So why are we punishing people for liking a character?

Comments

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

Thats not a professional one and thats just the booth (On eBay at that) discluding the equipment and everything else.

• kate_best_girl

I have a tough money situation I had started saving for this chapter the second it was announced because I did the reasonable thing and figured it would cost $15 to $20. Lisa is my favorite character in Silent Hill and I do not think for one second she was poorly implented just because she doesn't have her own custom unique voice which in itself is extremely hard to do due to the current world situation. You're EXTREMELY entitled if you punish someone else just because YOU'RE unsatisfied that she costs $5 more than a normal skin. How is it not selfish to you that everyone has to suffer because you're unhappy? Im unhappy with when I get teabagged so do I punish all survivors by face camping and tunneling just because they're not actively fighting against toxic survivor behavior? No I'm not. Quite frankly its just you thinking you deserve more and more while ignoring everything around you its gross and I can't believe this community thinks its okay to act this childish.

• BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333

that's why i said,i think the reason behind that,could be,"they can't do it due to the covid-19 pandemic,they don't to expose themselves or their employees to get sick or something worse,they want to take precautions and prefer to wait till the Virus is gone maybe (?)

• kate_best_girl

Also to add on I spent my money because I expected even less than we got I expected solely just Lisa not even a new lobby animation or anything but we got more than I expected and I was happy with it because I knew this wasn't Lisa being added as a whole new chapter survivor this is simply a skin of a pre existing character but I was fine with it because its my favorite character from my favorite game being put into my 2nd favorite game of all time as a playable character.

• kate_best_girl

Yeah thats probably exactly why or even Konami could be being a hassle with giving Lisa a voice and making them pay more money for it.

• WRussoW
    WRussoW Member Posts: 715

You have issues with defining proper price and quality ratio. Lisa costs nearly like 3 characters with separate lore, voices, perks, lobby names, skins, etc. People were okay with her not having her own perks, maybe lore. But other stuff? Where is it? That's a bit too much. It's not healthy to support that and you know it. And you know people are rightfully displeased with Lisa. But instead of understanding the situation and helping, you whine and say how bad people are!

That's why people decided to act like this. You're being ignorant here and the only way to get any kind of help from you is making you create a thread where you discuss the issue. How else are we supposed to deal with people like you who will support anything? What do we need to do? Eat it up?

• WRussoW

Oh, so we are the bad ones who don't see issues with paying gold nuggets for an apple? You're ready to waste this much money on a in-game model even without animations? We are the ones having issues?! Wow.

• kate_best_girl

My problem isn't the skin my problem is you and people like you who are so selfish that unless something is worth what you wan't it to be worth everyone who likes it HAS to suffer. You're quite literally saying no ones allowed to buy or like it because you don't like it which is so dumb and pointless. The skin is literally fine it just doesn't fit your little standards of what it should be. And once again basic common sense tells you this skin would cost more since its a higher rarity than Very Rare and Very Rare skins are already $10 so what did you expect? $11? Literally green skins are $10 as well so whys it oh so terrible Lisa is $5 when she comes with more than a normal skin?

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 921
    edited June 2020

I don't understand it. The only survivor that I might target just in the lobby is Legacy P3's (Usually they play like scumbags, although in reality I'd just dodge em) Blendettes and Pink Hair Neas. (usually toxic)

I literally see nothing that says tunnel/camp me on that skin. Do people with that skin play toxic or something?

EDIT: I see now, it's because of the price/legendary skin set thing. I understand why people do it now, but I still think it's stupid to tunnel/camp for it. I'd rather protest/complain at BHVR/Konami instead of targeting people who chose to spend their money on that skin.

• kate_best_girl
  • kate_best_girl

Well I after getting through these threads it seems that people are just mad cause it costs $15 instead of the traditional $10 so as a way to punish people and scare people into not buying it they just tunnel and camp Lisa players.

