Pyramid Head's ultra rare undetectable add-on is the weakest pink add-on in the game

At first I thought this add-on would be a bit gimmicky & could have some sort of use besides a knock-off Insidious, but that's all it is. It has a little more potential on indoor maps like Hawkins, Midwich, & maybe Lery's or Haddonfield [maps with tight corridors & choke points], but beyond that it is terrible. So essentially, you have to place down your Trails of Torment & then when you walk on them you go Undetectable as long as you remain on the trail. It does not count as walking on the trail as you are placing them since the trail is being left behind you. It has no practical use in chase, unless you can place your trails completely around a loop where line of sight is completely lost for survivors & they don't happen to drop the pallet early. And even at that point, you have to force the add-on to work for you. It is like Mettle of Man in which it sounds great in theory but is awful in execution.

Can this add-on be changed to something that will actually work & be of use? Like maybe you go Undectable if you are standing on your trails AND as you are placing them. Maybe the effect persists for a short duration (like 10 seconds maybe) after stepping off your trails. Or just change what it does completely because right now it is basically a waste of bloodpoints.

Comments

• Freesham
    Freesham Member Posts: 262

Yeah seems a bit weak for a pink add on. A nice change would be making you undetectable while your placing your trail, that would make it a lot better.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

Clearly you havent seen Demogorgon's pink addons

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I think you’re forgetting Demo’s pink add-on that makes him undetectable after exiting a portal.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
  • Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332

Nah. No way.

Is it conditional and makes you have to play more territorially. Yes. I can see it being arguably strong only with certain perk builds-like other undetectable perks-

But come on...the worst pink.

Deathslinger has a pink that lets you see survivors while your reeling someone in. But you're busy reeling someone so you probably won't get a good look around.

Pig has rule set number 2 that basically does nothing with pepper on top. No one cares if the boxes are hidden while the traps aren't even activated. It just makes people gen rush more. You can maybe squeeze value out of it if you combine it with tampered.

Oni got oni pink that makes people scream when he misses a rage hit in 12 meters. A pink so bad that requires you to run around missing hit in a timed state for a tiny radius notification.

At least the undectable allows PH to set up hazards and become effectively a stealth killer when in those zones. It takes set up but it changes how he plays in a gimmicky way.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

I feel like someone says this every time a new Killer comes out.

• GingerBeard
    GingerBeard Member Posts: 272
    edited June 2020

I don't think this add-on's effect is necessarily bad, just very situational. It definitively should be brought to a lower tier, but PH is still new, maybe we don't see the value in it yet (doubt it)?

Not sure when it started, but I feel like killer add-ons in general have been getting worse for awhile. Creativity seems to have taken a hit, and we keep getting add-ons that inflict hemorrhage or blindness which is just a bummer.

• BadWraithMain
    BadWraithMain Member Posts: 25

I have to agree: outside of maybe setting up a trap to torment people, you could literally just run Insidious if you want the same effect, just more applicable (if you want to camp around a gen or a hook, that is). Otherwise I can't see it being too useful, and that goes double in chase.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

Nah fam, thats any pink survivor addon.

• BloodMoneyMerc
    BloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 477

I mean his pink add-ons aren't anything special but at least you can get some sort of value out of them.

While those add-ons you listed are not the greatest, I find they are a bit more useful than his & don't actually require set up. (Pig's add-on is actually terrible & could give PH's a run for its money on worse pink add-on)

While it isn't the best add-on, it gives you an extra blink. Not saying that is remotely comparable to losing the ability to blink through collision, but it still gives the Nurse something that can prove useful.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587

Nurse's Torn Bookmark removing the biggest strength of her power: letting you move through objects because your slower than a running Survivor, get an indoor map and enjoy being stuck on everything.

Pig's Rules Set No. 2 doing practically nothing, did a gen pop anytime after placing the RBT and hooking them? Yes? Then it did nothing. No? Well the RBT isn't active so they can just do a generator to reveal the locations.

Demogorgon's Leprose Lichen being too niche to be useful at all (seriously unless you have multiple people running No Mither I see very little benefit from seeing injured auras while traveling to stationed areas when you get Instinct on portals already)

Demogorgon's Red Moss, oh hey Demogorgon's global "I'm traveling" roar and I can see him exit from the portal along with his loud as hell footsteps.

Oni's Iridescent Family Crest giving a pitiful 12 meter range scream for either:

• Purposely whiffing an attack (a long animation attack on a timed power) to hopefully find someone nearby.
    • Missing an attack on someone your chasing... that you already know is there because your chasing them.
    • Also Infectious Fright simply existing

Deathslinger's Hellshire Iron giving aura reading on nearby Survivors while spearing someone, that restricts your camera and you should be focusing on actually reeling them in instead of looking around.

Deathslinger's Iridescent Coin requiring you spear someone from 15 meters away and successfully reel them in and hope there's absolutely nothing at all in the way for them to move to.