

@Orion

I have seen it with 3 that close which is why i asked.

@fcc2014 Don't even bother. This person is pulling the "insulted victim" card when all I stated was what is plain to see. They never think that they're wrong & even with proof they still tried to justify it which is why I called them naive. I also called them a hypocrite because they tried to preach to me about insulting their criticisms when all they did was insult everyone who posted on this threads statements, opinions and POV's. I'm going to add you on PS4 right now. Lets get some BP's ❤️ :chuffed:

Edit: servers are down, we gotta wait D;
  • fcc2014

@Michiko @Orion @Vietfox @PinkEricka I found what i was looking for see below. The person is glowing red because they are going on the hook. inside that jungle gym to the left is another hook and to the right of the hill just off camera is another. BTW huntress had infantry belt and iridescent axe heads.

• Usui

@Orion said:

@fcc2014 said:

@Orion said:

@Michiko said:
    I didn't read this post. I don't care. I refuse to discuss anything further with you. Good day and enjoy The Spirit.

Thank you. I accept your concession.

Wow and this is why we can't have nice things nor can we be friends.

See the thing you asked, about the jungle gym? I said it looked that way to me (specifically, that it looked to be surrounded by rubble, thus making the actual travel distance much greater than a straight line) and got insults and mocking in return. You've just proven that this person didn't know the map layout either, so excuse me if I took their refusal to address the subject with me as a concession that I'm right about it.

And all you prove is you just like to disagree anything survivor related. You gave nothing to this discussion other then "i'm right and you're wrong".

• fcc2014

@Michiko said:

@fcc2014 Don't even bother. This person is pulling the "insulted victim" card when all I stated was what is plain to see. They never think that they're wrong & even with proof they still tried to justify it which is why I called them naive. I also called them a hypocrite because they tried to preach to me about insulting their criticisms when all they did was insult everyone who posted on this threads statements, opinions and POV's. I'm going to add you on PS4 right now. Lets get some BP's ❤️ :chuffed:

I will be on after 8pm est. p.s if you see me on fortnite that is my kid.

• BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220
    edited September 2018

Yes, taking away some of the pallets were good but completely gutting some maps to the point where you have to rely on 360’s? LOL.  

No pallets were removed. Zero. They just don't all spawn in a few tight clusters so you can loop a Killer forever.> @Usui said:

Oh also since i'm here daily reminder of how they removed large amounts of pallets some patches ago, and there's still hooks everywhere 5 meters apart. What a joke.

Killer used an offering to make more hooks. that is 100% what happened when you see this, every time. You have offerings to make there be less hooks. use them.

/thread

• Michiko
    fcc2014 said:

@Michiko said:

I will be on after 8pm est. p.s if you see me on fortnite that is my kid.

xD Got it. 
  • fcc2014
    edited September 2018

@BigBlackMori said:

Yes, taking away some of the pallets were good but completely gutting some maps to the point where you have to rely on 360’s? LOL.  

No pallets were removed. Zero. They just don't all spawn in a few tight clusters so you can loop a Killer forever.> @Usui said:

Oh also since i'm here daily reminder of how they removed large amounts of pallets some patches ago, and there's still hooks everywhere 5 meters apart. What a joke.

Killer used an offering to make more hooks. that is 100% what happened when you see this, every time. You have offerings to make there be less hooks. use them.

/thread

Nope that isn't what happened here is the match.

https://youtu.be/PnPzkcShVzE

• BigBlackMori

@fcc2014 said:

@BigBlackMori said:

/thread

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=PnPzkcShVzE

Video link is broken

• Michiko
    fcc2014 said:

@Michiko @Orion @Vietfox @PinkEricka I found what i was looking for see below. The person is glowing red because they are going on the hook. inside that jungle gym to the left is another hook and to the right of the hill just off camera is another. BTW huntress had infantry belt and iridescent axe heads.

Leave it to this person and they'll still tell you that your observation WITH PROOF is wrong. Thats why I cut the discussion short. Can't win with Mr. Know-it-alls.
  • fcc2014

@BigBlackMori said:

@fcc2014 said:

@BigBlackMori said:

/thread

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=PnPzkcShVzE

Video link is broken

try now i was doing this from my phone

• Usui

@BigBlackMori said:

/thread

You're 100% wrong. /thread

• Panduh
    Panduh Member Posts: 51

"Incorrect, the hooks don't spawn that close, idiot survivor main- us victimized intelligent killer mains would know that."
    is shown photo evidence -vanishes-
    "Toxic no brain survivor main, you are a fool, the killer 100% used offerings to add more hooks. If you weren't so feeble minded, you would use your own offerings that reduce it."
    shown same match video evidence there was no offering -vanishes-

Why can't we just petition to go figure out how maps get sparse hook spawns and how maps get abundant hook spawns and make them feel more balanced lmao.