• WRussoW
    edited June 2020

Stop trying to look innocent here. You know that you're not being targeted just because you like the skin. I like the skin too! You support bad decisions devs make towards cosmetics. It's not my own opinion, it's freaking common sense. Use your freaking brain and realize it. The devs themselves made a standard, a character costs 500 Auric Cells. And a skin costs 1080 Auric Cells. 1080+500=1580. Subtract 100 cells and you get Lisa's price. She's a character in a form of a skin money wise. Instead of perks you get a the same bloodweb so you don't need to put bloodpoints into her, and those 100 cells are her not having a prestige. So, if she's a character, she must have a separate name in a lobby and her own voice. She doesn't have them. (And you can't customize her.) It's NOT my standard, it's the standard the devs made. And you support its lowering. So you're still okay with it? Ouch.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

I figured Lisa was going to be just a skin. Like any other. Just Cheryl wearing Lisa's skin. The extra price is because the appearance belongs to someone else(Konami). I don't understand why everyone is so upset. Why were you guys thinking this was going to be some extra character.it was always just Cheryl wearing the skin. Nothing more. Nobody at BhVr ever said it was going to be anything else?

• WRussoW
  • kate_best_girl

Where was this outrage when the devs made a $15 pig skin? Where were you screaming how horrible it was that The Pig got a leather jacket for $15? Face it you're entitled and think unless you have it, no one should have it. Im supporting my favorite game and favorite character but hey its fine to be toxic as long as someone wears a skin you don't like right? "B-but I like the skin!!!!!!!" You can like the skin all you want! You can be mad all you want! Stop taking it out on OTHER people just because you wanted it to cost less. Also a skin can range from 50 Auric cells to now 1480 since wow its a higher rarity so therefore it would cost more wow shocking right?

• kate_best_girl

Actually it does because just buying $10 worth of auric cells isn't enough to buy the skin you have to buy an additional $5 worth of auric cells for it.

• WRussoW

You have enough Auric Cells left to buy a rare skin piece. Plus, people usually buy skin pieces, not the whole set, that's why nobody was this mad.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

"Hey, we're having a party. Come on over."

" Where's the cake? "

"Uh, we never mentioned any cake. We're just partying."

" No cake??!!! " *flips the tables*

• kate_best_girl

still $15 for the whole skin sooooo. Also once again Lisa is a HIGHER rarity than that Pig cosmetic Lisa is also owned by Konami which means they'll have to pay even MORE money towards her in order to give her her own unique little voice along with paying the voice actor AND making an at home booth full of equipment and everything else just for some "AHHHHH!"s and some "Ungh."s for one skin not everyone will get.

• kate_best_girl

Thats quite literally whats happening and a perfect analogy

• WRussoW

You can repeat all you want the same thing. The answer won't change.

I literally have enough Auric Cells on my account to buy it. Stop trying to demonize me. It's not "ugh, I don't have it, so noone else can have it", it's "I don't support a scam". And I described you why it's a scam.

You're mainly supporting the lowering of the quality by buying Lisa. You can buy things that are worth buying to support without any side effects, you know?

Did you read my comment? It makes perfect sense why the skin costs more. The price is legit, now, we only ask to make the skin worth it.

Stop. Realize the issue. People are being angry not because the price is high but because it doesn't match the quality. And the quality standard is stated by the devs themselves. Not us.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

I love how you've lost this debate but don't even see it.

• WRussoW

The party invitations says there will be sweets. You come and there is a bunch of licorice chops. Feels trashy, don't you think?

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

I get punished for playing the opposition.

Does that count?

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

lisa doesn't look right to me anyway but i wonder why the other Cheryl are one part some should be 3 parts.

• kate_best_girl

I haven't because the argument is is it scummy to punish people for playing a character they like and the answer is always yes

• kate_best_girl

You don't like licorice chops some people do. So now you're gonna go around stealing everybody elses candy and pushing them on the floor because its a candy you dont like?

• kate_best_girl

Others its possible license reasons though they said Alessa was because of clipping.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

Alessa one is the one i want but the others shouldn't be a reason

• kate_best_girl

Like I said its due to the possibility of Konami not wanting them to be exchangeable

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Being willfully blind to the statement of others doesn't win debates. But I suppose you can think that if you like, anyone else with the ability to think critically will come to a different conclusion.

Have fun in your blindness good night.

• WRussoW
    edited June 2020

They have my money for other stuff, not Lisa. I gave them money for other reasons. Let your braincells work for a bit.

Read my comment again, I'll repeat it over and over, again and again. We do not punish you for liking a character, we punish you for supporting a scam and being blind about it.

Your car compassion is not accurate. You don't sell a cheap car for the price of a luxury car. That's the issue here.

If you're gonna say "you beat us for liking a character", I'll assume you don't even try reading my comments.

