Perks automatically eaten by the bloodweb

Ok, why doesnt it say anywhere in the game about bloodweb mechanics that if you chose one perk, the other will be "eaten" by the entity?Literally just got thieved from a teachable perk. The game wouldnt let me take the shortest way to it so I was left with no choice but to go the longer way...and the game fricken eats it. IF THERE IS A MECHANIC IN THE BLOODWEB THAT MIGHT AFFECT OUR DECISION MAKING, DON'T YOU THINK THE GAME SHOULD TELL YOU ABOUT IT? the game literally says that all of the bloodweb items are claimed randomly...and it just so happens to be the perk that the game wouldnt let me go to. Then when asking around, you get told that the second perk is eaten if forgone? #########, THATS LOW KEY BULLCRAP NOT TELLING PEOPLE ABOUT THAT IN THE GAME.

Answers

• nickofford
    nickofford Member Posts: 105

It does ? , When you hit like level 10 it tells you the entity has woken up

• RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322

It will almost always target a perk first. This is normal.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Teachable perks will always appears in the next bloodweb until you take it, so dont afraid losing it.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Iirc it doesn't specifically say it eats the perk first so I don't blame the op for being confused.

• Athanar90
    Athanar90 Member Posts: 123

Yeah, it doesn't say it eats perks first.

It definitely eats perks first.

• OP makes a solid point, he isn't complaining about the fact it it does that, only that it didn't tell him the first time he started going through it.

Legit complaint; but an issue that can only really happen once. I mean now you know going forward.

• RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322

If a perk is available, then yes. There is nothing out of the ordinary, and as far as I know it's always been like this. If there's two perks on the bloodweb that you want, you'll have to go after whichever one you want more.

• ephellon
    ephellon Member Posts: 19

To add to this old thread, why in the hell does it love eating perks while I'm buying on a new web? I can literally get to the next blood web and start buying and the entity will pop up with me only purchasing 2 things, then eat the perk I was aiming for. I've had all 4 perks eaten about 3 times now, this ######### is annoying.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

@ephellon know how entity eating work.

The 1st thing it will eat is a Perk

After buying 4 stuff, it will start to eat. So u have to buy a Perk before your 5th purchase.

Buy a perk result entity eats another perk. So maximum Perk u can buy in a bloodweb is 2. You have to pick 2 in 4 perks.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

While it doesn't explicitly say that the Entity will take one perk for each perk you reach in the Bloodweb, it should have inherently taught you this mechanic around level 10, where you're very likely to see at least one dual-perk web after the Entity awakens. Until very recently, I'd actually though that level 10 would guarantee the appearance of two perks to demonstrate this, but supposedly there's the possibility of only getting one at that threshold (I've always gotten two perk options at 10). However, both levels 15 and 20 are larger webs always intended to have 2 perks.

The game DOES mention that the Entity will take something in exchange for every node you get after it activates, that it will work its way in from the outermost layers, and that the rarest stuff spawns on the outer edges of the web. Perks always spawn in the outermost layers and are treated as the rarest thing you can get per web, hence why they immediately activate the Entity (and can be used to strategically level up efficiently).

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667

why would you prioritise Whispers on Trapper over a teachable in the first place

• ephellon
    ephellon Member Posts: 19

No, I mean when I'm about to buy a second perk, as in I will only get 1 perk out of 4 because it will eat the other 3 withing 2 purchases.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383