Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Game Blurry-ness Advice

Options

Hi all,

As usual, I tried to research if this was covered before in past posts before posting here, so I do apologize if this is a repeat in some way.

Last night I logged onto DBD on my PC. I had downloaded the update on Tuesday (06/16) for the new Silent Hill chapter, played for a few hours, and things went on business as usual. However, last night, I logged on, navigated the start menu and lobby screens perfectly fine- but then when I would get into matches, my graphics would take a nose dive. They were incredibly blurry. I typically play with auto-adjust enabled and ultra resolution. So I switched in match to deactivating auto-adjust and switching to high settings. While it made my match significantly clearer, I still noticed a lot of choppiness in the movement.

I’ll be the first to say I am not well versed with PC’s. The one I have now is my first one. I checked to ensure I didn’t have a driver update and made sure my game was updated. I did an uninstall, reinstall, and verified my game files. A friend of mine found a discussion on reddit where someone sounded like they had a similar issue and explained how to make sure the resolution in the files lines up with what your screen resolution is. I had hope because there was weird numbers in mine that different from my screen resolution. I saved that change and restarted my game, only to still have the same issue. It just perplexes me that my game looks fairly normal until I get into a match.

So basically I need an adult. Any insight or advice from those more well versed in this stuff would be so greatly appreciated.

Answers

• EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300
    Options

it has been a problem for a minute now; i noticed it get worse with the update as well. im assuming it will get better with the "big graphical changes" coming soon, but with how horrible all the models really look..I feel like them being less blurry everyone would see all the flaws even more. I think we might be blessed with blurry models atm until they update character cosmetics/models

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

What's your CPU/GPU/RAM? My best guess is you're just running into trouble because the new content performs pretty poorly. For example, I have a GTX 1060 6GB and I typically run the game on Medium. While sitting in the menu I usually have ~50-55% GPU usage. Since the update that's jumped to ~75%. I'm still maintaining 60 FPS in game, at least, but this does seem to have been a heavy update.

So, my guess is the resolution auto adjust was indeed what you were hitting on ultra. You may well have seem some stutters on high too just due to your GPU getting maxed out, especially if that was on the new map. I'd try dropping down to medium, keeping resolution auto-adjust off, making sure resolution is set to 100% (so, no resolution scaling), and see if you're back to no stuttering and no blur.