The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DS should be removed from the game

It's a cheap "get out of jail" card that punishes killer for doing their job. Survivors that use this only have it because they can't properly avoid the killer.

And people say it's to combat tunneling, but tunneling is a myth, as it's just a legit strategy since it's always better to go after the hooked survivor since they're injured. gen rushing is what dbd should combat.

Comments

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

lol

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Also, it's bull that it's better to go after the unhooked. Just injure the unhooker before or as they're unhooking and then BOOM two injured survivors.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

DS just needs to punish stupid plays like going for unhooks. Make it so DS deactivates after unhooking another survivor and/or once you’ve fully healed.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

No such thing as tunneling? Until they are in a chase with a survivor injured and abandon it for the newly unhooked survivor. Don't give me or anyone else that bullshit. You don't like DS? If you get hit with it. It usually your own fault. You played like an ######### and DS was your reward.

Now I will say that does not cover everyone hit by DS. Sometimes you're just doing that well that you got the person inside of 60 seconds without tunneling. I personally think the timer is too long and needs to be lessened to balance out those cases.

• ZackaryFreeman
    ZackaryFreeman Member Posts: 42

Sounds like you haven't been through survivor hell and faced campers/tunnelers yet.

Like Kolonite said, I agree that DS should simply just deactivate or lose some of its duration every time the survivor tries to abuse it by going in a locker or something like that.

Except DS and even BT should still remain in the game because without them, campers and tunnelers can do what they love without any counters.

You should try to play both sides, and maybe you'll understand that getting camped, facecamped and tunneled isn't a very enjoyable experience for the survivor.

How to counter DS? Either go for the unhooker or simply slug the recently hooked survivor.

• SansUndertale
    SansUndertale Member Posts: 30

So you're telling me to not to do my job as a killer to avoid ds?

• SansUndertale
    SansUndertale Member Posts: 30

I have been camped and tunneled before as I have played survivor. I understand that I made a mistake and that's the reason I'm being camp/tunneled.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

There's no reason to Tunnel. Unlike generators, Killers don't have their progress regressed. You don't have to keep hooking the same person consecutively to retain your progress. Whereas survivors have to protect and commit to generators because their investment can be regressed. PGTW it's a great perk for that purpose.

• sekkima
    sekkima Member Posts: 194

Play Pyramid Head 🤷

They generally use it as a crutch and it's almost always obvious who's got it ... just throw it on the ground and camp.

Locker ?, Let them use it and then you give them the tunnel of their life. 🤷‍♀️

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

This thread is a joke.

• Keeterbo5
    Keeterbo5 Member Posts: 9

Yeah. It could be that it only activates if you go down within 30 seconds of being unhooked or something like that

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Removed? No! Addressed? Yes! Any killer that tunnels deserves to get hit by DS, any killer that doesn't tunnel and plays fairly doesn't deserve to get hit with DS for doing what they are suppose to do.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

this game turning into a joke for both sides

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Him: DS is out of jail ticket, tunneling is a myth, genrushing is what Devs should combat.

People: may be u should stop...tunneling?

Him: So you're telling me to not to do my job as a killer to avoid ds?

Me: So you're telling me to not survive as a survivor?

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

HAHAHA yeah NO!

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

That's just so wrong on SO MANY LEVELS. I can play near perfectly and still get done in by toxic killers just because it's a "legitimate strategy" and it's "my fault" that some idiot went for an unsafe unhook. That's like saying it's MY fault that some idiot is using Self-Care to heal when it's obviously safe to go for the unhook! And yes, I do run Self-Care so I know what I'm not on a stupid bandwagon!

Take those feelings about getting targeted and denied a chance to play, think over the amount of times you've thought or said "There are 3 other people in here, GO AFTER ONE OF THEM FOR ONCE." Now apply all that to when you play killer, and become a better player by NOT going after a person who got unhooked recently or, I dunno, slug them. Here's a list of benefits to that as well:

• They feel better about versing you since you have half a chance to play the game
    • You don't get hit by DS at all
    • If they have Unbreakable, they'll use it once and that's IT. They now can't use it in the endgame.
    • Other survivors are likely to stop doing what they're doing in order to go and pick up that survivor, wasting time.

It isn't a myth, since you have TUNNEL VISION on one person and only target them. Gen-rushing shouldn't be encouraged because it's boring, sucks and is terrible for both sides. Nobody wins in a gen-rush game.

I also used it specifically to combat the rampant amount of tunnellers that appeared right before the "second chance meta" that a lot of killer players seem to love complaining about. My personal playstyle avoids it completely, but hey, I also think that the emblem system is a better indication of a killer's skill than a set of skulls at the end screen.

You have counters, just use them. It's what everyone else does/says to do.

• CraftingSoup
    CraftingSoup Member Posts: 69
    edited June 2020

"tunneling is a myth"

lol

Also, my main concern isn't a killer main is just whining about "SuRvIvOrS ArE OvErPoweRED", but it's the fact that Laurie would only have 2 teachables if it was removed.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

Just because something is a legal and legitimate strategy doesn't mean there shouldn't be anything that makes it harder/more expensive time-wise to do.

That's how a lot of perks and even killer powers work in this game. Don't want to be slugged? Unbreakable and other perks. Don't want to engage in "traditional" looping? Spirit, Nurse or Hag with the right setup and playstyle. Don't want to deal with stealth? Doctor, add Restraint addons if you worry about Calm Spirit. See 4 medkits? You can go Plague, so the survivors have to give you something if they want to heal, and if they don't then their items are useless outside of picking up slugs. Don't want to be flashlighted ever? Equip Lightborn.

