I am about to buy it... maybe

xEa
xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Hello around.

I have not touched the game since 2 months now, neither has my girlfriend and almost all of the team i was playing with. My personal reason was the direction the game took with the recent patches and shifting more and more away from its core concept. But i am not here to talk bad about the game, since i actually enjoyed it A LOT (2000 hours alone in the last year should say enough).

All I want are honest opinions if you think it is worth to come back. Silent Hill is the best reason the Devs could have come up to get me back on board since i like Silent Hill (Ps1) and Silent Hill 2 (PS2) a lot, one of the greatest horror games ever made, so...

Whats your opinion about?

Q1: Is the Silent Hill Chapter really good overall? Killer fun to play? Design of the map good? Creepy Atmosphere?

Q2: Are Devs still buffing killers constantly? (no bait, i used to be more a killerplayer then survivor but i was absolutly not happy with making the game more and more easy for killer)

Thats it. Thanks for reading and have a great rest of your day.

Comments

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

The map is horrible but the killers fun.

Imo the game is great balance wise but i dont recommend returning now since theres so many bugs

• ddubuckyee_user
    ddubuckyee_user Member Posts: 178

Too many bug..

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,124

Personally, i feel this silent hill chapter is a dumpster fire. The map is annoying to navigate, the killer is a bit underwhelming, the perks are iffy. The only saving grace i feel is the survivor but even that is kind of shot down by not being able to mix outfits for her as outfits must be bought and worn as a whole set. Same goes for the new killer.

Killer feels a bit weak currently and the matchmaking is also very much awful right now. Basically no matter what rank you are expect either a purple or red rank survivor in your lobby.

• JimPickens
    JimPickens Member Posts: 158

Survivors have always had the advantage, SWF more than doubles that advantage. I only say this because if you didn't enjoy it back then you're not going to enjoy it now. I actually think this problem runs deeper than toxicity, because you won most of your games right? But you probably felt cheated by the times you lost because you're so good how could you lose?

The game is built in the perfect way to generate salt from everyone by balancing heavily in favor or survivors but not making them feel strong. So when you win as survivor you think you're a god and when die its some ALWAYS some BS.

Tonight i messaged this feng who ran me around for like 2 minutes "GGWP" But because she died she felt cheated and went off and was kind of confused i wasn't calling her trash. This games problem with the community are deeply rooted lol

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694

Design of the map is creepy and great but you will spend the first 5 matches completely lost, whether you are a killer or survivor.

Killer is cool, his chase music is nice and he has cool gimmicks. Only problem is his ranged attack is clunky and hard to use, which the devs did on purpose and he is around B rank.

Survivor is a survivor. It's just a reskin so if you like Cheryl great if not then move on.

They are working on killers. They did a rework on doc giving him a massive buff and this update gave Clown a slight buff.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Thanks for your honest opinion. Leads me towards no for now.

Unfortunate to read that.

Very sad news for me (" Silent Hill dumpster fire"), thanks for your opinion.

And outfits must be worn as a whole set? I guess it is because of the license. :( Still sucks tho.

I heavily disagree with "survivors always had the advantage" .. it used to be true like 2 years ago, but the last couple of months before i stopped.. well as you said, i barly lost a single game as a killer on the highest rank. With barly i mean i lost maybe 1 out of 10 games... And when i lost, i deserved it most of the time (playing a weak killer and usually playing not very well).

The game became just more and more boring for me, i might be one of the very few in this community who admits that playing killer is not that hard, but unfortunatly, i also think it is not that deep of gameplay, at least not as deep as i want it to be.

Hm you might be right with a lot what you say tho. Thanks for advise.

I can deal with beeing lost for a couple of games IF i get the payoff. So far it sounds a bit underwhelming unfortunatly.

What do you mean they buffed Doctor? Even more? Get received a vuff like a few months ago (rework his power, addons etc), did they buff him again? If so, big LOL from me, he was already a strong killer after the rework, absolutly no need to expand on that.

Thanks for your input.

As for now i wont buy the DLC, lets see what the future brings.

Thanks for all the input!

Kind regards

• Kei_Ra
    Kei_Ra Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2020

The game feels closer to balanced than ever before though this shift as the ranks change and as far as the new chapter the new map is beautiful and very atmospheric but hard for both sides killers find it hard to apply pressure across and survivors are finding it hard to navigate I find most games at that map just assuming the game will end before the endgame because gens won't get done unless I commit to gens only or I have really competent survivors. As far as bugs I put at least 2 hours a day into the game and I have few bugs much less than in the time frame you mentioned playing last maybe some dis aligned hooks or the occasional latency but nothing that hinders my game.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

PH might be fun to play as. He's definitely not fun to play against.

• Grobovshick
    Grobovshick Member Posts: 19

Why don't you have fun against PH? He isn't imba. If we learn to avoid his attack, we'll get more fun in the game. 

I appreciate game against PH than Nurse, Rin or Anna, for example (they're so heavy enemy for me).

• thrawn3054

I don't dislike killers based on how strong they are. I personally enjoy playing against Billy. I dislike them based on my experience with them. In my experience nearly every PH player loves to proxy camp and tunnel. At this point he's easily my most hated killer. I've yet to have an enjoyable match with one.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

The game is still easy for survivor. The new chapter has added cool stuff but made many dumb decisions. New killer has amazing camping ability and the new map is ######### (balance wise)

• Grobovshick
    Grobovshick Member Posts: 19

Aahhhh... I get it!

Maybe currently PH players just wanna Adept achievement so they camp survivors or they can't master new killer well and wanna kill at leat 1-2 survs.

Btw I meet Leatherface campers much more than PH.

• thrawn3054

These people put Bubba's to shame with the amount of camping they do. Honestly I think it's because they know if they do it nothing can stop them.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

This chapter really isn't the best one to come back on. The new map is aesthetically beautiful but it has crappy loops for survivors and way too much run around pathing for killers. Pyramid Head has some of the most clunky movement and animations when you play him which really makes it feel weird; and playing against him, his ability to tunnel is stronger than most killers but can be used against him if you're entire team plays it smart. But oh my god, the amount of sound bugs that got introduced in this patch is insane. Characters and generators are completely silent in certain trials. If you get a trial like that, it a nighmare for killer and you don't even have any way to end it fast.

I'd say give it a few weeks and see if they fix a lot of the problems before investing in this chapter. This is one of the ones I'd least recommend. I honestly thought they would do a lot better a job considering how much they hyped up their 4th aniversary.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

Q1:

Is the Silent Hill Chapter really good overall?

Yes.

Killer fun to play?

Triangle Face is variable, like Demoborqon, but spicy, like Oni-chan.

Design of the map good?

Yes, you can use your Silent Hill PlayStation strategy guide map to navigate the DBD Midwich area.

Creepy Atmosphere?

The long hallways are ultra creepy with fog juice offerings.

Q2: Are Devs still buffing killers constantly? (no bait, i used to be more a killerplayer then survivor but i was absolutly not happy with making the game more and more easy for killer)

No, that's arguably not happening for the most part.