• fcc2014

@Panduh said:
    "Incorrect, the hooks don't spawn that close, idiot survivor main- us victimized intelligent killer mains would know that."
    "Toxic no brain survivor main, you are a fool, the killer 100% used offerings to add more hooks. If you weren't so feeble minded, you would use your own offerings that reduce it."

Why can't we just petition to go figure out how maps get sparse hook spawns and how maps get abundant hook spawns and make them feel more balanced lmao.

The devs have said spawning totems, generators and hooks are an issue. Unless it suits them or their argument it gets ignored even with proof.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Dunno why ya’ll even bother to respond to Usui’s usual bias Survivor player whine threads...
  • Michiko
    Panduh said:

Agreed. I wouldn't mind doing something like this.
  • SovererignKing
    Michiko said:
    Panduh said:

Same algorithm that is used for Pallet spawns is used for hook spawns. Some are procedural spawning and some are static. The game rotated the tiles of the map, and sometimes this rotation put procedural hooks RIGHT NEXT to static spawn hooks and theats why you get clusters. 

Same reason even though the developers said “double Pallet spawns are gone” it still happens. Like on Wretched Shop. You get the double Pallet that’s on the left side of the shop. 

It happens. Might as well just deal with it when it does. 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

The hook rng is messed up because i've had 3-5 hooks all spawn within 5 meters of each other or so and other times there's not any in quadrant of the map.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    fcc2014 said:

Wrong map Dum Dum a jungle gym is set to (Halloween map) that's a regular spawn point for hooks on the farm you just negated your own argument with proof I know I get hit with that alot as surv and killer basic map fundamental areas so how about you stop making arguments because you cant seem to get that or I dunno did the killer happen to use moldy or rotten oak offerings that put more hooks on a map
  • Michiko
    fcc2014 said:

Wrong map Dum Dum a jungle gym is set to (Halloween map) that's a regular spawn point for hooks on the farm you just negated your own argument with proof I know I get hit with that alot as surv and killer basic map fundamental areas so how about you stop making arguments because you cant seem to get that or I dunno did the killer happen to use moldy or rotten oak offerings that put more hooks on a map
    Exit stage left please. Your comment isn't welcomed here. Btw, you should refrain from using such vulgar insults to address someone it can lead to getting banned.
  • fcc2014
    @redsopine1 dumb dumb really? In your face proof is hard to counter. Your reply is a pathetic as i assume you are.
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Are you really going to be unobjective and complain about everything?

Really?

The bloodlust nerf was fine... the map reworks are great.

They've done a great job. Stop whining.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I saw someone complain about me "vanishing". FYI, I'm streaming right now, which is why I haven't replied here. This reply is just me passing the time while waiting for hook meat Survivors. I will say that I've observed, for the first time that I can recall, hooks that spawned too close together.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Usui said:

@Delfador said:

@Orion said:

@PinkEricka said:
    No misjudgement in the distance. Hook placements are just as messed up as totem placements.

Screenshot it then, let me see the distance.

I have seen 3 hooks very very close to each other too. I mean, my word is not the law here but I also am killer sided as well. I wouldn't try to defend survivors for no reason.

The main building in the red forest was as much ######### as the barn was. The problem with that map though is that there are not many things to loop, juke the killer. They did a good job shutting it down but they should have added something for the survivors as well.

I'm not in here spewing lies I wouldn't say it if I haven't experienced it. I play everyday, i'm rank 1 every season I have over 2k hours in this game. I see this ALL THE TIME. I disagree, they completely gutted red forest, it's not even worth going to the mid house anymore you're guaranteed to get downed. It used to be about mind games, killer could go up and drop down on you etc to cut you off. Now that's just gone you have nowhere to go. Pretty good job so far.

I have to admit, we survivor mains had been getting favored for a good awhile now, and I started to realize that when the pallet vacuum was removed and the nerf of the exhausion perks. I guess they’re trying to make things right with Killer mains now but in the process of it all, the devs don’t realize they are, in a way, kind of nerfing us A little over the line by taking away a lot of obstacles. 

That’s a good thing, a skill as survivor should come from being able to juke a kille or 360. Not looping for such long period of time. I find a killer missing their hits more fun than anything. 
  • @Usui said:

@Vietfox said:
    NextKillerSpongebob said:

@Usui said:

I didn't even bother to reply to him. Anyone who thinks that is a moron.

They even said it themselves and other streamers said it xD Not sure why you guys are feeling personally offended but it's the truth. They only removed 1 - 2 pallets per map. Their words.

• fcc2014

@SovererignKing said:
    Michiko said:

Panduh said:

Same algorithm that is used for Pallet spawns is used for hook spawns. Some are procedural spawning and some are static. The game rotated the tiles of the map, and sometimes this rotation put procedural hooks RIGHT NEXT to static spawn hooks and theats why you get clusters. 

