Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Newbie killer

Hello, new player here. I always played survivor ( started about week/2 ago) but played first game as killer today and got to play against purple/red ranks.. (of course I am rank 20!!!) With full bloody skins, cool toolboxes etc

Was left bullied, sad and confused..how does the matchmaking system work in this game??

Comments

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

Matchmaking has always been hit or miss but now it attempts to set suvivors up with the highest rank if one can't be found it widens the area until all are options. Bit the game has a bad case of spaghetti code so they could have borked it in some way.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Yeah match making in that rank 20-16 bracket is a bit borked, often I got complete red purple games or matched with other low levels and a pair of reds who carried the game.

Two months in myself. Just get your chase bp in and farm what you can. I recommend getting Leatherface if you haven't or try and grab BBQ and chilli perk from the shrine. It will reduce the BP grind considerably one you unlock it. Also pick out the weak, it took a while for me to realise when to drop chase and find another target.

I think the first week playing killer I thought jesus this is impossible, what did I just spend my money on? Savour that first 4k when you get it hehe. Above all else have fun and remember the wolf does not concern itself with the opinions of the sheep.

• nohahaha
    nohahaha Member Posts: 19

I'm in the same boat, and it makes it very hard to gain BP and level properly. I find that matches that are more even are very fun and play well, but getting matched against high ranks just ends with a 5 minute game and alot of bullying and harrassment.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

Match making is broken. The devs mentioned in the 4 year stream the new match making system should come out soon. I want to say maybe July if i remember.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

It puts you against the hardest 4 men SWF team it can find you when you're a grey rank...

Just kidding, it's broken at the moment, don't feel bad.

• kattokki
    kattokki Member Posts: 4

Thank you everyone for your responses! It made me feel better, will try to get good perks and see how it goes :) <3 good luck in ur future games ! I hope this gets fixed so everyone can enjoy playing as beginner <3

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

If you want to hone in your skills with people that aren't going to destroy you, I suggest finding a KYF group that rotates killer.

If you're on console, it's much easier, if you're on PC, sadly the KYF community is almost non-existent.

• pseudechis

If you play on PC we can set up some custom games. I really don't play survivor as I'm a complete potato but if you want to hunt a potato to get some killer exp I could use some survivor exp. A few friendly games to practice my billy saw and nurse would be good too.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

Match making is all kinds of messed up lately, I have a screen somewhere of me as rank 13 Meyers against a solid rank 1 team. To learn killers I'd recommend playing some KYF matches with people, your friends can start by going easy in you until you begin to fully understand various killer powers then play more intense against you until you can go full on against them. With how match making currently is I've gotten a lot better after months being stuck in green ranks I've made it up to high purples against the walls of red rank teams.

• kattokki
    kattokki Member Posts: 4

Add me on steam : kattokki

I would love to have people to practice with ! Of course, potato is my middle name haha but it sounds great, I need dbd friends :DD

• pseudechis

If you want to hit up some customs games on pc let me know.

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

Matchmaking is absolute #########. Sorry to hear, friend. All we can really advise right now is that new system is on the way and hopefully you won't be discouraged.

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621
  • Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Yeah you'll be facing red ranks all throughout your ranking up experience. You just need to learn fast

• nohahaha
    nohahaha Member Posts: 19

Just an update I think everyone in thread might appreciate. Just got a 4 kill game using ebony mori against red ranks, with every kill being a mori. I'm currently rank 17 for the season. I knew I was saving the ebony for something and then ran into a swf team that had been super toxic earlier in the night, decided to run ebony mori on bubba and it might have been one of the most satisfying things I have ever done.

• Arctic_Krampus
    Arctic_Krampus Member Posts: 61

"how does the matchmaking system work in this game??"

It doesn't. All I can say is Good Luck with your future killer games.

• JimPickens
    JimPickens Member Posts: 158

Welcome to the club kid

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Respect to you new killers sticking with it, If I was put against reds back when I started I'd probably just have given up then and there.

• pseudechis

Ah the ebony mori. had some fun with that tonight. Love the hag’s kill animation so visceral.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

It doesn't work.

Its all kinds of broken.

• timbologna
    timbologna Member Posts: 348

As a fellow new killer it's just forcing us to adjust and either get good or get gone. Still on the fence for which i'm doing :p