Post edited by WRussoW on
  • WRussoW

Instead of listening to what we say, you repeat your thought over and over again. The dialog stagnating because you can't even address the topic we are referring to. Instead of giving a comment about the things we write, you just say "you're toxic, you're scummy, you're toxic, you're scummy". Or "you're ruining someone's fun for liking a character". Pathetic.

• Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570

I wasn’t targeting Lisa till people started making posts and made this a ‘thing’. Call me a sheep but I like to contribute to trends because it’s fun/funny. Imma tunnel out any Lisa I see now~

• WRussoW
    edited June 2020

It's kinda a common knowledge? Value should stay the same for all people. Wealthier people are the ones who control the value, so it's their responsibility to treat money properly because they are the controlling minority. You do not approve something to be much more expensive when in reality it's not worth it and and less wealthy people could get an access to.

We have 3 people who have spare 2$ and you who have spare 100$. Imagine a bunch of candies. In reality each candy it costs 1$. But the person who sells it puts the price of 100$. Now, if nobody buys it, the seller would have to reduce the price until it matches the price it should have. The price would reduce to 2$ and everyone would buy it, including you and 3 other people. But instead of waiting and showing concern you just buy the candy for 100$. The price will remain the same because of the people like you. And three people who should be able to afford a product can't buy it now. Because YOU don't treat money properly. It was YOU who didn't let people get the candy.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2020

Us Legion players are sitting back like,... uh huh, tell us all about it. When Legion came out we were told "#########" etc for playing him.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

If you think you got it bad, try playing a Claudette. I main her and I constantly get tunneled. Many, many Killers hate her. Once I switch to Dwight, all the tunneling stops.

• WRussoW

This one right here. Noone got a single negative thing to say about the Legion DC protest despite it breaking the legit game rules. Here we have Lisa, people just Mori her or camp, people just use in-game features on you. And all of a sudden survivors go "this is wroooong, noooo!!!". C'mon.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

Because most killers love being toxic. P3 Claudette, bald Dwight, Bunny Feng and now Lisa are unfortunate targets. It's dumb and it doesn't make sense, but neither does abusing hooked survivors, which happens often.

• amiikaii
    amiikaii Member Posts: 2

Isn’t it mad to think we’ve come to a stage where people think it’s ok to tell people not to spend their own money on what they want. I don’t see anyone saying “you can’t buy M&S food as it’s too expensive for everyone to afford so if you don’t buy it. They’ll lower their food prices” I personally don’t see the point in spending £600 on hair extensions that only last 3 months but I don’t go shout at a person who chooses to do that with their own money.

Utter madness. Just either buy it or don’t. The killers playing like this and those support it are most likely those who play this style of play style anyway and like it’s already been said, people have tunnelled and camped etc for a long time before Lisa came along and well after. If they want to protest the skin. It’s their choice same as it’s your own choice to buy the skin. You may get some matches you don’t like and you will get others with the game style you like.

Just decide if the way you see a toxic play is worth carrying on playing or not. Just got to go with the luck of the draw for most matches.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Remember when Leatherface players needed to kill survivors to unlock their face skin masks?

I use to tunnel every single Jake because I saw them so rarely!

PS: Sorry Jake players.

• JimPickens
    JimPickens Member Posts: 158

No one hate Lisa. Everyone loves lisa. People hate that she's 15 dollars and has nothing unique about her from Cheryl other than lobby animation.

Also i hate that she doesn't getting a prestige skin because come on! How could you not! I still think about that moment lol

• BoiltOver
    BoiltOver Member Posts: 118

Well here you go.

I disagreed with dcing against old Legion even though they were entirely unfun to play against, but I did not voice my side because I wasn't active in any Dbd places. And I also disagree with tunneling and camping Lisas. :]

The difference lies in one being broken, and unfun to play against, and the other having no affect on gameplay whatsoever.

• WRussoW
    edited June 2020

The first one is breaking the game's rules and the second one is just favoring the usage of your Mori. You see the difference? I would still waste my Mori on someone, it's MY choice on which survivor I will waste it. It happens that this survivor is Lisa, that's it. ❤️

• BoiltOver
    BoiltOver Member Posts: 118

Sweaty I see the difference, but at least Legion dcers were breaking the rules for a good reason back then, although I never supported it. You're just being petty.