Deranking should be bannable

Here's the story:

I know a streamer who is ALWAYS deranking off-stream, so their 4man swf group gets low ranked killers.

How do I know?:

It's pretty obvious if you're rank 13 at the end of the stream and a day or two later, you're (somehow) rank 16 again. And in that stream, you play until rank 13. Next stream you're rank 16 or 17 again. Maybe even 18, with a Devotion of over 10.

Is this reportable / bannable?

Derankers who do it to this extend should be banned.

I hope it is bannable since it's pretty much exploiting the matchmaking system, AFKing and refusing to participate in normal gameplay.

There's a high chance the streamer will read this. Stop it, pls.

Comments

• Go_Go_Roboto
    Go_Go_Roboto Member Posts: 330

Yeah, you right.

• Dexn3ko0
    Dexn3ko0 Member Posts: 70

Bet they are ochido fanboys...

i agree this behavior should be bannable.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

You can get rank 20 killers as a red ranked survivor, why bother?

But yeah not keen on smurfs either.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,771

All I'm gonna say is if they can derank to lower than 16 that's some pretty obvious hacks since devs removed that option ages ago.

• xI_Fabi_Ix
    xI_Fabi_Ix Member Posts: 129

Not always, but with a Rank 16 in your lobby, it's pretty much guaranteed.

• MyersRulz
    MyersRulz Member Posts: 90

I dont think it is though, dont get me wrong that is pretty scummy but i dont think it is bannable offense.

On the other hand some people derank for legitimate reasons. Once you get to high purples or red ranks matches start getting pretty sweaty and not everyone takes this game so seriously that they want to tryhard every match.

So i dont think every deranker should be punished because some do it for scummy reasons. Just wait for the new mmr system i guess.

• xI_Fabi_Ix

Most red rank killer aren't good anyways and chances of getting broken MatchMaking are pretty high. Literally no reason to derank except if you are really bad and can't even keep up

• Go_Go_Roboto
    Go_Go_Roboto Member Posts: 330

I think OP was getting at doing it on purpose rather than putting in lower effort. Yeah tho deranking makes you a dickhead.

• xI_Fabi_Ix

It's PS4, so not hacks. Are you sure it's 15 and not 16? I've always seen 16 except after Rank Reset, I saw 18 when i looked in the stream. After that stream, it was rank 13, next stream rank 16 again.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,362

Typically if your deranking that much, its from ALOT of throwing. If your doing things like using OoO to find the killer, get hooked and suicide 30 games in a row...

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited June 2020

I'd have to find the post, but I distinctly remember it being said that de-ranking is bannable if you just start actively and blatantly throwing games left and right to de-rank.

• MyersRulz
    MyersRulz Member Posts: 90

You said it, some people are really bad killers and with this ranking system you progress just by playing, once you get to those ranks though you will find people that knows how to play and as i said no everyone plays this game with the intent of trying their hardest or trying to keep up.

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

Is it scummy? Yes. This Streamer is obviously abusing the system to make newer players lives hell. This is typically where those discussions come in on how they hate going against SWF's. However the counter to this, especially for Survivor side, is that when Ruin was changed, a lot of players who weren't good and red ranked to begin with, skyrocketed up to the top. Now you're playing with possibly other bad players and Killers who actually know what they're doing for the most part. It's just a crummy MatchMaking system.

I'm not defending the Streamer, obviously he/she is abusing the system to get easy kills and look like they're pro. But for some players in different situations, it kinda makes sense.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,820

I 100% agree, but sometimes it is kind of funny making it to the endgame lobby without having seen the killer and seeing that their name is Depippy Longstocking 😂

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Yes

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Those people are already miserable. How flippin boring would it be to have to throw every 2 games for every game you win? Sounds awful