self heal and drop pallet actions interfering

I've noticed that in the middle of a chase while you're injured and you're waiting next to a pallet waiting for the killer to get  closer to it; The self heal option appears instead of the drop the pallet option; You  have to be moving to cancel the self heal option giving away your position. the game's been for a while now and they haven't even addressed this bad design move from the devs

Comments

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited September 2018

I'm not sure how you are having an issue? Self-Care is M1, Pallet Drop is Space? I will have to check my controls when my game updates.

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    Don't heal next to a pallet problem solved 

Next
  • Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

I am sorry, but I too don't have this issue. Have you tried running a perk other than self-care and see if it does it too? If so, maybe it is a sign that you have gotten too good for self-care.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    I've seen this on console because it's the same button. 
    Are you on console? 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Don't wait next to the pallet or unequip Self Care until this changes. That's my advice.

• scerckan
    scerckan Member Posts: 149
    yeah ps4
  • Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

@scerckan said:
    yeah ps4

press L1 to run, guarantees to drop pallets

• Darkside84
    Darkside84 Member Posts: 40
    Just change your button layout, I did that the first week I played because the default control scheme is terrible. 
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Odd then why is medkit self heal r2 but sc is r1
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@redsopine1 said:

Because you could be holding another item, like a toolbox.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    That makes sense I need to have a load out look and change it to l2
  • Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

@redsopine1 said:

If you have medkit, but don't want to use it's charges yet, you can resort to SC. Simple as that.
    Otherwise you can't heal with SC or have to drop medkit

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@scerckan said:
    I've noticed that in the middle of a chase while you're injured and you're waiting next to a pallet waiting for the killer to get  closer to it; The self heal option appears instead of the drop the pallet option; You  have to be moving to cancel the self heal option giving away your position. the game's been for a while now and they haven't even addressed this bad design move from the devs

I had the same issue.I changed my controls to left d-pad-use item, drop item- circle,pick up item/interactions -r1, actions-r2. Now you'll vault and sc with r2. Pallets are r1.