Same reason even though the developers said “double Pallet spawns are gone” it still happens. Like on Wretched Shop. You get the double Pallet that’s on the left side of the shop. 

It happens. Might as well just deal with it when it does. 

I hate that double pallet spawn. I waste time and it is my fault i fall for it.

• DukeJukem
    DukeJukem Member Posts: 114
    edited September 2018

i thought this topic was about how they destroyed the maps? hook spawns are broken and have been forever. spread them out more. make a set spawning area on each map for hooks. discussion over.

now onto these maps changes. tons of loops are gone now in every map. like 6 patches ago killers got a buff to vault speed, then came the clown who is a looping destroyer in himself let alone bamboozle. the pallet vacuum disappeared during the same patch and the changed the stun time to occur during the middle of the drop instead of the beginning (hence people getting smacked through pallets all day) pallets were "redistributed" or however they stated it like 4 patches ago as well then after that they completely took pallets away in certain spots too. god forbid im forgetting anything important here

everything i said in the middle paragraph can be found in the patch notes, they're all entirely true. i gotta ask you killers......how many more breaks do u need lol? can u not catch someone unless they're forced to run in a straight line or out in the open? generators are the issue. i've never understood why this game is one of the very few that DOES NOT balance gameplay around the objective. fix gens lol so killers have more time to m1 us

• BigBlackMori

@DukeJukem said:
    i thought this topic was about how they destroyed the maps? hook spawns are broken and have been forever. spread them out more. make a set spawning area on each map for hooks. discussion over.

now onto these maps changes. tons of loops are gone now in every map. like 6 patches ago killers got a buff to vault speed, then came the clown who is a looping destroyer in himself let alone bamboozle. the pallet vacuum disappeared during the same patch and the changed the stun time to occur during the middle of the drop instead of the beginning (hence people getting smacked through pallets all day) pallets were "redistributed" or however they stated it like 4 patches ago as well then after that they completely took pallets away in certain spots too. god forbid im forgetting anything important here

everything i said in the middle paragraph can be found in the patch notes, they're all entirely true. i gotta ask you killers......how many more breaks do u need lol? can u not catch someone unless they're forced to run in a straight line or out in the open? generators are the issue. i've never understood why this game is one of the very few that DOES NOT balance gameplay around the objective. fix gens lol so killers have more time to m1 us

And you're as wrong as everyone else. No pallets were removed, the ones that did get taken from a spot just spawn elsewhere now.

• redsopine1
    Wait seriously you can get banned for a insult that's not even remotely as bad as the ones I've seen thrown around on the forum
  • Just_Clown1n_Around
    Just_Clown1n_Around Member Posts: 41
    edited September 2018
    Usui said:

large amounts of pallets? They removed like 1 on each map, they simply spaced them slightly farther apart. I haven't had any issues looping killers for 5 gens.

• Michiko
    Wait seriously you can get banned for a insult that's not even remotely as bad as the ones I've seen thrown around on the forum
    Yes you can. I've been warned for insulting someone a few months ago. It's not okay.
  • SovererignKing
    DukeJukem said:

Killers have tried. For years to ######### about the Gens. We literally got told by M.Cote they don’t want to introduce new mechanics that “change the way the game is played when it concerns the Gens.” 

Killers like chases too. We’re just sick and tired of losing because the Gens aren’t balanced for this “######### Loop spots”. We would rather have more fun and interesting Gens for Survivors to balance the game, but the developers seem to rather want to change the maps to have shorter chases. 
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    wow super overpowered loop spots finally got fixed the horror!
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    There are way too many hooks close together, it does make most wiggling attempts pointless 
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    HeroLives said:
    There are way too many hooks close together, it does make most wiggling attempts pointless 
    You're not meant to be able to wiggle out normally, it exists so that the killer cant basement you every time.
  • redsopine1
    I want to apologize for how I acted last night I had a bad day and took my frustration out on someone I shouldn't have and I want to apologize so sorry I brought it to your thread I was out of line
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Delfador said:

@Orion said:

@PinkEricka said:
    No misjudgement in the distance. Hook placements are just as messed up as totem placements.

Screenshot it then, let me see the distance.

I have seen 3 hooks very very close to each other too. I mean, my word is not the law here but I also am killer sided as well. I wouldn't try to defend survivors for no reason.

The main building in the red forest was as much ######### as the barn was. The problem with that map though is that there are not many things to loop, juke the killer. They did a good job shutting it down but they should have added something for the survivors as well.

And survivors still have the objective advantage... as pointed out earlier with this "hook problem" when 2 or 3 spawn close to gather it means that there is a chance that theres a dead zone on the map for hooks so it balances out... they still have jungle gyms, killer shack and plentiful of pallets to loop around for me to say hooks are not an issue and I feel no remorse for the survivors at all about cowshed and groaning stoar house etc... being taken away from them, they were horribly designed and just completely one sided... at least now survivors will have to do anything else but loop the house on red forest...