Obviously not all killers and perks are equally powerful, but this sort of "pick this to make that thing harder for your opponent(s) to do" design philosophy is quite common in DBD.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
  • JimPickens
    JimPickens Member Posts: 158

The problem really isn't with DS but with SWF using 4 DS. It's one of a handful of OP survivor perks that really hurt the game imo......i mean im still running them every game but it ain't right lol. They need to not just nerf the OP perks but buff the worthless perks (of which there are many) to add more diverse builds. For survivor you don't really make builds like killer you just put on the good perks

• Wackyspider
    Wackyspider Member Posts: 8

Run make your choice, bro.

• mike4156
    mike4156 Member Posts: 222

BEST JOKE I HEARD ALL NIGHT

• CantDeadHarder
    CantDeadHarder Member Posts: 188

you say that now, but play 100 matches of survivor when the killer camps you because you 360'd them and watch him tunnel the hell out of you and ignore everyone else in the trial and you end up dying with 8k Bp or under.

Removing DS would only promote tunneling and promote more genrushing, why you might ask? If you know that there are no survivor perks to protect them from an anti-fun strat, would you tunnel them? Of course you would, but because DS exists killers dont do it because DS breaks momentum and punishes you for being a jerk.

tunneling in the endgame is completely fine, but dont be that guy who tunnels and camps at 5 gens and then complains about gen rushing.

• CriminalMind_ITA
    CriminalMind_ITA Member Posts: 93

DS is OP

Need to be removed as soon the survivor performs an action like healing, repairing, unhooking ecc

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    edited June 2020

So I want to use your logic for a second.

Gen rushing is ok since it's a survivors job. Killers job is to get a 4k so camping and tunnelling what dbd should combat. She how stupid that sounds 😂

How about this one? Since a survivors job is to gen rush then the devs should nerf noed. My job isn't to cleanse all totems so why am I getting punished for doing my job?

• Kirby
    Kirby Member Posts: 26

lol i think you made a stupid discussion that backfired cause you thought people were gonna be on your side.

°stop tunneling or wait the full ass minute

• Peace
    Peace Member Posts: 164

If you keep tunneling like you say, you wont ever improve your gameplay as a killer.

Against good teams you will have a very hard time and with that playstyle, good survs will punish you with gen rushing and toxic behaviour.

You wont ever be able to apply pressure in your games, because there will always be 3 survs free to do whatever they want and trust me if they are smart they will use that time to let that gens fly.

• Valor188917
    Valor188917 Member Posts: 649

Cool, deal.

BBQ is ridiculously easy to counter

NOED is also easily countered by survivors.

I'd trade that any day to remove the multiple crutchperks that make gameplay a chore right now.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Yes, "do bones" for NOED and "use Pyramid Head" for DS!

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

DS needs changes, I wouldn't say remove it from the game but its way too abused rn.

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400
    edited June 2020

Gonna slightly defend the "Tunneling and camping is a legitimate strategy". It is, I mean it just is. But so is walking around searching all lockers. Just because something is a strategy doesnt mean its efficient nor does it mean its the best.

Camping people on hooks, personally I rarely do it (EGC) but sometimes you are gonna get absolute droolers that dive bomb the hook to save their team mates and net you easy 'wins'. When playing as a survivor I hate having these people on my team and I wish they would do more to punish the killer for sacrificing gens for 1 kill. This could potentially be alleviated with a prolonged time to go from First phase - struggle phase - death, if the killer never leaves the hooked survivor.

Tunneling, I do this to an extent. Down the guy who just got unhooked and go for the other one. If you run to a hooked guy with me on your ass you better have brought borrowed time. Usually there is no reason to tunnel. But the worst offenders (again speaking from a killers perspective) is the 'farmers' people that unhook others and then go into hiding mode. If I cant find anybody else ofc I am just gonna go for the only guy I know where is. There is no logic to looking all over the goddamn map for someone I have no idea where is. So please survivors, 'take the aggro' most killers prefer to chase someone new, they might still down the hooked guy but then go for someone else.

I dont experience tunneling very often as a survivor. It happens (usually Russians do it, not sure why), but the most blatant ones are the people that 100% ignore other survivors that run infront of them to take hits and lead them away and just blindly follow that one guy all game. And its frustrating to deal with but usually they dont get many kills unless survivors let them.

TL;DR Tunneling is a good strategy, if its 1. To get rid of one survivor because you ######### up your early game and need a way to slow the game down and you know one guy is on death hook. 2. To buy time by downing a recently unhooked survivor and then going for the unhooker (who you should know where is in this scenario). ps sometimes tunneling happens because of ######### team mates.

Camping is usually trash tier strategy but if you get an early down and the other survivors arent ontop of their game/too altruistic then 1 kill can easily snowball into a free win. Its a cheese strategy but its usually only effective in low ranks. And besides the ######### its unfun for everyone.

But thats just my oppinion. As a player that primarily but not exclusively plays killer.

Forgot to say that, beyond my defense of these plays being strategies. I still think its a ######### way to play. I happen to do it on occassion where I consider the game lost and just want a single kill out of the game, but having experienced them myself I prefer to play "normally" and not depend on inconsistent 'strategies'. And I hate the mentality that people have that "You need to play like this because otherwise its not fun for me". And a side note. The most looney tunes dumbassery I have ever read was a killer main saying "THE KILLERS ARE SUPPOSED TO WIN" Still haven't experienced as much brain damage as I did reading that.